What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?
/forum/topic/982966/132

1       2       3              132      
       134              169       170       end

JohnJ
Total Posts: 1965

lenticular11 wrote:
...But what about the photo on p337?

OMG. I'd never noticed, (Sly).

I always liked the Ernst Haas images in it. I just recently (a few months ago) saw some of his original images at the National Gallery, in your back yard.

lenticular11
Total Posts: 635

Must visit that gallery...for the second time, thanks!

JohnJ
Total Posts: 1965

lenticular11 wrote:
Must visit that gallery...for the second time, thanks!

The particular exhibition I mentioned (http://nga.gov.au/Photospace/ ) has ended. Not sure what's there of photographic interest right now but they had a few interesting images in the Australian Art section (IIRC) from Dr Julian Smith and J.B. Eaton dating to the 30-40's or so.

Some times the Portrait Gallery (next door) is better, with more photographic work on display.

lenticular11

Ah right, I thought you had been referring to the Portrait Gallery.

I did see some interesting street photos in the National Gallery when visiting the recent Lautrec ex., but don't recall the photographers as I confess I'm not much of an art/photography follower, more a self-dabbler photographically speaking of course! (Edit: It must have been that 70 years of American street life, that you kindly linked above.)

Anyway, I diverted the thread, so back on topic. Today I received a Gumtree-purchased Canon LTM 50/1.4 in superb condition, at a great price and from the same supplier where I recently bought a Hawks adapter.

For CONUS friends I guess Gumtree is our Craigslist equivalent. It's prone to scammers, so I also recently baited a lowlife who purported to be from Western Australia, selling an M9 at an unbelievably low price.

Kit Laughlin
Total Posts: 3436

What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Oly 50/3.5 macro, Minolta Rokkor 50/1.4, and CV 35/2.5 color skopar, all for NEX 6

Peire
Total Posts: 1163

Sigma 19/.2.8 E mount and Konica Hexanon AR 35/2.8 AE (6 lenser).

campyone
Total Posts: 451

I don't buy gear very often. My camera is a 1Ds III bought years ago, most of my lenses were bought about 7 years ago when I switched from Nikon to Canon. But I did buy a 100mm f/2 Zeiss Makro about three years ago.

CVickery
Total Posts: 2516

Crazy busy at work, so naturally I've ended up buying as a recreational activity

CV15/4.5 LTM, FD 50/1.4 SSC, and Rokkor 24/2.8

freaklikeme
Total Posts: 5238

There's a DsII on the boards right now for $975. Rationally, I know that I know that it was a great camera for its time but that technology has made leaps and bounds over what it is and it's just a sense of nostalgia for what a great time I had shooting the camera when I had it that makes me at all interested. It's not like I could easily use many lenses on it. I have the Elmarit R 35/2.8 that's still in R mount, so it would be easily adaptable. At least it's a lens that I genuinely love at a focal length I find easy to use for most of my shooting. It could be like the bulkiest, least convenient 135 format fixed lens solution ever.

Hi, my name is Brad and I'm a gearaholic. I'm posting my irrational train of thought here to keep me from following it to its illogical conclusion. Thank you for your time.

buggz2k
Total Posts: 1558

Hi,
What will you be using this with?
I have been interested in this for my FujiFilm X-E1.
Sorry, I haven't been able to keep up for quite a while now, my job has been a TOTAL drag!
Sigh...

lenticular11 wrote:
My most recent - this evening's transaction: Canon 50mm F 1.4 LTM (Japanese Summilux)

LightShow
Total Posts: 4795

nice haul there SoulNibbler.

lenticular11 wrote:
My most recent - this evening's transaction: Canon 50mm F 1.4 LTM (Japanese Summilux)

Nice, I've been debating between this lens and the older 50/1.5,
I'm looking forward to some pics.

sebboh
Total Posts: 9676

LightShow wrote:

lenticular11 wrote:

the 1.5 is cooler looking and a lot heavier. no idea how it performs, more sonarific i imagine.

lenticular11

Hi buggz, to answer your question:

Primarily with my Leica M8 but also occasionally on my Nex5N

Weather here today not really conducive to much (winter showers here), but from a couple of shots I think I might like my budget Jupiter-8 a bit more, but early days yet!

LightShow

sebboh wrote:
LightShow wrote:

lenticular11 wrote:

the 1.5 is cooler looking and a lot heavier. no idea how it performs, more sonarific i imagine.

Yeah it's heavy, just like my 50/1.8, they are very solid, lots of brass and glass in them, I hear it's one of the sharper Sonar 50/1.5's based on Zeiss's design that was liberated after the war ended.
I do have a Helios 103 which is also a Sonar design and it's very sharp, so if its that sharp I'd be very happy.
I haven't seen many pics from the 50/1.4 which is why I'd like to see more pics with it.

Chetan Kulkarn
Total Posts: 118

Just picked up a Zeiss 50 MP ZE off gumtree. I just hope I am good enough for it

LightShow

Just bought: Minolta Chiyoda Kogaku Super Rokkor 5cm 50mm f/2 LTM

sebboh
Total Posts: 9676

LightShow wrote:
Just bought: Minolta Chiyoda Kogaku Super Rokkor 5cm 50mm f/2 LTM

sweet! i've always been curious about those.

LightShow

Me too, the build quality of the older LTM lenses are amazing, the seller also has a 50/2.8

CVickery
Total Posts: 2516

A C/Y Metabones Speedbooster for Fuji X just arrived

baimei
Total Posts: 18

Just got the new Sony Zeiss 50mm f1.4 Planar for the A99.

1       2       3              132      
       134              169       170       end