NEX Images Thread
/forum/topic/969329/696

1       2       3              696      
       698       end

neitmrh15
Total Posts: 13

Don't have this any more, but she was a beauty.

NEX-3N w/ Canon FD 28mm lens by hobbesmrh, on Flickr

taran
Total Posts: 358

@sholt and kalainen, both you all are making a great series, I hope you consolidate what you are posting here in book form or something at the end of the summer, it is something you should both be proud of.

Shows real sticktoitivness.

sholt
Total Posts: 58

taran wrote:
@sholt and kalainen, both you all are making a great series, I hope you consolidate what you are posting here in book form or something at the end of the summer, it is something you should both be proud of.

Shows real sticktoitivness.

Taran-
Thanks for the encouragement. I appreciate the compliment all the more coming from someone whose work I admire! I do plan to do a printed album when I feel like I've got enough material.

Nex Barker
Total Posts: 70

Flower

Kalainen
Total Posts: 113

taran wrote:

Thanks for the kind words, Taran! As I'm sure you already know, these pictures are part of my one year expedition 'Year of the Alpha - 52 Weeks of Sony Alpha Photography'. I still have half a year left, but when I'm done, I'm sure I will print myself a book about my adventure. So far, my project has been great, but also quite exhausting once in a while..

Loving your stuff as well.. :-)

-Toni

Kalainen

Season of Summer Light
Week 29, Wednesday - Head in the clouds
"If creativity is thinking 'outside-of-the-box', it needs the limits that define the box in the first place. For me enclosed playgrounds with limited amount equipment and Aura's interest for them define the box in which I have to act to make pictures of her playing. During the two years I've been taking so many pictures in playgrounds that the normal ones, like Aura filling bucket with the sand shovel, doesn't cut anymore. After hundreds of pictures playgrounds have become so familiar that it becomes pretty challenging to photograph something that hasn't been taken before. But truth to be told, I find this a very absorbing challenge, because I can sit down in peace, watch her play and think about new ways to approach the all so familiar situation. [...]"

Read full post at my blog: http://www.yearofthealpha.com

-Toni

wizardofoz
Total Posts: 9

Kalainen wrote:Season of Summer Light
Week 27, Wednesday - Rainy days
"It's been cold and rainy weather for couple of days and not like typical summer weather. In Finland this means temperatures from 10 to 15 Celsius (50-60 on a Fahrenheit scale) and couple of millimeters of water on an average rainy day. It's too cold and wet to go outside, so we need to stay in and find something else to do. So because of weather we went to local market square and got some peas to Aura. [...]"

-Toni

Toni - I really like the lighting and colors on this image. Nicely done

Peire
Total Posts: 1280

I started longing my sneaky,trusted NEXes and eventually took them out for a walk.

NEX5N+Rokkor 135/2.8

hijazist
Total Posts: 1935

Picked up an $75 NEX3 body to use it with my Rokkor 58 1.2, I am really impressed with this little thing

All are at high ISO (1600) and f/2

CoDaQue
Total Posts: 96

Couple weeks ago was in Provence with NEX-5N+CV15 and Canon 6D+zooms and GF (girlfriend, not a Lumix )!

Here is the standard lavender shot at Abbaye de Senanque:

Full set with the little Sony, here.

Thanks for looking!

Kalainen

wizardofoz wrote:
Kalainen wrote:Season of Summer Light
Week 27, Wednesday - Rainy days
"It's been cold and rainy weather for couple of days and not like typical summer weather. In Finland this means temperatures from 10 to 15 Celsius (50-60 on a Fahrenheit scale) and couple of millimeters of water on an average rainy day. It's too cold and wet to go outside, so we need to stay in and find something else to do. So because of weather we went to local market square and got some peas to Aura. [...]"

-Toni

Toni - I really like the lighting and colors on this image. Nicely done

Thanks for the kind words! It's a rainy day light from the window and nohting else. :-)

-Toni

Kalainen

Season of Summer Light
Week 29, Saturday - The Marketplace
"As I promised couple of days ago (see here), today I'll take you to the Finnish marketplace. The reason for this expedition is simple, you really haven't seen Finnish summer if you haven't visited the marketplace. To understand the importance of this subject, you first need to know something about the Finnish society. Today Finland is a typical information society, with all the technological schemes like broadband connections, databases, social media, mobile phones, tablets etc. But it has not always been like that. [...]"

-Toni

Kruschtel
Total Posts: 35

@Hijazist: Great colors, impressive what you get out of this older camera!

hijazist
Total Posts: 1935

Kruschtel wrote:
@Hijazist: Great colors, impressive what you get out of this older camera!

Thanks The camera really exceeded my expectations...

sholt
Total Posts: 58

Marine City in the evening. A city from the future.
Sigma 19 and 30.

Marinecity-002 by holtscot, on Flickr

Marinecity-003 by holtscot, on Flickr

Marinecity-001 by holtscot, on Flickr

zhangyue
Total Posts: 2641

55FE with NEX7

Bryce Canyon

Kalainen

Great stuff with a city from future and Bryce Canyon!!

Kalainen

Season of Summer Light
Week 30, Wednesday - Hot, hot, hot
"It doesn't get much better than this. We've been having days with +30 degrees of Celsius (85 degrees at Fahrenheit scale) and even at nights the temperature doesn't fall below +20 degrees (70 degrees at Fahrenheit scale). This is definitely the peak of Finnish summer, when it comes to temperature. The reverse side of this is that it's too hot to do anything meaningful. Even sitting inside a house leads to sweating. To refresh ourselves we have, like many others, gone swimming whenever possible. The transparent lakes offer us a bit of cold water which will drive the heat away - until you rise from the water. [...]"

-Toni

Mikeality
Total Posts: 81

Karratha Gas Plant, Western Australia.

NEX-5N + Zeiss Biogon 21mm f2.8

Karratha Gas Plant by MiWi Foto

Kalainen

Season of Summer Light
Week 30, Wednesday - Summer Flowers
"For Aura this summer has really been about flowers. Everywhere we go, she wants to see the flowers and pick them. We have even had to prohibit her flower picking in public parks and yards of other people. While it looks like a pretty random activity in general there is one aspect I especially like about it: the untrained mind. There are no particular flowers that would be favored and there are no weeds. Every flower she finds represents something to her in a natural way that escapes the categorizing mind of an adult. To me, this looks like [...]"

-Toni

Ps. My original plan for 'Season of Summer Light' was to end it after week 30 and then move to next season. This won't happen right now, because the next season is not quite ready yet and I'm waiting something to arrive. Therefore I'll have to continue 'Season of Summer Light' with a week or two (still a bit uncertain how long it will take to reach the next step). Good thing about delay is that while the next season is going to be good, I can still push couple summer images into this season which I love very much.

1       2       3              696      
       698       end