NEX Images Thread
/forum/topic/969329/635

1       2       3              635      
       637              702       703       end

xbarcelo
Total Posts: 573

So many great shots on the previous page! Fantastic work all of you! I've loved the Quadrophenia vibe, Wilhelm! Cool shots, Codaque1

sculptormic
Total Posts: 1409

Good for your lungs, Wilhelm

joanlvh
Total Posts: 1380

touit 12mm, severely cropped

ebookman
Total Posts: 697

Sometimes I miss the old 6X6 format and just want to do 1 to 1 images. Here are three 1 to 1 images taken in the northern Cascade Mountains yesterday. Nex 6 with CV15 on the first shot and Minolta MD Zoom 35 -70 on the other two shots.

I know the colors are unusual but they are accurate.

mco_970
Total Posts: 5288

Hmmmm. Not sure about B&W for this.

5N, 35-70 Minolta at macro distance - this plant smells horrible when it blooms, it was on a field trip to the great outdoors to finish blooming before it can come back in the house.

lenticular11
Total Posts: 678

Wow Wilhelm, fantastic shots, fabulous atmosphere ( even with that 2-stroke smoke - cough, cough) and use of light.
I spot an original looking Norton Commando, a very trick Moto-Guzzi and a Triumph or Triton ( Triumph engine, Norton frame) in the last pic, so these are very desirable bikes!

This post was written before some of the preceding posts, hence comments only on Wfrank's 2-wheeled bridge battle!

sculptormic

Two from some time ago in Lissabon.

wfrank
Total Posts: 2968

Thanks guys!

Terrible motif mco ;-)

Phillip Reeve
Total Posts: 1527

doomin
Total Posts: 47

Nex 6; Fujian 35 f/1,7

Phillip Reeve
Total Posts: 1527

Ulff
Total Posts: 905

Beautiful mood in your images, Phillip!

H.Lux
Total Posts: 426

Doomin, like the tilt. A bit less hazy day could have made it even better.

Philip, here I like the haze, godd work as usual.

Stefan

photoomaha
Total Posts: 361

Philip, man, you capture that light really well. Nice work!

ebookman

Phillip
These are wonderful images and interesting differences among the lenses. I would really like to see a comparison of a full, back-lit image with these three lenses. Your lens tests were also very informative but I think the full image gives a better sense of the IQ. The Zeiss is pretty amazing to me in the second shot where you are looking right into the sun, maintaining subtle detail and colors in both the sky and tree. I wonder if the Minolta MD zooms could make this shot.

ulrikft2
Total Posts: 2102

Nex-7 + sigmarit 19/2.8:

taran
Total Posts: 383

@Jim Schemel, did you get to go to OWS this year? I had gone the last two years but didnít make it this time.

----Again, the quality of this thread continues to amaze me. I get to go to such wonderful places and see some wonderful glass in action. This is a real joy to take a few days off and then return to this thread, knowing there will be surprises and new things. Congratulations to you all.

My recent preoccupations involve IR, and some mixed format mimicry courtesy of the lensbaby tilt. I have used the LB+25mm ZF for some time now, almost two years, that I am happy to report it is one of the best purchases I made for my NEX. When paired with excellent Zeiss glass, a plethora of creative options is available. I donít shoot RAW anymore to streamline the process with the F3, as RAW plus jpg fine is not available, and I would rather just have the jpg fine, processed SOOC.

I hope and pray everyday Sony will give us some more refined bw options with NEX FF (grain filter options and texture overlay), but for now I can say I am satisfied with what I am seeing. I always wait for the F3 to explode given everything it sees is in purple (RAW) before it produces an image on the rear LCD. Hope it holds up as well as my C3 did, which died earlier this year, after an extremely robust shooting career.

delray 9.24.134590 by artistwithlight, on Flickr

delray 9.25.134665 by artistwithlight, on Flickr

ebookman

I am finding it is a real challenge for me to photograph in high wind and rain without backlighting. The camera just sees through that stuff. What is the trick? Nex 6 Minolta MD Zoom 35-70

philip_pj
Total Posts: 3103

You really need mist or visible evidence of the wind, e. I have done decades of bushwalking and love the rain, but apart from special times its often just dull in output. Shooting in rain is pretty poor all round.

Older films like Velvia did mist well, IMO, so maybe look for more open vistas obviously affected by the atmospherics. Also you get fabulous closeups with water drops, wet wood and barks, overall I much prefer to washed out sunny scenes. Much better in wilderness too, underexpose a little. Just after rain but with overcast is excellent, the air is still full of vapour and the camera stays dry.

sculptormic

1       2       3              635      
       637              702       703       end