What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?
/forum/topic/982966/155

1       2       3              155      
       157              185       186       end

ukkisavosta
Total Posts: 417

Peire wrote:
Konica 40/1.8 does very well on the A7.Stopped to f4 it's very sharp and crisp across the frame like better C/Y Zeiss lenses.Great,little piece of glass.I got two in case one breaks down.They are so cheap and cute

Thanks, that's reassuring to hear. I did come across some stopped down images with the Konica 40 by Makten recently, and they looked quite sharp. If I remember correctly, the lens isn't that hot wide open though, but we'll see. It will be interesting to compare it with my MD Rokkor 45 f/2.

I got the three lenses for a total of 47 eur (and a Konica Autoreflex TC thrown in), so I won't be left hurting even if they don't live up to the expectations. I'm mostly interested about the Sigma, as I don't have a wide'ish lens for the A7 yet. It should be sharp but susceptible to flaring. Luckily a hood is included.

Jaakko

slungu
Total Posts: 884

The problem with the 28-85 is that it is a little on the heavy side, but this is the only problem I had with it ( ok, distortion on the wide end is a little over what I like also ).

Peire
Total Posts: 1299

ukkisavosta wrote:
Peire wrote:
Konica 40/1.8 does very well on the A7.Stopped to f4 it's very sharp and crisp across the frame like better C/Y Zeiss lenses.Great,little piece of glass.I got two in case one breaks down.They are so cheap and cute

Thanks, that's reassuring to hear. I did come across some stopped down images with the Konica 40 by Makten recently, and they looked quite sharp. If I remember correctly, the lens isn't that hot wide open though, but we'll see. It will be interesting to compare it with my MD Rokkor 45 f/2.

I got the three lenses for a total of 47 eur (and a Konica Autoreflex TC thrown in), so I won't be left hurting even if they don't live up to the expectations. I'm mostly interested about the Sigma, as I don't have a wide'ish lens for the A7 yet. It should be sharp but susceptible to flaring. Luckily a hood is included.

Jaakko

You won't be disappointed.Konica 40/1.8 wo is soft and hazy with some CA.At f2.8 it is almost acceptable esp in subdued lighting.From f4 it's spectacular.

Rokkor 45/2 is soft but acceptable at f2-better than the Konica,but it never reaches Konica's level of sharpness and contrast at f4.A very good lens though - as good as 50/1.7 or 50/2 MC/MD Rokkors.Only 50/1.4 MD/MC Rokkors are better overall.

sebboh
Total Posts: 10182

ukkisavosta wrote:
Peire wrote:

Jaakko

the konica kicks the rokkor's ass for sharpness, especially outside of the center. i like the color and bokeh of the rokkor better though.

ukkisavosta

Ok, now I'm actually more interested in trying out the Konica 40 than the 28mm Sigma.

runamuck
Total Posts: 6879

DDoes a Siggy 35 "ART" qualify as alt? Lens is deadly sharp on my D800. Got it just before the holidays in Amazon's special.

Long Quang
Total Posts: 145

I just bought a Nikon 50mm 2.8 ais macro & Canon FD 50mm 1.4 for my Fujifilm X-E2 + two cheap adapter from amazon. I really like the 50mm 2.8 ais. The 50mm fd, however, hasn't arrived yet so I can't tell

roxsan
Total Posts: 112

just bought Canon EF 2,5/50mm macro lens, very nice

Alpha_Geist
Total Posts: 320

My recent alt lens purchase were two 50mm summicron-R lenses. One latest version (3 cam) and the other version 1 (with hood shown attached). I really like the way the latest (E55) cron renders. I haven't shot much with the 1st version yet. Hopefully this weekend I'll have some me time.

Sorry for the poor (iPhone4 non S) quality.

Leica 50mm Summicron-R by Alpha Geist, on Flickr

molson
Total Posts: 10512

runamuck wrote:
Does a Siggy 35 "ART" qualify as alt?

Nope... you have one letter wrong.

fungz0r
Total Posts: 47

Bought a cheap industar-61 off ebay to play around with, for $18 shipped it should be a bit of fun on the a7r

buggz2k
Total Posts: 1652

And speaking of cheap larks, for me, a C mount Fujian 35/1.7

ukkisavosta

Well, my Konica adventure did not end exactly the way I hoped... I received the lenses today and they are absolutely infested with mold. They even reek of mold. Yuk.

Seller is not a photographer and is totally uncooperative. I gave him negative feedback, but that's about all I can do at this point.

The Sigma might be salvageable, as it looks like only the front element has some mold in the backside, but the Konicas look like they have mold in internal elements as well. So, lesson learned and note to self: always ask if there is mold or scratches in lenses.

Jaakko

LightShow
Total Posts: 4960

freaklikeme wrote:
I found a Canon FD 24L I couldn't say no to. I was supposed to be looking for a 35 TS but got distracted.

"Oohh Shiny"

LightShow
Total Posts: 4960

Just received a 65mm Kodak Enlarging Ektar, and i can reach infinity on my bellows, though I have to be careful since the thread pitch doesn't match M39.

Peire
Total Posts: 1299

Canon FD SSC 85/1.2 Aspherical.Tomorrow I'll get it in my filthy little hands.

Phillip Reeve
Total Posts: 1467

not a purchase but Sony loaned me a SAL70400, SAL135f18Z and SAL24f2Z +LA-EA4 for a month

TMaG82
Total Posts: 481

ukkisavosta wrote:
Well, my Konica adventure did not end exactly the way I hoped... I received the lenses today and they are absolutely infested with mold. They even reek of mold. Yuk.

Seller is not a photographer and is totally uncooperative. I gave him negative feedback, but that's about all I can do at this point.

The Sigma might be salvageable, as it looks like only the front element has some mold in the backside, but the Konicas look like they have mold in internal elements as well. So, lesson learned and note to self: always ask if there is mold or scratches in lenses.

Jaakko

Did you use PayPal? File a dispute, they tend to lean to the buyer more often than not.

slungu
Total Posts: 884

Last lens purchase is a little Zuiko 50/1.8, seems like I will still build an inexpensive Oly lineup for my A7

briantho
Total Posts: 1081

Phillip Reeve wrote:
not a purchase but Sony loaned me a SAL70400, SAL135f18Z and SAL24f2Z +LA-EA4 for a month

Wow, can't wait to see what you can do with those, esp the 135.

1       2       3              155      
       157              185       186       end