What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?
/forum/topic/982966/141

1       2       3              141      
       143              266       267       end

molson
Total Posts: 13044

I just received a like-new Nikkor 200mm f4 AIS... looking forward to testing it out today, on my last day of being unemployed.

jcolwell
Total Posts: 28204

molson wrote:
I just received a like-new Nikkor 200mm f4 AIS... looking forward to testing it out today, on my last day of being unemployed.

Congrats on the lens, and the job.

naturephoto1
Total Posts: 3736

jcolwell wrote:
molson wrote:

+1

Rich

molson

naturephoto1 wrote:
jcolwell wrote:
molson wrote:

+1

Rich

Thanks, guys!

I have mixed feelings... I'm glad I won't have to sell any more of my gear to pay bills, but now I'll have a lot less free time to use the gear I have.

carstenw
Total Posts: 16163

So where do you work now, Labatt?

molson

carstenw wrote:
So where do you work now, Labatt?

If I was in that line of work, my choice would be Sleeman...

"molson" was the name of the dog we had when I joined FM, any years ago...

carstenw

Yeah, Molson is a much nicer name for a dog than Upper Canada Ale or some of the other brands. Guinness works though, and if the dog were brown, Newcastle Brown would work too

LightShow
Total Posts: 5885

SSC 300/5.6 not exactly the lens I want, but its cheap enough to play with.

The real reason for this post, M Cron 90 APO Asph

Peire
Total Posts: 2326

Mint SMC Pentax M 50/4 macro.Small,compact and only 4/4,but very sharp an very,very little to no CA/LoCA.

molson

Nikkor 24mm f2.8 AIS

jcolwell
Total Posts: 28204

Zeiss Makro-Planar 50/2 ZE.

I've included an example, handheld 100% crop at f/4, which is from the top right corner of the full-image example.

paroneri
Total Posts: 55

Nikkor 20mm f3.5
as a spare -- my other one has been well used on the 5D and I don't want to pay a steeper price when the prices rise as they get scarcer..

Very good coating (can take loads of sun) and sharp.

roboticspro
Total Posts: 1947

Spammer...I reported this to Fred...

Edd

mcbroomf
Total Posts: 3572

No one bought anything in the last week? Or perhaps just some orders placed

Some time ago I put together a franken-tilt-shift lens from a 40mm Bronica SQ lens with a Mamiya 645 adapter on my Mirex-EOS tilt shift adapter. The lens has noticeable CA but otherwise performed quite well. I should take some more photos with it or re-process old ones with the improved LR CA algorithm.

However I was originally looking for a 40mm Zena Bronica, the 645 ETR lens for that tilt-shift adoption. On my way from 35mm (film) to 4x5 and 8x10 I stopped briefly in MF territory and used the ETR, and I thought the 40mm was a superb WA optic. However I could not find (and still can't) a Bronica 645 to Mamiya adapter. I bought a copy of lens at the same time as the SQ though and it's been sitting on a shelf. While doing a search on ebay recently I came across an ETR-Nikon adapter and realized that I can now use the lens with my Nikon-Nex Kipon tilt-shift adapter

The ETR-Nikon adapter showed up a few days ago. It's another Frankie I'm afraid but performs very well. When I used it yesterday I had to manually shut down the aperture with the small silver lever protruding from the side. The SQ was the same but I permanently stopped it down with a tie wrap. This one will get the same treatment before using it again. I'll post a few images in the Nex thread

Mike

Krosavcheg
Total Posts: 2779

I am officially 1 month purchase-free!!! Yaaay!!

Jabberwockt
Total Posts: 557

inglis wrote:
Help?
A Contax 35mm 1.4 arrived with some grey splash like small marks on the lens coating of the rear element, which was not in the description. I was told that it was CLA's recently. Any thoughts on how serious this is. The seller suggests having someone attempt to remove the marks. Any suggestions on what I should do?

I would send it back, coating problems tend to get worse, not better.

carstenw

Krosavcheg wrote:
I am officially 1 month purchase-free!!! Yaaay!!

I am much more than 1 month purchase-free, but only in photography. I have not been as good with synths

stevo67
Total Posts: 3

Hi,i`ve just bought a sigma 300mm 2.8 prime in canon mount & just wondering which tc`s will yield the best results?

Thanks.

Steve.

carstenw

I believe that Sigma's own is the best one here, perhaps someone can confirm.

mogud
Total Posts: 1814

I purchased my very first Zeiss lens recently. The Zeiss ZE 21/2.8. To say I'm blown away is an understatement. This will not be the last Zeiss lens I buy because I now have Zeiss fever bad! I can think of three more to buy without any convincing. The bank account is the only and biggest limiting factor.

1       2       3              141      
       143              266       267       end