What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?
/forum/topic/982966/142

1       2       3              142      
       144              191       192       end

molson
Total Posts: 10755

carstenw wrote:
Congratulations! For what camera?

I am not sure I would have bought both the 100/2MP and 135/2AS without trying one first, but maybe you use teles more than I?

They're for my D800E.

I bought the 135 f2 first; the 100 f2 won't arrive until next week. I may sell one of them after I have a chance to do some comparisons.

mawz
Total Posts: 8089

Replaced the m.Zuiko 12-50 a couple of weeks ago with a Zuiko Digital 14-54 f2.8-3.5 II. Much happier with this one, it's significantly better optically all-round than the 12-50, with the sole exception of when the 12-50's in macro mode (where it's actually quite good).

That left me needing a macro solution, so I picked up an SMC Pentax-M 50/4, and just for kicks an Auto-Chinon 50mm f1.9 (with a CM-5 as a rear cap) so I can finally start working through the orphaned 35mm film in the fridge.

molson

molson wrote:
carstenw wrote:
Congratulations! For what camera?

I am not sure I would have bought both the 100/2MP and 135/2AS without trying one first, but maybe you use teles more than I?

They're for my D800E.

I bought the 135 f2 first; the 100 f2 won't arrive until next week. I may sell one of them after I have a chance to do some comparisons.

Well, I thought I was getting a 100 f2 ZF.2, but the store sent me the ZF version instead. It seems nice, but it wasn't what I wanted...

carstenw
Total Posts: 15814

No auto-aperture. I don't recall if there is even EXIF with the older ZF version.

molson

carstenw wrote:
No auto-aperture. I don't recall if there is even EXIF with the older ZF version.

No EXIF data, and I have to delete one of my existing lenses from the non-CPU list to add it... but aperture-priority exposure still works.

It is a nice lens, I just wish it was the newer version for the sake of convenience. Apparently one of the store's other customers got the ZF.2 for the price of this ZF, since the lens ended up in the wrong boxes.

carstenw
Total Posts: 15814

Sorry, I wrote no auto-aperture, but what I meant is no aperture on the index finger wheel.

Will the store be able to get the ZF.2 back?

molson

carstenw wrote:
Sorry, I wrote no auto-aperture, but what I meant is no aperture on the index finger wheel.

Will the store be able to get the ZF.2 back?

They didn't seem to care... at this point I'm just waiting to find out if they intend to refund my shipping costs or not.

jcolwell
Total Posts: 21082

SMC Pentax 28/2

I'll post photos in a week or two, after it arrives.

BrendanSeabroo
Total Posts: 27

Wasn't planning on buying it but.....

Someone posted a Zeiss 18/3.5 Canon mount on craigslist for WELL under 1/2 the retail price. I ignored it for a few hours, then I wanted to know how it was a scam.

I got the guys details. He checks out. Film student who is leaving the country in a matter of days.
I get the lens details. No visible defects from photos. Serial number doesn't show up from a google search (checking for stolen).

Convince the guy to meet somewhere I'm comfortable and familiar with, because at this point I still think I'm going to get mugged.

Guy shows. Lens tests perfectly. Everything looks legit.

So now I have a ZE 18/3.5 for almost the same what I paid for a used ZE 50/1.4 and I have no idea why. I kinda feel bad about it.

naturephoto1
Total Posts: 1680

My most recent Alt lens purchase was a Minolta CLE MC Rokkor-M 40mm f2 lens. This is the latest version of the Leica C 40mm f2 Summicron lenses; it is an M-mount lens and tiny.

So far the lens appears to be quite sharp, but I need to run more tests. I will try to post a photo. I purchased the lens for the upcoming and soon to be released Sony NEX FF camera. Hopefully this and the Leica wide angle M lenses will play nicely with the FF NEX. In the meantime it is residing on my Fujifilm X-E1.

Rich

W.T. Jones
Total Posts: 151

I recently bought a Canon FD 200mm f/4 macro to use with my X-series cameras.

Peire
Total Posts: 1342

W.T. Jones wrote:

Very good lens.It could have had a little less CA in contrasty lighting at f4,but there are no ideal lenses

With the NEX5N last spring

Listera
Total Posts: 62

OM 100/2.8 for my EM-5. Wide open from last night.

freaklikeme
Total Posts: 5794

I won an eBay auction for a Canon FD 500/4.5L. No case or front cap, so it went for a grand. If it gets here quickly enough, I'll be up in RMNP shooting elk with it this Thursday.

naturephoto1
Total Posts: 1680

freaklikeme wrote:
I won an eBay auction for a Canon FD 500/4.5L. No case or front cap, so it went for a grand. If it gets here quickly enough, I'll be up in RMNP shooting elk with it this Thursday.

That sounds great. I hear that Estes Park and the surrounding and much of the Park took a real hit due to rain. How bad is the damage?

Rich

freaklikeme
Total Posts: 5794

naturephoto1 wrote:
freaklikeme wrote:

That sounds great. I hear that Estes Park and the surrounding and much of the Park took a real hit due to rain. How bad is the damage?

Rich

Estes is apparently okay. They were advertising their big Elk Festival this past weekend. Getting there is more challenging than it used to be, but it's accessible. The park still has some closures on the east side, but Highway 34 is open unless the weather changes. Fingers crossed, it'll be smooth sailing.

buggz2k
Total Posts: 1684

I got a great deal on one from an FM'r here a while back, I love mine!
I've been thinking of getting the Ed Mika conversion for EOS...

Here's one from FujiFilm X-E1 and Canon FD 500/4.5 L
A HUGE crop, the hummer is no bigger than my thumb.
Low light, after the rains, ISO 1600, yeah noisy, shrug.
Low shutter speed too, 100.
Hard to focus, anywho, enough complaining...

freaklikeme wrote:

buggz2k
Total Posts: 1684

The trunk is nice, but, I find this is a VERY light lens compared to other teles.
Did you get the drop in filter?
If not, you need to cover the opening.
I need to clean mine.
As for lens covers, mine had the back cap, but the front was a cover from a tub of onion dip!
Brilliant! Works perfect!
I will have to take a photo...

freaklikeme wrote:

W.T. Jones
Total Posts: 151

Peire wrote:
W.T. Jones wrote:

Very good lens.It could have had a little less CA in contrasty lighting at f4,but there are no ideal lenses

A couple of nice shots there Peire. I need to get out this fall & see about shooting some mushrooms with the FD 200

A little CA or any other small aberration does not seem to bother me much. If a picture is good those little things seem to slip by unnoticed to most people

LightShow
Total Posts: 5067

buggz2k wrote:
As for lens covers, mine had the back cap, but the front was a cover from a tub of onion dip!
Brilliant! Works perfect!
I will have to take a photo...

Waiting.....

1       2       3              142      
       144              191       192       end