NEX Images Thread
/forum/topic/969329/639

1       2       3              639      
       641              702       703       end

sebboh
Total Posts: 10680

went kayaking around monterey and took my most expendable kit, nex-3 (classic) + sigma 30mm:

in retrospect, perhaps a longer lens would have been better.

mco_970
Total Posts: 5288

I rather enjoy the wide open ocean views, Sebboh. A few more from my watery set... 5N & either 24-E or 50-E.

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2474

Sony Nex 5R Nikkor 28 f2.8 ai-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Sony Nex 5R Carl Zeiss 1.4/85 ZF by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

blueshadows
Total Posts: 1035

A little wet-belly with a NEX 5n and Pentax-M 100 4 macro.

wfrank
Total Posts: 2968

michael49 wrote:
^ - love that set Michelle.

yes, beautiful.

perost
Total Posts: 49

Phillip Reeve wrote:
perost wrote:
Slowly working through the photo pile from the summer, here's some shots of Högakustenbron, Sweden's longest suspension bridge. Both taken with NEX-7 and Contax Zeiss 25/2.8, the second one through the front window of a car.

I would like to hear what you think of that lens, i think it is an interesting one but couldn't find much about it.

It's a nice little lens, though it's very soft wide open. The tree I posted earlier was taken at f/4, and it's had a lot more sharpening applied than I normally use. Wide open it's almost useless. It sharpens up considerably at f/5.6 though, and for my purposes I rarely feel the need to use a larger aperture than that anyway. The other photos I've posted were taken at f/8 if I remember correctly. It's said to have weak corners, but on my NEX-7 it's sharp across the frame, and it actually works quite well with my Speed Booster also.

I did have a hard time choosing between the 25/2.8 and 28/2.8. The 28/2.8 seemed like the safest choice, so I went with the 25/2.8 :P Partly because it was further from the Sigma 30/2.8 I already had, and partly because it seemed like the more interesting lens. I found some comments from Samuli here on FM about the lens that also helped me decide on the 25. I've only had the lens for a couple of months though, but what I've seen from it so far has been very promising and it's already one of my favourite lenses. I should also point out that my lens is a MMJ, I've heard that the AE versions might be worse.

And since this is an image thread, here's a photo of a shingle field at Snöberget, close to Niemisel in northern Sweden. Contax Zeiss 25/2.8@f/8

mco_970
Total Posts: 5288

In the desert for sunset. 5N & Minolta 35-70.

photoomaha
Total Posts: 361

My sons last football game of the year. Nex 6 and 16-50.

freaklikeme
Total Posts: 5799

NEX-7 and Canon FD 500/4.5L @ 5.6

NEX-7 and Canon FD 500/4.5L @ 5.6

Phillip Reeve
Total Posts: 1526

perost wrote:
Phillip Reeve wrote:
perost wrote:
Slowly working through the photo pile from the summer, here's some shots of Högakustenbron, Sweden's longest suspension bridge. Both taken with NEX-7 and Contax Zeiss 25/2.8, the second one through the front window of a car.

I would like to hear what you think of that lens, i think it is an interesting one but couldn't find much about it.

It's a nice little lens, though it's very soft wide open. The tree I posted earlier was taken at f/4, and it's had a lot more sharpening applied than I normally use. Wide open it's almost useless. It sharpens up considerably at f/5.6 though, and for my purposes I rarely feel the need to use a larger aperture than that anyway. The other photos I've posted were taken at f/8 if I remember correctly. It's said to have weak corners, but on my NEX-7 it's sharp across the frame, and it actually works quite well with my Speed Booster also.

I did have a hard time choosing between the 25/2.8 and 28/2.8. The 28/2.8 seemed like the safest choice, so I went with the 25/2.8 :P Partly because it was further from the Sigma 30/2.8 I already had, and partly because it seemed like the more interesting lens. I found some comments from Samuli here on FM about the lens that also helped me decide on the 25. I've only had the lens for a couple of months though, but what I've seen from it so far has been very promising and it's already one of my favourite lenses. I should also point out that my lens is a MMJ, I've heard that the AE versions might be worse.

And since this is an image thread, here's a photo of a shingle field at Snöberget, close to Niemisel in northern Sweden. Contax Zeiss 25/2.8@f/8

sounds good, i am pretty much sold on the A7 so I will have to get a new WW lens and it is a candidate

ulrikft2
Total Posts: 2102

nex-7 + 16/2.8:

taran
Total Posts: 382

@ulrikft2, the colors on that one are special.

H.Lux
Total Posts: 426

From the Biennale di Venezia. NEX-7, Oly 21/2@f2.8 and Speedbooster.

Enjoy,
Stefan

Jim Schemel
Total Posts: 4813

stefan - Very cool shot.Which speedbooster are you using? Also were you able to run it through LR and remove some of the CA up near the handle
-Jim

Here is a shot with NEX 7 / Vivitar 13mm

Falls by jmschemel, on Flickr

H.Lux

Thank you for your comment, Jim. I took a look and found the CAs. Just by clicking "remove chromatic abberations" in lightroom, I could eliminate them. New version is uploaded.
My speedbooster is one of the first NEX-Canon EOS. They write on their website that the Oly 21/2 wouldn't fit and scratch the glass. But mine works fine. Only problem I have, that sometimes NEX doesn't release. Then I have to reattach the speedbooster on the NEX

Stefan

Jim Schemel
Total Posts: 4813

Stefan - Much better.The LR CA removal works very well.
-Jim

uhoh7
Total Posts: 2208

lots of great shots up there

28 cron

sel1018

LightShow
Total Posts: 5074

Test shots from my first outing with my new M 90 Cron APO Asph

I felt a square crop fit best.

And a B&W version because I liked both.

photoomaha
Total Posts: 361

From yesterday, family session. Nex 6 and 35mm 1.8.

H.Lux

Isola di San Giorgio, Venezia. NEX-7, Contax-Zeiss 90/2.8@f5.6.

Enjoy,
Stefan

1       2       3              639      
       641              702       703       end