NEX Images Thread
/forum/topic/969329/687

1       2       3              687      
       689              699       700       end

JimParsons
Total Posts: 217

As usual, you guys are posting up some stunning shots. Some Easter tulips for you to enjoy.

Kalainen
Total Posts: 128

Season of Tilt
Week 18, Wednesday - Favour for a friend
"It's funny how subliminal ways advertising can affect one's photographic eye. Neither I or my friend wanted the result to look like some product photography to sell motorbike accessories, but so it does (and partly because my friend wanted to keep his helmet on knowing I would share this picture here). Hah! While this is not exactly a my kind of photography, I think it's still a decent and shows a bit Lensbaby's potential for product photography. [...]"

Read full post at my blog: http://www.yearofthealpha.com

-Toni

bert85
Total Posts: 26

A6000 with Sel16:

bert85

A6000 with Sel16 + vcl-ecu1

Kingfishphoto
Total Posts: 6819

Phoenix zoo yesterday with the 18-200 and 50 F1.8.
Harry Palmer

Kalainen

Season of Tilt
Week 18, Saturday - Bellum omnium contra omnes
"I'm a prisoner locked inside my physical body which exudes blood, spit and sperm. As much as I try to convince myself each day that I'm good person, deep down I know I'm still an animal with self-interest instincts to survive and breed. This is the essence life, locked in a tight cage of social order and coated by a deceitful surface which we call humanism. If the social order that locks me into my current role would collapse, I could easily [...]"

Kruschtel
Total Posts: 43

Hi Bert, impressive pictures with the a6k. Did you use HDR or how could you render the Brandenburger Tor this way?

bert85

Hi Kruschtel. I took the picture in raw and pushed the shadows in LR. The effect is similar to a HDR.

JimParsons

Got bored. Played in Photoshop. Ended up with this. I don't do monochrome.

Kalainen

Season of Tilt
Week 19, Wednesday - Categories
"Knowledge is power and man rules the life by naming it and categorizing it. This principle is best manifested in biology where everything is observed, named and categorized to a system of thought where everything is expected to have its own place. This sort of naming power does not work only with nature but all life in general. It reminds me a school system which cultivates life by classifying children with numbers from the Gaussian curve. A really form of institutional violence towards life's diversity where unspoken inner life's of the children are replaced with national consciousness. Within this system I was always [...]"

-Toni

Kingfishphoto

Iam looking at a NEX-6 as a second body to go with my NEX-7. There $524.00 on Amazon today with the 16/50 ( i already have one ). This seems like a better purchase than the A6000 ? , any thoughts by others?
Harry Palmer

JimParsons

Kingfishphoto wrote:
Iam looking at a NEX-6 as a second body to go with my NEX-7. There $524.00 on Amazon today with the 16/50 ( i already have one ). This seems like a better purchase than the A6000 ? , any thoughts by others?
Harry Palmer

Depends on what/how you shoot Harry. IMO, if you like action stuff the A6000 is a much better camera than the NEX-6. If you are a more deliberate shooter the NEX-6 at discount prices is the way to go.

JimParsons

A little bit of crop action here on these tulip innards.

Nex Barker
Total Posts: 72

Peacock

Kingfishphoto

JimParsons wrote:
Kingfishphoto wrote:
Harry Palmer

Depends on what/how you shoot Harry. IMO, if you like action stuff the A6000 is a much better camera than the NEX-6. If you are a more deliberate shooter the NEX-6 at discount prices is the way to go.

Hi Jim.
Iam more for stills, liking to use the FD lenes. Iam thinking if i then sell the kit lens, since i already have one, i be in at only $400 + dollars.
Harry Palmer

JimParsons

Kingfishphoto wrote:
JimParsons wrote:
Kingfishphoto wrote:
Harry Palmer

Hi Jim.
Iam more for stills, liking to use the FD lenes. Iam thinking if i then sell the kit lens, since i already have one, i be in at only $400 + dollars.
Harry Palmer

Sounds like a plan.

mountain_drew
Total Posts: 104

I think the 18-105 is an underrated lens.

DSC09404.jpg by mocha_java, on Flickr

DSC09425.jpg by mocha_java, on Flickr

Kalainen

Season of Tilt
Week 18, Saturday - Suffering
"Using Lensbaby optics has definitely been a very interesting adventure. Being manual focus, having an option to tilt the lens and having several optics with different distinctive characteristics has surely been a trail off the beaten path. What I like to say is that Lensbaby consciously offers something different from 'industry standard' of photography today: readymade program modes, autofocus, sharp lenses, intelligent metering, digital sensor and other 'taken for granted things' which makes it possible to take better and better pictures. In short, it's a bit of a different philosophy and [...]"

Jim Schemel
Total Posts: 4809

Nice job to all.I thought i would post a few from today as well.

Tulips - Rokkor 50 @ 1.4 More Tulips by jmschemel, on Flickr

Fence - Rokkor 50 @ f16 Fence by jmschemel, on Flickr

Horse in field - Takumar 200 w/1.4x Horse in field by jmschemel, on Flickr

joekraft
Total Posts: 3105

@jim - i really like the horse photo, very strong image!

1       2       3              687      
       689              699       700       end