-Jim

MG Steering Wheel by jmschemel, on Flickr

ebookman
Total Posts: 590

Autumn morning mist in garden. Nex 6 Minolta MD Zoom 35-70mm

uhoh7
Total Posts: 1979

Jim and ebookman you have set a high standard here :0

50 cron, HAwks. There was some talk about this, the smallest 35FF I know, over in one of the A7 threads.

all cv35/2.5 last @ 2.8

It's a very tricky lens to use, focus really touchy.

Really nice shot below, doomin

doomin
Total Posts: 47

Nex-6 + fujian

Nex Barker
Total Posts: 70

Trusted Places

Nex Barker
Total Posts: 70

@sculptormic
Michiel, could you please tell me: how do you manage to get your M42-Lenses at the Speedbooster. I have got two M42-->C/Y Adapter. The first one wobbles and the other one fits much to strong. Thanks. Thomas

Jim Schemel
Total Posts: 4787

NEX 7 / 50 Rokkor stopped down
-Jim

Antique Hot Plate by jmschemel, on Flickr

the solitaire
Total Posts: 750

Hi all, I mostly spend my time on the MF Nikkor thread with some fine folks but on the hunt for a small video capable camera I kind of stumbled over this thread.

Im new to the whole NEX world. Just bought a used NEX 5 to see how I will like this kind of stuff. I intend to use it exclusively with Nikon MF lenses of which I have a few.

Which F to E-mount adapter can you recomend? Which one should I definitely stay away from?

sculptormic
Total Posts: 1218

@sculptormic
Michiel, could you please tell me: how do you manage to get your M42-Lenses at the Speedbooster. I have got two M42-->C/Y Adapter. The first one wobbles and the other one fits much to strong. Thanks. Thomas

I bought mine somewere random from HongKong but I can't remember were but it fits well on the adapter although some of my lenses don't get to 12 o'clock but still work.
With my heavy Helios-40 that is the case. In some cases I put the m42 ring first on the lens and then on the MB adapter, but mostly the other way around.
It is not a very stable and solid combination as a whole and I will prefer to bolt them on a A7r

Hi all, I mostly spend my time on the MF Nikkor thread with some fine folks but on the hunt for a small video capable camera I kind of stumbled over this thread.

Im new to the whole NEX world. Just bought a used NEX 5 to see how I will like this kind of stuff. I intend to use it exclusively with Nikon MF lenses of which I have a few.

Which F to E-mount adapter can you recomend? Which one should I definitely stay away from?

I have a lot of cheap pixco adapters from different sellers and they are all good and mostly focus past infinity. Recently I bought a Fotga PK/NEX adapter and it is total crap. It does not even screw on the camera. (BTW only 6,- or something)
If you want better and more expensive go to Metabones, Hawks or Novoflex.

sculptormic
Total Posts: 1218

A sculpture from the Binnale, Venice. Forgot the artist.

(nude warning)
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7424/10267288364_6ecae7c38f_o.jpg

A nude sculpture bbbrrrhhh....... All museums should be closed

Phillip Reeve
Total Posts: 1415

perost
Total Posts: 48

Some swedish autumn colors with the C/Y Distagon 25/2.8. I did not use a polarizer for these despite how the sky looks, it's just the 25/2.8 that seems to work as a polarizer in some circumstances. First one with SpeedBooster, second without.

the solitaire
Total Posts: 750

sculptormic wrote:

I have a lot of cheap pixco adapters from different sellers and they are all good and mostly focus past infinity. Recently I bought a Fotga PK/NEX adapter and it is total crap. It does not even screw on the camera. (BTW only 6,- or something)
If you want better and more expensive go to Metabones, Hawks or Novoflex.

Metabones and Novoflex seem to be a bit on the expensive side for a metal tube with a mount on them. Then again, consistently tight tolerances and stuff would cost a bit extra I presume.

Going by your advise I picked up a cheap 12 adapter from Ebay (Rainbow imaging). I saw the Fotga ones as well but do understand why you would not want to touch them. Will see how this one turns out.

So now all I have to do is wait for the NEX 5 and adapter to arrive, stick the 55 f1,2 S.C on it and snap away,

omihay
Total Posts: 14

@Philip: i bow to you, you make wonders with that nex 6. thank you

ebookman
Total Posts: 590

This page has so many sharp images I thought for a moment I was on the RX1 thread. Great work! Phillip, that last picture of the Crow, Raven or whatever is really quite the catch. Great 3D feeling.

Taylor Sherman
Total Posts: 1049

Nex-7, 35/2 Summicron-R, Speedbooster

Jim Schemel
Total Posts: 4787

Phillip - Great light on the Japanese Maple
-Jim

NEX 7 / Vivtar 13mm
Foot Bridge by jmschemel, on Flickr

Gary Clennan
Total Posts: 4807

Awesome set Phillip!