What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?
/forum/topic/982966/144

1       2       3              144      
       146              199       200       end

naturephoto1
Total Posts: 1764

jcolwell wrote:
molson wrote:
I just received a like-new Nikkor 200mm f4 AIS... looking forward to testing it out today, on my last day of being unemployed.

Congrats on the lens, and the job.

+1

Rich

molson
Total Posts: 10865

naturephoto1 wrote:
jcolwell wrote:
molson wrote:
I just received a like-new Nikkor 200mm f4 AIS... looking forward to testing it out today, on my last day of being unemployed.

Congrats on the lens, and the job.

+1

Rich

Thanks, guys!

I have mixed feelings... I'm glad I won't have to sell any more of my gear to pay bills, but now I'll have a lot less free time to use the gear I have.

carstenw
Total Posts: 15960

So where do you work now, Labatt?

molson

carstenw wrote:
So where do you work now, Labatt?

If I was in that line of work, my choice would be Sleeman...

"molson" was the name of the dog we had when I joined FM, any years ago...

carstenw

Yeah, Molson is a much nicer name for a dog than Upper Canada Ale or some of the other brands. Guinness works though, and if the dog were brown, Newcastle Brown would work too

LightShow
Total Posts: 5140

SSC 300/5.6 not exactly the lens I want, but its cheap enough to play with.

The real reason for this post, M Cron 90 APO Asph

Peire
Total Posts: 1373

Mint SMC Pentax M 50/4 macro.Small,compact and only 4/4,but very sharp an very,very little to no CA/LoCA.

molson

Nikkor 24mm f2.8 AIS

jcolwell
Total Posts: 21546

Zeiss Makro-Planar 50/2 ZE.

I've included an example, handheld 100% crop at f/4, which is from the top right corner of the full-image example.

paroneri
Total Posts: 55

Nikkor 20mm f3.5
as a spare -- my other one has been well used on the 5D and I don't want to pay a steeper price when the prices rise as they get scarcer..

Very good coating (can take loads of sun) and sharp.

roboticspro
Total Posts: 1890

Spammer...I reported this to Fred...

Edd

mcbroomf
Total Posts: 2453

No one bought anything in the last week? Or perhaps just some orders placed

Some time ago I put together a franken-tilt-shift lens from a 40mm Bronica SQ lens with a Mamiya 645 adapter on my Mirex-EOS tilt shift adapter. The lens has noticeable CA but otherwise performed quite well. I should take some more photos with it or re-process old ones with the improved LR CA algorithm.

However I was originally looking for a 40mm Zena Bronica, the 645 ETR lens for that tilt-shift adoption. On my way from 35mm (film) to 4x5 and 8x10 I stopped briefly in MF territory and used the ETR, and I thought the 40mm was a superb WA optic. However I could not find (and still can't) a Bronica 645 to Mamiya adapter. I bought a copy of lens at the same time as the SQ though and it's been sitting on a shelf. While doing a search on ebay recently I came across an ETR-Nikon adapter and realized that I can now use the lens with my Nikon-Nex Kipon tilt-shift adapter

The ETR-Nikon adapter showed up a few days ago. It's another Frankie I'm afraid but performs very well. When I used it yesterday I had to manually shut down the aperture with the small silver lever protruding from the side. The SQ was the same but I permanently stopped it down with a tie wrap. This one will get the same treatment before using it again. I'll post a few images in the Nex thread

Mike

Krosavcheg
Total Posts: 2715

I am officially 1 month purchase-free!!! Yaaay!!

Jabberwockt
Total Posts: 557

inglis wrote:
Help?
A Contax 35mm 1.4 arrived with some grey splash like small marks on the lens coating of the rear element, which was not in the description. I was told that it was CLA's recently. Any thoughts on how serious this is. The seller suggests having someone attempt to remove the marks. Any suggestions on what I should do?

I would send it back, coating problems tend to get worse, not better.

carstenw

Krosavcheg wrote:
I am officially 1 month purchase-free!!! Yaaay!!

I am much more than 1 month purchase-free, but only in photography. I have not been as good with synths

stevo67
Total Posts: 2

Hi,i`ve just bought a sigma 300mm 2.8 prime in canon mount & just wondering which tc`s will yield the best results?

Thanks.

Steve.

carstenw

I believe that Sigma's own is the best one here, perhaps someone can confirm.

mogud
Total Posts: 834

I purchased my very first Zeiss lens recently. The Zeiss ZE 21/2.8. To say I'm blown away is an understatement. This will not be the last Zeiss lens I buy because I now have Zeiss fever bad! I can think of three more to buy without any convincing. The bank account is the only and biggest limiting factor.

freaklikeme
Total Posts: 5849

carstenw wrote:
I believe that Sigma's own is the best one here, perhaps someone can confirm.

If you want to retain all automatic functions, that's true. Canon TCs won't recognize Siggy lenses.

mcbroomf
Total Posts: 2453

mogud wrote:
I purchased my very first Zeiss lens recently. The Zeiss ZE 21/2.8. To say I'm blown away is an understatement. This will not be the last Zeiss lens I buy because I now have Zeiss fever bad! I can think of three more to buy without any convincing. The bank account is the only and biggest limiting factor.

Welcome to the club, you started with one of the best!

Mike

1       2       3              144      
       146              199       200       end