What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?
/forum/topic/982966/164

1       2       3              164      
       166              192       193       end

Taylor Sherman
Total Posts: 1161

P.S. Congrats Sebboh! Looking forward to seeing your pictures with the A7.

sebboh
Total Posts: 10680

Taylor Sherman wrote:
P.S. Congrats Sebboh! Looking forward to seeing your pictures with the A7.

thanks, and congrats on the voigtlander. another member was kinda enough to let me try his out and it's spectacular.

kopuschenfred
Total Posts: 36

Contax Zeiss 100mm f/2 MMJ

LightShow
Total Posts: 5075

Congrats you two. (Taylor & sebboh)
I may have found my SSC 85/1.2 Asph. I'm just waiting to hear back.

I think my next lens will be the Contax 28/2(Hollywood), and I'm thinking of pairing it with the 35-70, it's either the zoom or two more primes, opinions?
Also, which versions? I was thinking AEG MM.... But I'm not totally versed in the Contax line.
Other options are welcome.
Thanks.

Bijltje
Total Posts: 815

Finally found a nice 90mm

Tried it for a couple of days and its very sharp and focuses pretty easy on the M9.
Also very compact and light weight for a 90, especially compared to the 90 cron APO.

LightShow

I can cross the SSC 85/1.2 Aspherical off my list.
A nice clean copy is on it's way to me.

LightShow

Just bought:
Minolta Chiyoda Kogaku Super Rokkor 5cm f/1.8 LTM (looks like they swapped Chiyoda and Chiyoko at some point, didn't know that).
Minolta Chiyoko Kogaku Super Rokkor 8.5cm f/2.8 LTM

freaklikeme
Total Posts: 5801

LightShow wrote:
Congrats you two. (Taylor & sebboh)
I may have found my SSC 85/1.2 Asph. I'm just waiting to hear back.

I think my next lens will be the Contax 28/2(Hollywood), and I'm thinking of pairing it with the 35-70, it's either the zoom or two more primes, opinions?
Also, which versions? I was thinking AEG MM.... But I'm not totally versed in the Contax line.
Other options are welcome.
Thanks.

AE and MM are mutually exclusive. It's the G (Germany) and J (Japan) that you'll see matched with them, and most often its AEG and MMJ but I know there are AEJs. I don't know if there are MMGs. There's some sort of difference in the mount, I assume in the aperture control, since adapters for Canon and E-mount work on either AE or MM.

Hollywood's okay, but it's a little overpriced at the going rate. You can save some cash and get a, in my opinion, better lens going with the ZF 28/2.

Congrats on the 85! I would love to see samples if you have time and the inclination.

LightShow

Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately I just blew my disposable cash on the 85/1.2 and two Super Rokkor's above, so it may be a while till I can buy anything else.
I've been missing my 85/1.2LII for a while now, well since I stopped using AF it hardly got used, so I'm looking forward to it.

helimat
Total Posts: 3745

freaklikeme wrote:
AE and MM are mutually exclusive. It's the G (Germany) and J (Japan) that you'll see matched with them, and most often its AEG and MMJ but I know there are AEJs. I don't know if there are MMGs. There's some sort of difference in the mount, I assume in the aperture control, since adapters for Canon and E-mount work on either AE or MM.

There are MMG's, in fact I have two of them. As far as I know, they are identical to any other made in Japan MM lens, however they were made in West Germany.

molson
Total Posts: 10765

I picked up a Distagon T* 21mm f2.8 and Makro-Planar T* 100mm f2... again...

DamonJoyce
Total Posts: 244

Phillip Reeve wrote:
just bought a Canon FD 2.8/20 I hope it arrives before Wednesday when I fly to the Algarve for some days

I also bought the nFD 20/2.8, and it arrived here in Grand Canyon a few days ago. It's amazingly sharp for landscape stuff, but it does suffer from coma wide open (for star shots).

LightShow

Sadly most canon FD lenses seem to suffer from coma, I need to test all the lenses I've bought in the last year to see which are corrected enough to use.
My OM 21/3.5 was my best corrected wide angle lens.

freaklikeme
Total Posts: 5801

helimat wrote:
freaklikeme wrote:

There are MMG's, in fact I have two of them. As far as I know, they are identical to any other made in Japan MM lens, however they were made in West Germany.

Cool. Thanks, Mat. Hey, do you know if they ever made the S-Planar 60 Macro in MM or was it just the C-Planar?

helimat
Total Posts: 3745

freaklikeme wrote:
Cool. Thanks, Mat. Hey, do you know if they ever made the S-Planar 60 Macro in MM or was it just the C-Planar?

No prob!

To answer your question, I believe that when they went to the MM mount, it changed to the 1:2 C-Planar. I could be wrong though.

Peire
Total Posts: 1342

freaklikeme wrote:
helimat wrote:
freaklikeme wrote:

AFAIK S-Makro Planar 60/2.8 and Makro Planar 100/2.8 C/Y were only AE.

Peire
Total Posts: 1342

Another Distagon 35/2.8 C/Y MMJ cheaply.They are excellent on the A7.

lenticular11
Total Posts: 678

Cheap and hopefully cheerful:

Helios 55/2 and Pentacon 50/1.8, complete with Honeywell Pentax Spotmatic and Praktica rear covers (not working cams), posted for A$48

OpticalFlow
Total Posts: 189

Would that be a Helios 58/2 or is there a 55 that I don't know about?

buggz2k
Total Posts: 1684

Heh, I was gonna say I have one.
However mine is a Helios 44M-7 58/2 M42 with six aperture blades.

OpticalFlow wrote:
Would that be a Helios 58/2 or is there a 55 that I don't know about?

1       2       3              164      
       166              192       193       end