NEX Images Thread
/forum/topic/969329/657

1       2       3              657      
       659              686       687       end

alan_m
Total Posts: 231

joevain wrote:
Cheers mate, I was running in MM setting F8, ISO100 and using the IR remote. Opening the shutter and timing with my iphone 20sec, 30sec 40... etc until the exposure was right. It's a bit fiddly with focusing up and composing the shot without the filter, adding the filter and getting the phone out.

Oh well ill keep practising. I was using an iphone app to calculate exposure but it was always under exposing the images, maybe this was a FF app.

Joe

Your shots are great!

If A mode isn't working natively and you need to calculate, remember F-stops and doubling/halving of shutter speed are equivalent to exposure stops, so if adding 10 stops with an ND filter, you could first, without the filter on, use A mode to get a good exposure time for the scene at f8 and base ISO, and then with the filter added double that shutter speed 10 times to get the same exposure.

Alan

alan_m
Total Posts: 231

Long exposures with the Olympus 50/1.8 probably at 5.6:

Shandon Boat Club by specularist, on Flickr

River Lee, Cork by specularist, on Flickr

River Lee, Cork by specularist, on Flickr

Alan

joevain
Total Posts: 26

alan_m wrote:
joevain wrote:
Cheers mate, I was running in MM setting F8, ISO100 and using the IR remote. Opening the shutter and timing with my iphone 20sec, 30sec 40... etc until the exposure was right. It's a bit fiddly with focusing up and composing the shot without the filter, adding the filter and getting the phone out.

Oh well ill keep practising. I was using an iphone app to calculate exposure but it was always under exposing the images, maybe this was a FF app.

Joe

Your shots are great!

If A mode isn't working natively and you need to calculate, remember F-stops and doubling/halving of shutter speed are equivalent to exposure stops, so if adding 10 stops with an ND filter, you could first, without the filter on, use A mode to get a good exposure time for the scene at f8 and base ISO, and then with the filter added double that shutter speed 10 times to get the same exposure.

Alan

Cheers Alan, I'll keep that in mind and give it ago, I'm hoping weather permitting I can get out and do some water work this weekend.

Joe

feichkop
Total Posts: 111

abrahavt
Total Posts: 36

Sony Zeiss 24mm

H.Lux
Total Posts: 362

Abrahavt: Love the beach pics.

photoomaha
Total Posts: 306

From a family session a few days ago. I just wanted to post this to show why I really like working with the Nex cameras. I am amazed at the quality of file I can get with jpeg, shooting in black and white. I did tweak this in lightroom a bit, but the range and tones in the Nex files are incredible to me.

Jim Schemel
Total Posts: 4739

photoomaha - Nice shot.i have a family shoot this week.It will be inside by their fireplace.Will likely have to use some flash
-Jim

Shot today with Takumar 200 @ f4 with Turbo adapter Cross Processed in LR 5

Sunset by jmschemel, on Flickr

sculptormic
Total Posts: 1091

Great images everyone!

John Wolf
Total Posts: 177

Majnu ka Tilla, Delhi, India, 2013 | Nex 7 & Sigma 19

shelt
Total Posts: 236

NEX-6, Leica 24 Elmar, VCSO Velvia...

After the Storm by shelt59, on Flickr

mco_970
Total Posts: 5210

Beauty, Shelt!!

shelt
Total Posts: 236

Thanks! A very cool sunset after our first rain in many months...

berniebong
Total Posts: 3

Nex3 with reverse Yashica ML 50 f1.9

photoomaha

A few more images from our trip to Mexico last month. I went through the exif, can't believe these were all taken with the 16-50 kit lens. I normally work with primes, but the 16 is the widest I have, so I must have been reaching for that a little more than I thought.

Edit: Does anyone know why the size of these keeps getting jacked up?

Jim Schemel
Total Posts: 4739

NEX 7 / Photex 35 stopped down with Turbo adapter
-Jim

Picket Fence Leftovers by jmschemel, on Flickr

photoomaha

Jim, that looks great. I like the quality of light. Let us know how the family session turns out! Nothing like shooting in someone's house with flash, trying to create something that a point and shoot couldn't do! I have had a ton of requests for those types of images and I just can't ever get them to turn out how I would like. I really try and get all my family sessions done outdoors before the weather gets too bad.

Tarocco
Total Posts: 166

A few from a hike today - Nex-7 with a Speedbooster and OM mount Sigma mini-wide 28/2.8. The Speedbooster appears to work quite well but I don't think the lens was up to the task... I'd prefer to have used my Zuiko 24/2.8 but I need to mod it to mount on the SB.

rji2goleez
Total Posts: 4441

Lovely images on this page from all!

Was bored and wanting to play with my Minolta M-Rokkor 40/2 CLE on the NEX-5N. All handheld higher iso images. Can't wait to try this lens on the A7R.

uhoh7
Total Posts: 1889

here's my new 1956 red scale elmar:

DSC00924 by unoh7, on Flickr

DSC00903-3 by unoh7, on Flickr

DSC00852 by unoh7, on Flickr

DSC00838 by unoh7, on Flickr

1       2       3              657      
       659              686       687       end