NEX Images Thread
/forum/topic/969329/649

1       2       3              649      
       651              702       703       end

uhoh7
Total Posts: 2205

Well my new little tiny m-rokkor 40/2 showed up today, so I decided to do what Huff can't be bothered to do with the 6 RF wides he has in his bag with the A7r, take a few snaps to see how it is.

and the bokeh test:

for 350usd, it's a damn nice piece of Leica glass---to my eyes anyway
122 grams

naturephoto1
Total Posts: 1678

uhoh7 wrote:
Well my new little tiny m-rokkor 40/2 showed up today, so I decided to do what Huff can't be bothered to do with the 6 RF wides he has in his bag with the A7r, take a few snaps to see how it is.

122 grams

I like mine too. Mine cost a bit more than that and I have been shooting it quite a bit on my Fujifilm X-E1. It is quite sharp and hopefully it will work well on the A7r.

Rich

uhoh7

naturephoto1 wrote:
uhoh7 wrote:

122 grams

I like mine too. Mine cost a bit more than that and I have been shooting it quite a bit on my Fujifilm X-E1. It is quite sharp and hopefully it will work well on the A7r.

Rich

I'm hoping somebody will give us a little stick on label to cover those four horrible letters on the hump starting with "S"; now saying: Minolta. Art decco font. Then the little rokkor will be at home, again.

naturephoto1
Total Posts: 1678

uhoh7 wrote:
naturephoto1 wrote:
uhoh7 wrote:

122 grams

Rich

I'm hoping somebody will give us a little stick on label to cover those four horrible letters on the hump starting with "S"; now saying: Minolta. Art decco font. Then the little rokkor will be at home, again.

Regardless, both the camera and these lenses have both a Minolta and Leica heritage.

Rich

sebboh
Total Posts: 10680

uhoh7 wrote:
naturephoto1 wrote:
uhoh7 wrote:

122 grams

Rich

hmm, i bet i have an extra minolta hump or two. maybe one would fit. i don't use the hotshoe anyway. might look odd when the rest of the top plate is black and the hump is silver though...

also, the bokeh is a bit harsh, but the lens has a nice glow wide open that can be nice for portraits:

and i also really like it for product type shooting on the hawk's adapter:

ebookman
Total Posts: 694

Those m-rokkor lenses look pretty good. Lately I have been seeing more to like in all the Minolta glass. For the past few weeks I have been traveling with an RX1 and a Nex 6. I am going single lens on the Nex to force myself to make the best use of the Minolta AF 100mm Macro which I have been using as a short tele on the crop sensor, as well as a macro. The lens is really quite impressive to me and creates images that look very comfortable in company with the RX1 images. Here are two images shot with the Minolta AF 100 macro at Canyon de Chelly in Arizona.

uhoh7

love those ebookman

@sebboh

well compared to pen 42, bokeh is "king" like

md 135/3.5

below, md 200/5---opps that's the Oly 200/5 haha.

my bokina is in MD, but that can't count
as a kid I drooled over srt-101 in local camera store, davis, cali.

ken.vs.ryu
Total Posts: 3516

Some samples from the news e-mounts. 35mm sonnar, 55mm sonnar, and the touit 50mm macro

http://sonyalphanex.blogspot.com/2013/10/Samples-Zeiss-35mm-55mm-Sonnar-FE-Touit-50mm-Macro.html

zephoto
Total Posts: 204

A shot of a friend... pardon the facebook quality.

NEX-6/ZE50/Lens Turbo:

joevain
Total Posts: 30

This is the view from our new apartment in downtown Chicago.

6+SEL1018 - 11MM/F8

Roof View by joevain, on Flickr

Jim Schemel
Total Posts: 4813

joevain - nice shot and what a view! You will need to change your location in your personal info.
-Jim

a few samples from today.

Jupiter 9 -
Country Road by jmschemel, on Flickr

Photex T/S -
Arnold Barn with Tilt Shift by jmschemel, on Flickr

Photex T/S -
Bridge with Tilt Shift by jmschemel, on Flickr

Rokkor 50 -
YBlueK by jmschemel, on Flickr

Takumar 200/1.4x -
From the Chelsea Roof by jmschemel, on Flickr

zephoto
Total Posts: 204

A little play on perspective. I wasn't on a ladder.... and that dog isn't that small. But the NEX-6 does have a Touit 12 on it now

Jim Schemel
Total Posts: 4813

zephoto - nice one.That looks like a very capable lens
-Jim

ebookman
Total Posts: 694

Nex 6 - Minolta AF 100mm Macro

sculptormic
Total Posts: 1402

joevain- What a terrific view you have!

Jim Schemel- Love the blue compo! What lens was on your Arax TS adapter? Nice!

ebookman- Isn't that a lovely lens!

joanlvh
Total Posts: 1379

this page is a joy to look at, Sebboth what a wonderful pic of your daughter, Uloh 7, your snowy landscapes are always so attractive, do you actually live in a state that now has that much snow? 79 degrees in TX!

Touit 12 mm

uhoh7

My Halloween offering:

M-Rokkor 40/2 all. Straight out of camera mostly

Can't wait to see this lens FF

taran
Total Posts: 381

delray 10.29.137588 by artistwithlight, on Flickr
Zeiss 25 TS lensbaby.

rji2goleez
Total Posts: 4667

UhOh7 - that 40/2 really roks!

Here's my night time offering of the NEX-5N with an Oly OM 21/3.5. I'm starting to like this lens a lot as well.

feichkop
Total Posts: 111

A few from Yellowstone this last summer

1       2       3              649      
       651              702       703       end