What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?
/forum/topic/982966/156

1       2       3              156      
157
       158              194       195       end

ukkisavosta
Registered: Nov 28, 2010
Total Posts: 418
Country: Finland

TMaG82 wrote:
ukkisavosta wrote:
Well, my Konica adventure did not end exactly the way I hoped... I received the lenses today and they are absolutely infested with mold. They even reek of mold. Yuk.

Seller is not a photographer and is totally uncooperative. I gave him negative feedback, but that's about all I can do at this point.


Did you use PayPal? File a dispute, they tend to lean to the buyer more often than not.


Unfortunately not - I bought the lenses through a Finnish online auction service using wire transfer.

To add insult to injury, the seller has of course given me negative feedback as well, claiming that I am mistaking dust for fungus.

Well, I can always take the lenses to a camera repair shop for a third party opinion, should I want to pursue this further. The lenses reek of mold so badly that the repair shop would most likely ask me to get them out of their shop due to health risks. I actually had to take the lenses to the garage after about five minutes of looking them through. The stench is awful... they must be some kind of an attic or wet basement find. Pity, they barely have any signs of usage otherwise.

Jaakko



freaklikeme
Registered: Apr 08, 2005
Total Posts: 5821
Country: United States

LightShow wrote:
freaklikeme wrote:
I found a Canon FD 24L I couldn't say no to. I was supposed to be looking for a 35 TS but got distracted.

"Oohh Shiny"


Exactly. Unfortunately, that's about all it takes.



Peire
Registered: Apr 27, 2010
Total Posts: 1348
Country: Poland

slungu wrote:
Last lens purchase is a little Zuiko 50/1.8, seems like I will still build an inexpensive Oly lineup for my A7

An excellent lens.And Oly lenses are very sexy on the A7,esp the "darker",inexpensive ones.



Peire
Registered: Apr 27, 2010
Total Posts: 1348
Country: Poland

briantho wrote:
Phillip Reeve wrote:
not a purchase but Sony loaned me a SAL70400, SAL135f18Z and SAL24f2Z +LA-EA4 for a month


Wow, can't wait to see what you can do with those, esp the 135.


I second to look forward to your reviews.



Peire
Registered: Apr 27, 2010
Total Posts: 1348
Country: Poland

Another C/Y Planar MM 50/1.4,Minolta MD 35-70/3.5,just by the way,because I like them so much,and the first copy of the 24/2.8 SMC Pentax M.

BTW: Canon FD 85/1.2 SSC Asph is an outstanding piece of glass on both the A7 and NEX5N/7.The best fast 85mm I've ever tried/had.



Peire
Registered: Apr 27, 2010
Total Posts: 1348
Country: Poland

Cheap Rolleinar 21/4 in the Rollei mount.From what I know it should work very well with the A7.



molson
Registered: Oct 30, 2002
Total Posts: 10786
Country: Canada

Does re-purchasing a lens count? My LNIB Zuiko 50mm f2 macro will shortly be on its way home from its Australian vacation...

Gratuitous lens porn...



briantho
Registered: Oct 07, 2011
Total Posts: 1102
Country: Sweden

Peire, I've been trying to figure out your strategy when it comes to lens purchases.

I conclude that you have received a message from the heavens, telling you to collect at least two specimens of every lens ever made. A flood is coming...



Peire
Registered: Apr 27, 2010
Total Posts: 1348
Country: Poland

Yes.Preferably male and female specimens,so as after flood they can generate abundant progeny and make me rich This was what the heavens told me to do.



LightShow
Registered: Aug 03, 2009
Total Posts: 5094
Country: Canada

LoL @ Peire.
Maybe if you store them together you will get a 50 Elmarit as an offspring.



ukkisavosta wrote:
Well, my Konica adventure did not end exactly the way I hoped... I received the lenses today and they are absolutely infested with mold. They even reek of mold. Yuk.

Seller is not a photographer and is totally uncooperative. I gave him negative feedback, but that's about all I can do at this point.

TMaG82 wrote:
Did you use PayPal? File a dispute, they tend to lean to the buyer more often than not.

ukkisavosta wrote:
Unfortunately not - I bought the lenses through a Finnish online auction service using wire transfer.

To add insult to injury, the seller has of course given me negative feedback as well, claiming that I am mistaking dust for fungus.

Well, I can always take the lenses to a camera repair shop for a third party opinion, should I want to pursue this further. The lenses reek of mold so badly that the repair shop would most likely ask me to get them out of their shop due to health risks. I actually had to take the lenses to the garage after about five minutes of looking them through. The stench is awful... they must be some kind of an attic or wet basement find. Pity, they barely have any signs of usage otherwise.

Jaakko


Sorry to hear, is the serial number in the description or pictures of the sellers ad?
I'd send pictures and a 3rd party's evaluation of the lenses to both the auction house and the seller asking/demanding they remove the bad feedback.

I might also add that if nothing is done that your last act in this matter will be to warn the net not to use their service. Then to plaster the forums and review sites.



molson
Registered: Oct 30, 2002
Total Posts: 10786
Country: Canada

I re-acquired one of my all-time favourite Zuiko lenses - the 100mm f2 (ED-IF).

I'm trying to rationalize it by telling myself it's much smaller, lighter, and less expensive than a Zeiss 100 f2...



jaystar86
Registered: Dec 27, 2009
Total Posts: 38
Country: United States

Picked up the cheaply Panasonic 14mm F/2.5 for $150.... pretty great lens for the money!



OpticalFlow
Registered: May 17, 2011
Total Posts: 189
Country: N/A


Distagon 32 2.8 by junda.fotos, on Flickr



carstenw
Registered: Dec 26, 2005
Total Posts: 15874
Country: Germany

What a curious lens. What will you be using it with?



ukkisavosta
Registered: Nov 28, 2010
Total Posts: 418
Country: Finland

LightShow wrote:
Sorry to hear, is the serial number in the description or pictures of the sellers ad?
I'd send pictures and a 3rd party's evaluation of the lenses to both the auction house and the seller asking/demanding they remove the bad feedback.

I might also add that if nothing is done that your last act in this matter will be to warn the net not to use their service. Then to plaster the forums and review sites.


No serial numbers nor close-ups of the lenses. I did submit a question to the auction house support asking about the unjustified feedback, and they basically didn't want anything to do with it and told me to try and settle it with the seller. Also, they will not remove feedback unless it is explicitly malicious or if requested by the feedback provider (which seems stupid and short-sighted on their part, but does cut down the need for personnel).

Oh well, I think I'll just let it be. No point in trying to start a one-man-war against the site, as it's the largest (and pretty much only one) in Finland.

Besides, the Sigma does look salvageable after all - there was a little fungus only on the back lens, and it cleaned off well. The back of the front lens does look a bit hazy, though, so I'll probably try to take it apart for cleaning at some point. Still waiting for my Konica adapter.

Jaakko



OpticalFlow
Registered: May 17, 2011
Total Posts: 189
Country: N/A

Not sure carsten. It is the Distagon 32 2.8 for Contaflex 126. In contrast to the other Contaflex lenses the Contaflex 126 lenses contain all the optics in the removable objective - the other Contaflexes have a lens element in the camera. The lens also has an aperture inside. However, the aperture lever was controlled through a dial in the camera body and the focus helicoid was also part of the camera body. There is more information (in German) on the Taunusreiter website.
These cameras were made for 126 cartridge film and from memory they cover 26mm by 26mm (the link above has the details).

There is an adapter from yeenon in Hong Kong with a helicoid and aperture ring to LTM that appear on ebay every now and then, but at around 180 EUR plus import taxes to Germany the adapter is not the most attractive proposition.

The other option is to make a Frankenzeiss by placing the optics into a donor lens. There are some examples on Chinese websites . The page http://forum.xitek.com/thread-757914-1-1-1.html shows some fine samples on a 5D that indicate that this lens also pretty much covers 35mm. There are also some sample images (NEX) on flickr.

I haven't made up my mind whether I keep it as a collectible or try and house it into a donor lens. I paid 20 EUR for it, sometimes it goes for a lot more.



briantho
Registered: Oct 07, 2011
Total Posts: 1102
Country: Sweden

OpticalFlow wrote:

Distagon 32 2.8 by junda.fotos, on Flickr


I had that lens once. There was an adapter to E-mount for it, but it was only available in China. For months I tried to buy one, but it just couldn't be done, so I sold the lens in the end and made a nice profit.



OpticalFlow
Registered: May 17, 2011
Total Posts: 189
Country: N/A

Yes, I'm aware of the adapter
http://bipanda.com/taobao/view/id/9098751925

It appears on ebay every now and then with worldwide shipping. However, at that price it only makes sense if you have the complete lineup of Contaflex 126 lenses. However, the only other one I have is the Tele-Tessar 135mm.



briantho
Registered: Oct 07, 2011
Total Posts: 1102
Country: Sweden

I'd be a little worried about this:

Shipping Cost: US $19799.94



carstenw
Registered: Dec 26, 2005
Total Posts: 15874
Country: Germany

Weight: 1kg



1       2       3              156      
157
       158              194       195       end