NEX Images Thread
/forum/topic/969329/689

1       2       3              689      
       691              703       704       end

photoomaha
Total Posts: 363

I recently was able to pick up the a6000. So far, I have been very happy with it. It is an adjustment with how it handles exposure. Definitely different than the 'Nex' bodies. I do believe it is something that can be over come. I really feel this is the best Nex style body yet. It does feel very good in the hand, and I actually like the dial placement and how the hand grip feels. This was with the 16-50. I don't usually shoot with a zoom, but I wanted to get a feel for the camera with the standard lens.

Dove on a Shed

Kalainen
Total Posts: 167

Season of Tilt
Week 20, Wednesday - The Violence
"In one summer night when I was alone at the streets bunch of them found me and tried to beat me. I escaped from their first attack and run as fast as I could, but there were too many of them and they succeeded exhausting me. I had run through couple of streets and town square when they finally drag me down like a prey at one street corner and gasping my breath I wasn't much of resistance. [...]"

Read full post at my blog: http://www.yearofthealpha.com

JimParsons
Total Posts: 217

A few processed in B&W, which is a relatively new thing for me.

dxcb
Total Posts: 59

ceder
Total Posts: 280

My IR converted NEX-5N, 720nm:

Reed by c e d e r, on Flickr

Harold Carlson
Total Posts: 436

photoomaha wrote:
This was with the 16-50. I don't usually shoot with a zoom, but I wanted to get a feel for the camera with the standard lens.

Dove on a Shed

That's quite impressive. Was this a pretty big crop or were you pretty close?

Kalainen

Season of Tilt
Week 20, Saturday - Constructions of the mind
"With these last photographs I've explored my life within a framework one could call 'wretchedness of life'. Using nature as a symbol of Hobbesian idea of the war of all against all (bellum omnium contra omnes), I wanted to create a discourse that self-purposely portraits my personal memories and feelings in a somewhat nihilistic light that has little faith for humanity. I wanted to create this discourse of mans subordination to nature just that I could tear it down at the end. Because the thing is that the truth about the world and life is what people believe it is and [...]"

Next week Wednesday I will start a new season with new photography. I can't say much about it yet, other than it will have a different mood altogether. Stay tuned..

-Toni

Peire
Total Posts: 1348

Toni,you do a great job and probably a scientific research over us,or maybe an internal journey of your own.Good luck,anyway!

Kalainen

Peire wrote:
Toni,you do a great job and probably a scientific research over us,or maybe an internal journey of your own.Good luck,anyway!

Thanks for the kind words Peire. I really appreciate it, since its been pretty quiet at the forums where I post my pics regulary. As for now, I've gathered my research material and I'm doing something different for the next season.

-Toni

Nex Barker
Total Posts: 80

Lower Bavaria

photoomaha
Total Posts: 363

Harold, sorry for the late reply. This was just a very slight crop. The bird was very content to let me get that close.

aeonsim
Total Posts: 133

From a short trip to the USA for a conference at Cold Spring Harbour, New York.
Nex-5 + kit lens or Canon FD 50mm F1.8

Waltz of the Polypeptides: Mara G. Haseltine by Falcdragon, on Flickr

DSC00882-NEX-5------ by Falcdragon, on Flickr

DSC00836-NEX-5------ by Falcdragon, on Flickr

DSC00837-NEX-5------ by Falcdragon, on Flickr

john_edwards
Total Posts: 1901

Waltz of the Polypeptides. Love the phrase; your naming or the sculptor's? In either case they look neat as do the shots.
John

aeonsim
Total Posts: 133

The artists more details about the work can be found here: http://www.cshl.edu/Archive/waltz-of-the-polypeptides-joins-cshls-art-of-science-collection

The work is set on the site of Cold Spring Harbour Laboratory, a prestigious biological sciences research institute based in New York state.

rioni
Total Posts: 565

taran
Total Posts: 387

Recent production.

F3 IR. Nikon 35mm AiP F2.8
nyc 5.19.145137 by artistwithlight, on Flickr

nyc 5.19.145142 by artistwithlight, on Flickr

A6000, kit lens.
nyc 5e by artistwithlight, on Flickr

Kalainen

Season of Summer Light
Week 21, Wednesday - Introducing the third season
"Today I'm starting my third season at Year of the Alpha. Like earlier seasons this one also carries a special theme in which I will concentrate for next ten weeks. While my earlier seasons have dealt with blackness and personal memories, in this one I will concentrate on summer photography and my beautiful two year old daughter Aura. The reasons are simple. First of all, it's summer in Finland and because we live so top at the northern hemisphere it's only couple of months when we have plentifully of warmth and light. Therefore every summer is [...]"

-Toni

KjetilHav
Total Posts: 60

Gearing down is such a relief. I don't hunt this or that lens for my NEX anymore, but stick to those I've already got, carriying less gear. I'm happy with the tiny Sigma 30mm. It took some time before I got used to it, but at least outdoor in good light conditions it does a good job.

rioni
Total Posts: 565

+1 on sigma 30. It's the only reason I still own the NEX

thashef29
Total Posts: 25

Taken with 5N and 16mm

1       2       3              689      
       691              703       704       end