NEX Images Thread
/forum/topic/969329/673

1       2       3              673      
       675              704       705       end

Kalainen
Total Posts: 180

Day 25 of 365 - Creative process
"When it comes to creative process, I have very little figured out. During these 25 days I've realized that I need creative process, and with 'process' I don't mean just some happy accidents here and there, but a system of thought that will output new ideas on a regular basis. I guess some sort of common thought about creative process relates to mental images of mixing and blending different kind of ingredients together - and creative accidents happen when unexpected things are put together. Interpreting it this way makes the term 'creative' somehow relate to a categorical mix-ups. It's a common thought and while I'm tend to do just that, I'm still not sure if it's fruitful approach to creative process."

Read full post at my blog: http://www.yearofthealpha.com

Nex Barker
Total Posts: 84

Tramp

Kalainen

Day 26 of 365 - Changes
"I've been running this blog now for 26 days and update it with a new picture and text every day. While it has been a fascinating project and I've been creating pictures I would never have done without it, I now have to admit that my original plan has been too ambitious and I have to change my concept somehow to make this work. The trouble is, with an unfinished thesis, freelance work, family life, everyday things and other routines to take care of, the blog has to be run at nights. No matter how I try to organize things I find myself post processing pictures, writing texts and updating the blog usually at two o'clock in the middle of the night. After 26 days, I can say that this doesn't work in the long run and if I want to continue doing this, and I do, I need to change my rules. I'm still working on with a new plan, but in practice it means I won't be updating my blog on daily basis. More info to come in a next few days."

photoomaha
Total Posts: 366

Out for a walk this afternoon, not the greatest light. Tried to work a 'Prairie Grass' theme. Nex 7, Lens Turbo, Nikon 50 1.8.

kururu
Total Posts: 121

Mount Fuji from Lake Yamanaka, 5N + ZA16-70

taran
Total Posts: 393

Zeiss 25mm T/S, ir

india ir 140822 by artistwithlight, on Flickr

india ir 141140 by artistwithlight, on Flickr

alan_m
Total Posts: 231

More gulls! F3 + FDn 100/2.8 + Lens Turbo, a little cropping on some:

DSC06489 by specularist, on Flickr

DSC06508 by specularist, on Flickr

DSC06495 by specularist, on Flickr

Kalainen

Great stuff as usual Taran!

Day 27 of 365 - Natural wisdom
"I try to add Aura to my photo blog pictures as often as I can, because it makes them more valuable to me. This time I cropped my picture purposely this way so that I could use edges of that soda pop fridge to my excuse to add this picture to 'Season of Blackness', plus it makes it a nice 'frame within frames' picture. I wish I could use Aura more often, but she has a bedtime when darkness descends and therefore I often have settle for her sleeping cat."

taran
Total Posts: 393

Thank you so much for the kind words Kalainen.

w/ regard to your series... my hat is off to you for such perseverance, it takes a lot to do what you are doing, a real inspiration for me.

More from indi...

india ir 141415 by artistwithlight, on Flickr

india ir 141718 by artistwithlight, on Flickr

india ir 141672 by artistwithlight, on Flickr

india ir 141385 by artistwithlight, on Flickr

Kalainen

taran wrote:
Thank you so much for the kind words Kalainen.

w/ regard to your series... my hat is off to you for such perseverance, it takes a lot to do what you are doing, a real inspiration for me.

Music to my ears! What I've really hoped is that people find inspiration from my photo blog and I'm understandbly very to glad to hear your words. Thank you!

Day 28 of 365 - Sociological thinking
"When I started my studies of social sciences in university I really didn't know what to expect. All I knew that I had red some modern sociological classics, most important being Michel Foucault's Discipline and Punish, which felt really intriguing to me at the time (and still is, but for other reasons). Within university I found other classics and becoming acquainted with sociological knowledge had two effects on me. First, it opened world in a new way to me. I found emancipatory explanations to my earlier life experiences regarding inequality and human behavior, and it taught me how to think with my own mind. Like many others, I too think, that it's one of the best things that has happened to me in my life. Secondly, it destroyed my older world view and part of me in that same process. [...]"

alan_m

FD 50/1.4 + Lens Turbo

Minor crop after +7% barrel distortion correction in ACR, f5.6:

Tyndall National Institute, Cork by specularist, on Flickr

DSC06537 by specularist, on Flickr

DSC06521 by specularist, on Flickr

DSC06526 by specularist, on Flickr

DSC06523 by specularist, on Flickr

Kalainen

Day 29 of 365 - Taking care of witnesses
"I'm not sure if Aura's sleeping cat is something I would call a toy. Sure it is a toy cat and not a real cat by any means; and while Aura plays a lot with it, she also has a deeper relationship with it compared to her other toys. Usually when Aura plays with something else or we take care of her, like change diapers or feed her, the cat has to sit there and watch it happen. At this point I'm tempted to call Aura's sleeping cat either a witness or a supervisor, and the everyday life where we take care of Aura is like a staged show for the cat. [...]"

Ps. With this post, I'm also changing my habit of daily updates. My next blog post will happen at Saturday and I will explain changes more.

Kingfishphoto
Total Posts: 6864

My Nex-7 arrived this week. Heres a FD 100 macro shot. Hope to get some outside images this weekend. I purchased the bundle with 18-55 and 20 lenses, and a 16-50 on B/S.
Harry Palmer

photoomaha
Total Posts: 366

Harry, welcome to the club! That bundle is a great deal for a great camera. I debate about moving to the A7 platform, and then I go out and shoot my Nex 6 & 7, and come home and am still amazed by the file quality. Look forward to more of your work.

Kingfishphoto

Hi Dave, thanks for the welcome. I also thought about the 7 and 7R , but i so much with long lenses i decieded on the 7. The shutter vibration scared me off. I actually wanter to back off the 2X crop of my M4/3s cameras for the macro, nature, flowers using my macro and short tele lenses. So the Nex 7 seemed best. I discussed it a bit with Edd in Nevada and he agreeded.
Harry

Kingfishphoto

Three images from tonight in Gilbert ,Arizona.I used the FD 300 F4 L on the painted turtle and the FD 400 f4.5 on the desert cottontail and snowey egret .
Harry Palmer

mcbroomf
Total Posts: 2467

Alan, love the gulls
Kalainen, really like day 27

Mike

alan_m

mcbroomf wrote:
Alan, love the gulls
Kalainen, really like day 27

Mike

Thanks!

Great shots from Kingfishphoto - check out Danny "nzmacro" on the DPReview NEX forum - he shoots birds with NEX-7 and long FD lenses.

Here's a robin with FDn 100/2.8 + Lens Turbo, almost 100% crop:

Robin by specularist, on Flickr

Kingfishphoto

Three images today using the 18-55 kit lens.
Harry Palmer

LightShow
Total Posts: 5144

Leica M 90 APO ASPH on NEX-7

1       2       3              673      
       675              704       705       end