NEX Images Thread
/forum/topic/969329/626

1       2       3              626      
       628              701       702       end

eosfun
Total Posts: 2120

Phillip Reeve wrote:
hehe, those are jpgs ooc, using the standard profile

That explains why there is still some LoCa from Sony's 50/1.8 in your shots? I see it especially in the shot of the Auto Union Horch. Not that it makes your pictures bad, I love these shots from a totally different character than your hallmark backlit landscapes, but that's because I have "gasoline in the blood" I guess . Anyway it should be easy to correct even from a JPG file. Thanks for sharing and your always inspiring photography Phillip! You just made me decide to post some classic cars from the weekend in the Canon board (my car pix are not alt).

Phillip Reeve
Total Posts: 1499

eosfun wrote:
Phillip Reeve wrote:
hehe, those are jpgs ooc, using the standard profile

That explains why there is still some LoCa from Sony's 50/1.8 in your shots? I see it especially in the shot of the Auto Union Horch. Not that it makes your pictures bad, I love these shots from a totally different character than your hallmark backlit landscapes, but that's because I have "gasoline in the blood" I guess . Anyway it should be easy to correct even from a JPG file. Thanks for sharing and your always inspiring photography Phillip! You just made me decide to post some classic cars from the weekend in the Canon board (my car pix are not alt).

I noticed it and decided that i didn't care enough to invest 2 minutes to remove it

taran
Total Posts: 368

delray 8.16.131769 by artistwithlight, on Flickr

delray 8.13.131651 by artistwithlight, on Flickr

Ongoing experiments, and learning to see in a different way. F3 deep bw + pentax 18mm 110. SOOC.

alwang
Total Posts: 1037

First one is great, Taran!

G28:

soft peaks by alwang, on Flickr

Phillip Reeve

@ taran: looks great, would you mind sharing your PP?

taran

@Philip- thanks for the kind words. My shots are never PP, all SOOC, BW+3 contrast.

I hardly ever touch RAWs anymore, coming from Nikon garbage RAW/jpgs for 12 years, I find the Sony cameras impossible to f-up, unless I shoot in manual

Phillip Reeve

taran wrote:
@Philip- thanks for the kind words. My shots are never PP, all SOOC, BW+3 contrast.

I hardly ever touch RAWs anymore, coming from Nikon garbage RAW/jpgs for 12 years, I find the Sony cameras impossible to f-up, unless I shoot in manual

why is nikons implementation garbage?

blueshadows
Total Posts: 1028

NEX 7, Metabones Smart Adapter and Canon 400 5.6L.

taran

Phillip Reeve wrote:
taran wrote:

why is nikons implementation garbage?

They never got skin tone right, the only thing I cared about when I was shooting professionally.

Also, the jpg engine for most nikon bodies up until recently was abysmal, completely inflexible and lifeless, with no options like the ones I have for my NEX 7.

Since switching to NEX, up until last night when I processed some old Nikon shots, I couldn't remember the last time I touched a RAW file. Only when I have to process old files from my Nikons do I fire up the RAW converter, because the jpgs need a barf bag.

rji2goleez
Total Posts: 4650

NEX 5N, Zeiss 21mm ZE with Metabones adapter

Jim Schemel
Total Posts: 4812

Jim Schemel
Total Posts: 4812

A few more from the woods.
-Jim

Amish Walking the Path by jmschemel, on Flickr

Hocking Hills Falls Bleach Bypass by jmschemel, on Flickr

ebookman
Total Posts: 689

Jim -- I love the Amish walking the path. It almost looks like you planned the spacing between the walkers. Great timing.

sculptormic
Total Posts: 1375

Yes, both of them are great, Jim. Also the other one were they are coming out of the cave.
The clothes are in beautiful contrast with the green of the woods.

perost
Total Posts: 48

Long time since my last post, summer has meant a lot of shooting but not so much editing. Here's two photos from Furuvik Zoo which I visited about a month ago, both taken with aus Jena 135/3.5 and NEX-7. They're from inside the poorly lit reptile house so both wide open through glass, turtle at ISO 6400 and iguana at ISO 3200.

taran

ebookman wrote:
Jim -- I love the Amish walking the path. It almost looks like you planned the spacing between the walkers. Great timing.

+1. Quite a surreal scene that looks as likely 100 years ago as today. Fantastic.

uhoh7
Total Posts: 2161

70400g Tamiasciurus hudsonicus

cv35/1.2 v1

cv35/1.2 w/ close focus
both 35 shots @1.2
one last 70400:

zenaida macroura
I go back and forth between AF and MF with this lens. Above the AF really hit well at 330mm f/5.6. The pile of seeds are from a feeder above---where house finches guzzle in a rather messy manner.

fmphoto
Total Posts: 838

Holy Guacamole perost! Those are incredibly sharp images at outrageous ISOs. For someone on the fence as far as which system to go with, you guys are all proving to me two things. First, their are some really great photographers here and second, the NEX and X Trans are both great systems that you all are really good with! I do so wish you all wouldn't abbreviate the lenses you use, it is really hard to figure out what glass works well. Words like CV 15 and others, I am clueless.

rji2goleez
Total Posts: 4650

NEX-5N with Pentax-M 50/1.7 @ f/5.6. Grain added using Silver Efex Pro2

photoomaha
Total Posts: 360

Really cool stuff on this page! This was last night with Nex 6 and 50 1.8.

1       2       3              626      
       628              701       702       end