What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?
/forum/topic/982966/154

1       2       3              154      
       156              186       187       end

jcolwell
Total Posts: 20673

molson wrote:
I've now gots me all of the Arrrgh (R) lenses except the XF 60mm f2.4 R

Arrgh. The XF 60/3.4 Macro is a gem.

Arrgh!

BTW, do you know the Pirate Alphabet?

molson
Total Posts: 10529

jcolwell wrote:
molson wrote:

Arrgh!

I'm afraid to ask...

sebboh
Total Posts: 10284

carstenw wrote:
A present, not a purchase, but my newest lens. I look forward to having some time and good light to try it out properly:

Helios 40-2 Nikon mount (85mm f/1.5):

is that the reissue?

carstenw
Total Posts: 15339

I guess so, it is brand-new. It has very neat rendering, but I haven't had a chance to use it much yet. Today I need other lenses, so it will have to wait a little longer. I did make some portraits of some friends, and they are awesome.

sebboh
Total Posts: 10284

carstenw wrote:
I guess so, it is brand-new. It has very neat rendering, but I haven't had a chance to use it much yet. Today I need other lenses, so it will have to wait a little longer. I did make some portraits of some friends, and they are awesome.

cool! i'm assuming you don't post pics of friends & family here?

jcolwell
Total Posts: 20673

molson wrote:

jcolwell wrote:

Arrgh!

molson wrote:
I'm afraid to ask...

A, R, B, C, R, D, R, E, F, R, ...

carstenw
Total Posts: 15339

sebboh wrote:
carstenw wrote:

cool! i'm assuming you don't post pics of friends & family here?

Right, but one turns out to be of me, so I can post that, along with some test shots, all wide open.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1266066

Peire
Total Posts: 1305

I confess.The therapy had failed.Every day my therapist was saying to me: Rokkor is just a marketing brand,Zeiss is no more than metal and glass assembled together.Sensor is not a name of the chief Olympic God.As soon as the orderly had left for pee,the Devil appeared and started his usual business....have a look at this mint Sonnar 135/2.8 C/Y and lovely,mint,boxed Minolta MD 50/1.4.How about this cheap,little Zuiko 28/2?And excellent Yashica ML 50/14?I know you have them already,but imagine,you've suddenly lost all! I heard the orderly coming back,so decided to take them.

briantho
Total Posts: 1081

How many do you have now? How many do you need?

Peire

I have more than 150 of very good/excellent lenses.Sure I can do with only a few,but this give me a freedom and pleasure of using nearly all best lenses of leading manufacturers if I fancy.

Depending on topic/mood/circumstances/lighting I like to select 3-5 at a time and go out for shooting.I have my favourite sets for holidays,trips,walks,locations and can change arrangements without restrictions.

molson
Total Posts: 10529

I found an MC version of the Zuiko 35mm f2.8 on eBay, but it looks like it will take a few weeks to get to me.

The more my Zuiko collection grows, the more I'm having to think about that A7R...

dthrog00
Total Posts: 228

Peire wrote:
I have more than 150 of very good/excellent lenses.Sure I can do with only a few,but this give me a freedom and pleasure of using nearly all best lenses of leading manufacturers if I fancy.

Depending on topic/mood/circumstances/lighting I like to select 3-5 at a time and go out for shooting.I have my favourite sets for holidays,trips,walks,locations and can change arrangements without restrictions.

Who are we to judge? If you enjoy what you are using the more power to you, plus you frequent my Zuiko thread

Dave

ukkisavosta
Total Posts: 417

A Sigma Mini-Wide 28mm f/2.8, Konica AR 40mm f/1.8 and Konica AR 135mm f/3.5 will soon be heading my way. We'll see...

Jaakko

briantho

Bought another Contax I've always wanted... Now if I could only find a good deal on the 100/2 my set will be complete.

freaklikeme
Total Posts: 5649

^^^Sweet, Brian. Looks practically new.

rsrsrs
Total Posts: 752

great great great lens.
35-70 the best
28-85 the 2nd best (little underrated) and for me the best.
and i miss it so much
i hope that the fuji can fill this gap a little bit. only a little bit.

briantho

freaklikeme wrote:

Thanks, it's unbelivable how cheap this lens is. It consistantly goes for 250-350. I paid 400 for this copy to get one in like new condition.

When the old Contax 35-70 thread was active on this board the price used to be higher than it is today.

Found the old thread: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/862783

lenticular11
Total Posts: 675

It's inevitable I suppose that some threads close
due declining use, however I miss the ones we appreciate

Your 35-70 is indeed like new Brian!
I have the 28-85 and even though I use a Conurusd 24-85
more, the advent of the A7(R) means it's staying with me!

Peire

briantho wrote:
freaklikeme wrote:

Thanks, it's unbelivable how cheap this lens is now. It consistantly goes for 250-350. I paid 400 for this copy to get one in like new condition.

When the old Contax 35-70 thread was active on this board the price was at least double what it is today.

Good deal for such as new,boxed lens.Mine was 350E+duty=500 Euro.,but it's nice to have it.

Peire

ukkisavosta wrote:
A Sigma Mini-Wide 28mm f/2.8, Konica AR 40mm f/1.8 and Konica AR 135mm f/3.5 will soon be heading my way. We'll see...

Jaakko

Konica 40/1.8 does very well on the A7.Stopped to f4 it's very sharp and crisp across the frame like better C/Y Zeiss lenses.Great,little piece of glass.I got two in case one breaks down.They are so cheap and cute

1       2       3              154      
       156              186       187       end