What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?
/forum/topic/982966/123

1       2       3              123      
       125              205       206       end

perost
Total Posts: 51

I got an aus Jena 135/3.5 lens last week, manufactured some time between 1967 and 1970. The focus ring was very stiff and grinding, so I took it apart and greased it. It was very educational, and amazingly it now works fine (I posted some shots with it yesterday in the NEX thread).

Here's a shot of it mostly disassembled. Sensitive photographers beware

NEX-7 with Sigma 30/2.8

Kingfishphoto
Total Posts: 6891

carstenw wrote:
Nice catch! So, are you setting up a darkroom?

Hi Carsten.
I believe ill donate it, unless some one wants to purchase it or the lenses. In Tucson, AZ , at the University of Arizona- is the Center For Creative Photography. This was started by their president, whom my brother knows. Iam moving back to Arizona as a result of recently loosing my wife of 57 years. My brother has been on the faculty staff at UofA for 46 years. He and the ex-pres are friends and this might be a worthy addition to the center. Di you ever remove all the elements from that vivitar 2x converter ? I just did a Nikon mount one, and it seemed a bit different that the Canon one. Still it worked ok and works well on my Nikon lenses. No more dark room for me
Take care
Harry Palmer

jctriguy
Total Posts: 1229

Just picked up a Mamiya 645 500mm 5.6 lens from the original owner (over 25yrs old!). Haven't had a chance to use it yet but looks in near new condition. Came with original Mamiya UV filter, metal cap and leather hard case.

(sorry for the bad quality lighting...didn't have a chance to get a good shot)

zlgragg
Total Posts: 430

Minolta Rokkor 45mm f/2
cheap, small, sharp
surprisingly good

(I bought it on FM for $35 shipped.)

contas
Total Posts: 1048

@Perost: from my bitter experiences while disassembling a lens must on a big towel, or in a big biscuit can, if don't want to spent 20 mins looking for a ball, a spring or a screw with your buttock up.

carstenw
Total Posts: 16067

Kingfishphoto wrote:
I believe ill donate it, unless some one wants to purchase it or the lenses. In Tucson, AZ , at the University of Arizona- is the Center For Creative Photography. This was started by their president, whom my brother knows. Iam moving back to Arizona as a result of recently loosing my wife of 57 years. My brother has been on the faculty staff at UofA for 46 years. He and the ex-pres are friends and this might be a worthy addition to the center.

Sounds like a good plan to move back. Must be quite disorienting to be alone again after so long. I hope it goes well.

I hope that they can use the equipment. From what I hear, more schools are shutting down darkrooms than opening them.

Di you ever remove all the elements from that vivitar 2x converter ? I just did a Nikon mount one, and it seemed a bit different that the Canon one. Still it worked ok and works well on my Nikon lenses.

Yes I did! I have a post about it here:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/982966/100#11167550

LightShow
Total Posts: 5200

contas wrote:
@Perost: from my bitter experiences while disassembling a lens must on a big towel, or in a big biscuit can, if don't want to spent 20 mins looking for a ball, a spring or a screw with your buttock up.

I work on my lenses on a microfiber cloth that I won't use on glass anymore, it keeps the little things from bouncing if they fall off the lens, and protects the elements if that happens to them too.
To store the parts and have an idea what order they were removed, I use a bunch of jello pudding containers and nest them, I remove some screws and place them in a container, and then nest the next one which seals the first, it's the best solution I can think of to manage tiny parts that can disappear faster than you can blink an eye.

carstenw

Well, I broke down and ordered a NIB Mamiya RZ67 90mm f/3.5 directly from the horse's mouth, Japan. A little more expensive, but surprisingly not excessively so.

SoulNibbler
Total Posts: 260

jctriguy wrote:
Just picked up a Mamiya 645 500mm 5.6 lens from the original owner (over 25yrs old!). Haven't had a chance to use it yet but looks in near new condition. Came with original Mamiya UV filter, metal cap and leather hard case.

(sorry for the bad quality lighting...didn't have a chance to get a good shot)

I'm hoping you tell me that the lens is lack/luster on 35mm sensors. There is one in my area that keeps taunting me.

jctriguy
Total Posts: 1229

SoulNibbler wrote:
I'm hoping you tell me that the lens is lack/luster on 35mm sensors. There is one in my area that keeps taunting me.

Well...it has some wicked CA on almost all the shots I've tried so far. It is huge and heavy and has a fairly stiff focus ring.

But...the CA comes out nicely in lightroom, the weight is fine on a tripod and video/gimbal head and if you don't use it for fast changing subjects the focus speed is fine. For $350 I think it was a great buy!!

A few from today. No wildlife around so I shot some super-tele landscapes

IMG_1704.jpg by J Cunningham, on Flickr

contas
Total Posts: 1048

My first Mamiya lens is home, strangely it's huge and heavy !!!But sure it's high quality lens .See M50mm f/4.5 ULD outsizes my Sigma SD1.

carstenw

These lenses almost cover 7x7cm, so it isn't too surprising that they are so large.

kahren
Total Posts: 1217

FDn 17/4 and 35/2, to be used with speedbooster on nex

Brody LeBlanc
Total Posts: 1041

Not my photo, but I just ordered the wotancraft paratrooper! I was torn between the Hadley small and this, but ultimately the paratrooper is more my style.

sebboh
Total Posts: 10764

not new, but i finally found a body for my contax g 45mm that i'm completely happy with:

now to get back to the g28 conversion...

Kingfishphoto
Total Posts: 6891

This weeks flea market find , a Rokkor-X PF 50MM F1.7 lens, with a SRT 102 rear lens cap .
Harry Palmer

LightShow

Looks nice, I hope to be happy soon too.

Thatspeck
Total Posts: 743

Found a nice condition "Pantie Kilar". How can you go wrong for a $1/mm
http://www.pentaconsix.com/ptk.htm

Wide open at 6'

LightShow

Looks nice, never heard of it before.

I seen this(below) and thought it may be of interest to GAS addicts.
http://www.1001noisycameras.com/2013/04/attention-shoppers-national-internet-sales-tax-for-the-us-debated-in-senate-right-now.html

buggz2k
Total Posts: 1728

Criminal bastardz, each, and EVERY one of them!

LightShow wrote:
I seen this(below) and thought it may be of interest to GAS addicts.
http://www.1001noisycameras.com/2013/04/attention-shoppers-national-internet-sales-tax-for-the-us-debated-in-senate-right-now.html

1       2       3              123      
       125              205       206       end