What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?
/forum/topic/982966/147

1       2       3              147      
       149              201       202       end

lenticular11
Total Posts: 702

helimat wrote:
W.T. Jones wrote:
Lenticular, Glad to hear it is a good performer, thanks for the reply. I have quite a few FD lenses from years past, but do not know much about the TS. When I was shooting EOS cameras I always wanted to buy a T-S lens, somehow I just found other things to spend money on. I never thought to adapt a FD TS lens to an EOS. Now that I have shifted to Fuji, I have different priorities & the TS lens was one of them.

Here she is in all her glory, even came with a hood! as well as a case, manual & tripod spacer

I always wanted a 35mm tilt-shift, but the FD was not easily adapted to Canon, and their offerings of the 45mm (too narrow) and 24mm (too wide) didn't fit the bill for me. If I go the A7r route, I might have to look around for one of these.

Not cheap, Matt, but the brass machined adapter from Canadian Ed Mika is a ready swap-out for the original FD bayonet and makes the TS35/2.8 a straight EF lens. He sells the adapter with or without a FC chip.

Bacalhau wrote:
After buying the zeiss 50MP, I started eyeing the 100f/2...but was hard to justify having another 100mm lens that was not 1:1 - I have already the canon ef 100mm 2.8 usm
Well, found a better solution:
LEICA APO-MACRO-ELMARIT-R 100 mm f/2.8 and the LEICA ELPRO 1:21:1 converter
Now I can retire the canon , that is after the new set arrives sometime this week

I have the Leica R 60/2.8 macro and the same 1:1 adapter and it's a fantastic lens, with or without the adapter. I think you will have lots of satisfaction from your 100 version too, purely in my experience with the 60.

Bacalhau
Total Posts: 129

lenticular11 wrote:
helimat wrote:
W.T. Jones wrote:
Lenticular, Glad to hear it is a good performer, thanks for the reply. I have quite a few FD lenses from years past, but do not know much about the TS. When I was shooting EOS cameras I always wanted to buy a T-S lens, somehow I just found other things to spend money on. I never thought to adapt a FD TS lens to an EOS. Now that I have shifted to Fuji, I have different priorities & the TS lens was one of them.

Here she is in all her glory, even came with a hood! as well as a case, manual & tripod spacer

I always wanted a 35mm tilt-shift, but the FD was not easily adapted to Canon, and their offerings of the 45mm (too narrow) and 24mm (too wide) didn't fit the bill for me. If I go the A7r route, I might have to look around for one of these.

Not cheap, Matt, but the brass machined adapter from Canadian Ed Mika is a ready swap-out for the original FD bayonet and makes the TS35/2.8 a straight EF lens. He sells the adapter with or without a FC chip.

Bacalhau wrote:
After buying the zeiss 50MP, I started eyeing the 100f/2...but was hard to justify having another 100mm lens that was not 1:1 - I have already the canon ef 100mm 2.8 usm
Now I can retire the canon , that is after the new set arrives sometime this week

I have the Leica R 60/2.8 macro and the same 1:1 adapter and it's a fantastic lens, with or without the adapter. I think you will have lots of satisfaction from your 100 version too, purely in my experience with the 60.

Are you using the lens on a Canon ef body?
If so, would you mind to provide me some feedack about used adapter? For now I got a generic with chip, allowing infinity focus and AF confirmation, but looking into a Novoflex, or a more permanent mounting with Leitax.
Thanks

lenticular11

I used a cheap LR - EF adapter and then bought a Leitax adapter. I ended up removing the Leitax adapter however, simply because the 1:1 adapter must mate with the standard LR bayonet fitting :-]

Bacalhau
Total Posts: 129

lenticular11 wrote:
I used a cheap LR - EF adapter and then bought a Leitax adapter. I ended up removing the Leitax adapter however, simply because the 1:1 adapter must mate with the standard LR bayonet fitting :-]

I received the 1:1 adapter already - lens trailing behind - and it seems that will mount in the front, which I don't mind at all.
If you decide to sell your Leitax - has to be a 6 screws - I might be interested in it. There is another brand aside Leitax and Novofles that I still need to check.
Thanks

ps: I apologize to dcad10 to highjack his thread - I will pm lenticular from now on

Phillip Reeve
Total Posts: 1563

I bought a Canon nFD 80-200/4 L (can I make the L red somehow? ) after I read a great review about it. Really looking forward to it.

rsrsrs
Total Posts: 759

just bought an OM1 with 50mm 1,8 for a few euro.
so far so good.
together with a:
SOLIGOR C/D7 MACRO TELE-CONVERTER 2X
first i thought hmm, what is that scale for?
it expands until Macro 1:1 ! funny thing!
first fast test, not so bad ...
r

freaklikeme
Total Posts: 5853

Phillip Reeve wrote:
I bought a Canon nFD 80-200/4 L (can I make the L red somehow? ) after I read a great review about it. Really looking forward to it.

Nice, Phillip. I love mine. It's the first push-pull I've used that I felt was worth using a push-pull.

W.T. Jones
Total Posts: 153

I just the threw caution to the wind & bought a FD 500 f/4.5L, to use on a Fuji X-E1. it is on it's way here.

Musicman
Total Posts: 179

freaklikeme wrote:
Phillip Reeve wrote:

Nice, Phillip. I love mine. It's the first push-pull I've used that I felt was worth using a push-pull.

It looks great on paper and seems to produce lovely images but my experience with Canon's other one touch zoom/focus lenses like the FD 70-210 have always put me off buying one. :-/

LightShow
Total Posts: 5148

Just paid for two lenses, Topcor RE 35/2.8 & RE 100/2.8, both in black to go with my black RE 28/2.8, RE 58/1.4, & R 135/3.5....
Really looking forward to using them on the A7r.

jcolwell
Total Posts: 21602

Vivitar-LU 75/3.5 LTM.

Lee Saxon
Total Posts: 1001

Bacalhau wrote:

The best part about this combo is that you only have to sell 2 or 3 of your cars to afford it!

LightShow

Lee Saxon wrote:
Bacalhau wrote:

The best part about this combo is that you only have to sell 2 or 3 of your cars to afford it!

Cars, kids, limbs......

Jman13
Total Posts: 10799

This was my latest alt lens purchase: The FL 55mm f/1.2. I bought the FD 35/2 the day before, though.

Gunzorro
Total Posts: 6773

I bought a Nikon 35/2.8 AI.

Regarding the Leica R 60 macro -- I use a cheap R > EOS mount from China. Works great, including infinity. Real tight and no rocking. About $15 shipped.

Peire
Total Posts: 1378

Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar 50/1.8 and Sonnar 135/3.5.

freaklikeme
Total Posts: 5853

Musicman wrote:
freaklikeme wrote:
Phillip Reeve wrote:

It looks great on paper and seems to produce lovely images but my experience with Canon's other one touch zoom/focus lenses like the FD 70-210 have always put me off buying one. :-/

One-touch sounds too nice, like it's just a simple little touch and, presto, you've gone from 80-200. Push/pull and twist are more accurate.

lenticular11

Gunzorro wrote:
I bought a Nikon 35/2.8 AI.

Regarding the Leica R 60 macro -- I use a cheap R > EOS mount from China. Works great, including infinity. Real tight and no rocking. About $15 shipped.

Would you mind sending me a PM please with details of the eBay supplier? My own cheap adapter has a little play.

gpgt1998
Total Posts: 327

Picked up a Nikon 135 2.8 AIS.
It came with a Fotodiox EOS adapter and a Nikon circular polarizer which was a bonus.

LightShow

Jman13 wrote:
This was my latest alt lens purchase: The FL 55mm f/1.2. I bought the FD 35/2 the day before, though.

Looks like a nice combo, if only it had a FF sensor....

1       2       3              147      
       149              201       202       end