NEX Images Thread
/forum/topic/969329/638

1       2       3              638      
       640              715       716       end

absolutic
Total Posts: 2228

how is that lens turbo? i read not so great reports of it being a poor replacement for metabones, lack of sharpness and other issues, which I don't detect in your photographs

alan_m
Total Posts: 231

absolutic wrote:
how is that lens turbo? i read not so great reports of it being a poor replacement for metabones, lack of sharpness and other issues, which I don't detect in your photographs

Haha - thank you, though these are cropped! I find it to be unexpectedly great - my FDn 35/2, 50/1.4 & 100/2.8 lenses are sharp to the edges (if not corners), wider than that are ok too, but suffer from barrel distortion. Lowered contrast (recoverable in RAW) and blue/magenta/purple flare spots (trickier) can be a problem in bright light, especially around water, I haven't even tried them with a hood yet, which should help this? But look at this, uncropped from 50/1.4 + LT at around f2.8, posting large for pixel-peeping - can't complain!

Dragon Boat Challenge race, Cork by specularist, on Flickr

And 100/2.8:

Dragon Boat Challenge race, Cork by specularist, on Flickr

absolutic
Total Posts: 2228

these are amazing results! sold! I am going to go ahead and get one of these for Nikon mount.

I picked up a used NEX 5n recently here on for sale forums for quite cheap, and don't want to really invest in any Sony E lenses beyond the kit that already came with it (I have Nikon full Frame, Fuji X and m43 setups already, another setup with all new lenses, my wife will strangle me), But if I can use my Nikon lenses on Nex 5n on a cheap, may work just nicely!

Kalainen
Total Posts: 210

Day 10 of 365 - Cleaning day
"I don't know where the ideas come from. Do they come into being from ever rampaging chaos, which lies outside of organized human life? Or do they wait us in the platonic 'world of Ideas', where everything is categorized perfectly like in a library or computer file system? Some say they have a manmade origin, which is tied to history of struggle. Wherever they come from, all I know is that I need them to keep going on with my photo blog."

Read full post on my blog: http://www.yearofthealpha.com

Gary Clennan
Total Posts: 7643

taran - lovely shots!

Edited.....

Minomaniac
Total Posts: 75

Some from this fall. All NEX 7 with Sony 16-70Z.

More on flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/104852879@N08/sets/72157639641683584/

snapsy
Total Posts: 7729

Oh man there are some fantastic images on this page.

@taran, love the treatment on all those especially the 1st one.
@Ulff, fanastic framing and depth in that shot.
@Minomaniac, that last image is fantastic. Love the comp.
@Kalainen, once I got over the nausea I was able to appreciate that flash work.

Kalainen

snapsy wrote:
Oh man there are some fantastic images on this page.
@Kalainen, once I got over the nausea I was able to appreciate that flash work.

Hah! Thank you for your kind words.

roboticspro
Total Posts: 1947

Hi,

A shot from the lab yesterday; NEX 6 with Canon FD SSC 35mm f2 (concave) at f2.

Edd

Kalainen

Day 11 of 365 - Weather report
"Finally the snow is coming down from the sky! In this evening, when it got dark, the snowfall began and this time it looks like it has a potential to become a true winter. Usually by this time of year, in Finland, we have had already at least a couple of good months of winter with everything covered by beautiful white snow. Apparently some flowers are still blossoming in central Finland and some folks have picked mushrooms from the forests. I have never experienced this kind of black winter before. Doesn't sound quite as dramatic as Niagara falls freezing in North America, but I red that the same weather phenomenon explains the mild weather in Scandinavia and the freezing weather in North America."

Nex Barker
Total Posts: 161

Poster for our next theater production:

The Metamorphosis (novella by Franz Kafka)

Nex Barker

The Metamorphosis

joanlvh
Total Posts: 1750

Nex 6

Kalainen

Good stuff Nex Barker!

Day 12 of 365 - The interrogation room
"Found this front door of apartment building when I was hiking around the neighborhood couple of days ago. What is this place, I immediately thought, when I noticed security camera above the door. Notice that there is also a platform for pin codes and a pretty solid looking door. For some odd reason window on a top conjures up, in my mind, an image of a interrogation room. It's a gray and dreary room with one light hanging from the ceiling. Underneath the light there is a simple table and three chairs one for me and two for my interrogators."

mcbroomf
Total Posts: 3574

Did some more light painting with the Nex today

28mm/F2 Rokkor with lens turbo on Nex 5R
This was put together with 4 images, 6 and 30 sec straight shots, another with the generator lit from the front left and the last crouching behind it lighting the rear wall, blended in PS

Final ... stars are from holes in the wall and a gap below the door .. I may have to go back with some tape, but I kind of like them

This is pretty much what I could see

alan_m
Total Posts: 231

Another (city) seagull shot, in colour this time - FDn 100/2.8 at around f3.5 + Lens Turbo, slight crop:

DSC06241 by specularist, on Flickr

Nex Barker

Thank you, Kalainen

Jim Schemel
Total Posts: 4931

alan m - well done.Nice background.
-Jim

NEX 7 / Takumar 50 @ 1.4 with Turbo

Milkweed by jmschemel, on Flickr

taran
Total Posts: 824

India... Pentax 70mm

india 1.6.142853 by artistwithlight, on Flickr

india 1.6.142988 by artistwithlight, on Flickr

india 1.6.143004 by artistwithlight, on Flickr

Kalainen

Day 13 of 365 - It's the context, stupid!
"Nearly two weeks ago, when I was starting this photo blog, I had premeditated only the first picture beforehand (day 1). It didn't come quite as I imagined, but I figured it was good enough. After that I was on my own and my quest for 'the 365' had started. I didn't know what to expect or wish for. I only knew I had carefully build myself a photo blog for my 365-project and searched for couple of forums where I could share my coming adventure. I had already invested a fair amount of work into it, so I couldn't turn away from it now (plus there was couple of good friends pushing me into it). In a sense, I had my concept and bones ready, but I knew nothing about how the 365 would change my photography."

1       2       3              638      
       640              715       716       end