NEX Images Thread
/forum/topic/969329/621

1       2       3              621      
       623              699       700       end

sebboh
Total Posts: 10243

taran wrote:
Always wonderful to return to this thread... last couple of pages are fab.

Continuing experiments with Deep BW F3... learning how to see in IR is a new challenge every day. There is plenty of light here in florida though. Hopeful to get to the swamp next weekend.

very nice! any idea how beneficial the the deep b&w conversion is compared to the standard IR conversion? i'm getting my 5N converted and trying to decide which would be best.

tach18k
Total Posts: 935

UHOH7 Was that Wrightwood where you shot the Helio's?

lumis beans
Total Posts: 210

alwang wrote:
A couple from a recent trip to Seattle: all with either the G28 or G45.

Al, what is the man in that first photo drawing. It looks musical?

Great pics, too.

taran
Total Posts: 368

sebboh wrote:
very nice! any idea how beneficial the the deep b&w conversion is compared to the standard IR conversion? i'm getting my 5N converted and trying to decide which would be best.

I wasn't really prepared to invest in a RAW workflow and false color work. My cam is setup to be jpg bw only. I wanted a landscape camera that just did BW, kinda like a poor mans leica M monochrom (the camera I really wanted, lol). In that regard, I consider the conversion a lucky success, because it ended up being just what I had desired for my current landscape series.

The camera came with a wonderful preset WB and RAW tonality with the deep BW filter, more technically capable than I really wanted. I immediately abandoned this preset and went with BW +3 contrast

This preset probably makes the shots look garish to true IR aficionados, but its exactly what I wanted from a pure BW landscape camera. If you want to do color, this is the wrong camera. The RAWs are nice too, but I doubt I will ever touch them.

Hope this helps.

Highfive
Total Posts: 71

Some recent i have taken, little bit of everything!
Hope you enjoy them

Taylor Sherman
Total Posts: 1077

A few more from San Juan Island last weekend.

San Juan Gothic by Taylor Sherman, on Flickr

1 & 3 21 Super-Elmar-M
2 28 Summicron-M

mco_970
Total Posts: 5288

I've driven past this a bunch of times without realizing what a cool view there is through the trees. Had to take this from my truck to be up high enough to see it, though! I should pay less attention to the road, it really detracts from my sightseeing.

Jim Schemel
Total Posts: 4809

Michelle - beautiful shot.
-Jim

Here is a grab of a new Vintage Watch that i picked up.If any one has any suggestions on taking better watch shots i am open to them.FlyPenFly hint

Longines Professional 1943 by jmschemel, on Flickr

CoDaQue
Total Posts: 98

Sunset at my hometown's promenade...

NEX-5n+CV15+Lr4+Nik Color Efex

Sorry for the Instagram-ish PP !

uhoh7
Total Posts: 2026

tach18k wrote:
UHOH7 Was that Wrightwood where you shot the Helio's?

Beavercreek Fire, near Hailey, Idaho.

leica 28/2

nikon 180 ais/ed

canon 50/1.8 LTM

might be teleelmarit or the 50

sel1018

freaklikeme
Total Posts: 5636

Some color, first with the Elmarit 35 + Speedbooster wide open, last two with the Canon FD 20-35, first at 20 and f/5.6, second at 35 and wide open.

freaklikeme
Total Posts: 5636

And a couple of B&W with the 20-35, both at 20, first at f/5.6, second wide open.

If you're ever in Austin, eat here and be adventurous in what you order. Anything cooked wrapped in a banana leaf is wonderful.

alwang
Total Posts: 1020

lumis beans wrote:
alwang wrote:
A couple from a recent trip to Seattle: all with either the G28 or G45.

Al, what is the man in that first photo drawing. It looks musical?

Great pics, too.

You know, I'm not sure exactly what it is: I just saw him working in a coffeeshop, and didn't get a chance to ask. It does look musical, but it could also be a plan of attack for Donkey Kong.

Thanks to all for the comments. Here are a couple from the Olympic coast, at La Push.

G45:

corona by alwang, on Flickr

counterweight by alwang, on Flickr

dkerins
Total Posts: 56

I took a few shots on a windy walk today. Nex 7 with a Olympus PEN F 42mm f/1.2.

sculptormic
Total Posts: 1304

Alwang - Amazing all that wood on the beach and nice photo's as well!

Here are two from last year in Lissabon, Calitrava designed train station, and two from yesterday, Amsterdam.

SKumar25
Total Posts: 1900

Great work guys!!

Couple from my daughter's birthday themed "Bush Fairy Party"!

All with 35 Lux FLE with Nex6.

philber
Total Posts: 7424

Some great pictures on this page. Too many to single each one, but HighFive, Jim, Taylor, skumar, Michiel, alwang, consider your selves congratulated!

On my side, a foursome from Saint Malo. The first two with Touit 12mm, the last two with Summilux 50mm. BTW, that is not an old ship. You can rent it and/or sail on it

sebboh
Total Posts: 10243

taran wrote:
sebboh wrote:

I wasn't really prepared to invest in a RAW workflow and false color work. My cam is setup to be jpg bw only. I wanted a landscape camera that just did BW, kinda like a poor mans leica M monochrom (the camera I really wanted, lol). In that regard, I consider the conversion a lucky success, because it ended up being just what I had desired for my current landscape series.

The camera came with a wonderful preset WB and RAW tonality with the deep BW filter, more technically capable than I really wanted. I immediately abandoned this preset and went with BW +3 contrast

This preset probably makes the shots look garish to true IR aficionados, but its exactly what I wanted from a pure BW landscape camera. If you want to do color, this is the wrong camera. The RAWs are nice too, but I doubt I will ever touch them.

Hope this helps.

a good to know, i'll be shooting raw but never viewing things in color or trying false color type processing. i'm just trying to figure out which filter will give my more pleasing b&w's and how much sensitivity loss there is with the deep b&w filter.

Taylor Sherman
Total Posts: 1077

A few more from Friday Harbor and Lime Kiln

1 & 2: 21 Super-Elmar-M
3: Touit 12

joanlvh
Total Posts: 1334

touit 12mm

1       2       3              621      
       623              699       700       end