NEX Images Thread
/forum/topic/969329/655

1       2       3              655      
       657              686       687       end

photoomaha
Total Posts: 306

My Lens Turbo arrived! I really like how this works with my nikon F mount lenses. Feels like it opens some new doors. Both with the 28mm 2.8.

photoomaha

Sorry, wanted to get this one up today also! From a senior session last week. It can be a little over-used, but the nex camera does a very good job with the one color option. Kids like it.

taran
Total Posts: 291

photoomaha wrote:
Sorry, wanted to get this one up today also! From a senior session last week. It can be a little over-used, but the nex camera does a very good job with the one color option. Kids like it.

Thats killer use of it right there. Kudos.

photoomaha

taran, thank you very much. I thought it had some good impact. For all the "Lens Turbo" users out there. I received mine a couple days ago and gave it a run on a family session today. Is the background and bokeh in this too much. And..., should I pretty much accept this type of performance? I was using a Nikon 50mm 1.8 on the Nex 6. Is it too distracting for you folks, or does this work? I could see where I could get some good effects with some of my wedding work with this, just don't want to overdue it!

taran
Total Posts: 291

photoomaha wrote:
taran, thank you very much. I thought it had some good impact. For all the "Lens Turbo" users out there. I received mine a couple days ago and gave it a run on a family session today. Is the background and bokeh in this too much. And..., should I pretty much accept this type of performance? I was using a Nikon 50mm 1.8 on the Nex 6. Is it too distracting for you folks, or does this work? I could see where I could get some good effects with some of my wedding work with this, just don't want to overdue it!

Unless you have applied a vignette in post, I would say that there is some hot spotting going on, whereby some lenses project a quite bright center with Lens Turbo. Interactions with the Lens Turbo are hit and miss in my experience, you have some lenses that work great, and some lenses, that when stopped down present unusual artifacts, hotspotting, and blue shift.

I encourage all pro users to get a lot of experience with these interactions as a whole shoot can be ruined without much effort if the wrong settings are used, or if certain "fast" lenses are stopped down too much.

The 50 E is not known for its bokehliciousness, so a lensturbo would likely accentuate any "busyness" that this lens had originally. Is it truly bad? No. Can it be a little distracting? Yes. Nothing you don't already know, and that background is certainly a little busy.

Jim Schemel
Total Posts: 4739

photoomaha - I think it is a nice shot.It does look a little hot in the center(esp on the womans hands and face) .But i would think that a highlight adjustment in LR would fix that.Other than that it looks just fine.I got my lens turbo today and will be trying it out tomorrow but a few shots that i have taken around the house look promising.
-Jim

Here is a shot with takumar 50 SMC @ 1.4 /NEX 7

Horse Portrait by jmschemel, on Flickr

Gary Clennan
Total Posts: 4587

I have been completely out of touch lately with some of the new E mount lenses for NEX. Excuse my ignorance. I would like to ask what would be a good choice for a 35mm-ish equivalent FL (I know some hate that word) quality lens for my 5N. Lens needs to be native E mount and autofocus. Speed is not a concern and should be as small as possible. Many thanks.

Jim Schemel

Gary Clennan wrote:
I have been completely out of touch lately with some of the new E mount lenses for NEX. Excuse my ignorance. I would like to ask what would be a good choice for a 35mm-ish equivalent FL (I know some hate that word) quality lens for my 5N. Lens needs to be native E mount and autofocus. Speed is not a concern and should be as small as possible. Many thanks.

Probably cannot get much better than the Zeiss 24 f1.8 emount.AF and good IQ from what i have seen
http://store.sony.com/24mm-f-1.8-wide-angle-prime-lens-zid27-SEL24F18Z/cat-27-catid-All-Alpha-NEX-Lenses

photoomaha

Jim,

That is beautiful! I like your choice of composition. It does look like your getting close to the same effect I am with the bokeh. I don't mind it, very painterly. Beautiful shot. I look forward to more of your work. I will be putting the Lens Turbo through the paces this winter, before wedding season kicks in next year!

uhoh7
Total Posts: 1889

Great work, everyone

It's that time of year again:

28 cron 50/1.1 and 35/1.2 not sure which is which

alan_m
Total Posts: 231

Rokkor 135/3.5:

DSC04452 by specularist, on Flickr

DSC04454 by specularist, on Flickr

Olympus Zuiko 50/1.8:

DSC04911 by specularist, on Flickr

DSC04959 by specularist, on Flickr

DSC04958 by specularist, on Flickr

DSC04961 by specularist, on Flickr

uhoh7

My yard was popular this evening:

this one was after me shortly after, not bad for 1954 lens wide open

and these two were fighting--my shot with them in the air was oof,
all with Canon LTM 85/1.5 well after sundown

Jim Schemel

I just wanted to clarify that the horse shot taken with my takumar 50 @1.4 was NOT taken with my turbo adapter.

sculptormic
Total Posts: 1091

uhoh7 wrote:

Nice! What are they called? ( I am a city rat )

uhoh7

sculptormic wrote:
uhoh7 wrote:

Nice! What are they called? ( I am a city rat )

Birdfeeder mashing vermin!

these are elk.

sculptormic
Total Posts: 1091

Aha female, I presume! No antler.

Jim Schemel

A few taken today with Zhongyi Lens Turbo attached 
First 2 are with Photex 35mm @2.8
Third shot is with Vivitar 13mm @2.8 all on NEX 7

Sheep Stare by jmschemel, on Flickr

Circles by jmschemel, on Flickr

Barn - This one was the biggest surprise to me.Yeah the corners are soft but its a 13mm lens by jmschemel, on Flickr

photoomaha

Jim, really like the barn image. The sky really draws you in.

Phillip Reeve
Total Posts: 1270

briantho
Total Posts: 1061

Superb photos Phillip, esp the stitch. Great colors. Your photos made my girlfriend decide that we are going for a walk in the forest today.

1       2       3              655      
       657              686       687       end