NEX Images Thread
/forum/topic/969329/594

1       2       3              594      
       596              715       716       end

zephoto
Total Posts: 253

Ok to break up the pictures of landscapes, bugs, flowers, and people I present some tuner cars!

NEX-6 + ZE 18mm 3.5 @ either 3.5 or 5.6 I forget if I changed the aperture initially or not. *wish I had aperture rings!* Anyway a few shots of angles that other guys were not getting as they did not have tilting screens :P

alan_m
Total Posts: 231

Great work everyone - love that 'vanishing point' tunnel (or whatever it is) shot Lumis!

F3 + Canon FDn 35/2, wide open on all of these, I think:

DSC02288 by specularist, on Flickr

DSC02289 by specularist, on Flickr

DSC02293 by specularist, on Flickr

DSC02285 by specularist, on Flickr

Phillip Reeve
Total Posts: 2271

omihay wrote:
phillip, please tell me, is this 50 1.8 so good wide open to worth buying or is just your talent that makes it seems good? thank you.

it is pretty good, according to Roger Cicerla it produces higher MTF50 values @f/1.8 than the Leica Summilux 50 ASPH @f/1.4.

zephoto wrote:
Ok to break up the pictures of landscapes, bugs, flowers, and people I present some tuner cars!

too much nature stuff? okay, here we go:

uhoh7
Total Posts: 4215

sigma 8-16
The last intact mining dredge in Idaho--once there were 20-30. Horrible nasty things, like most mining machines This ran as recently as the late 40's, and, even with no account of damage to creek, it barely made any money. I need to climb above this someday and shoot the ravaged creek downstream. google image for "mining dredge" will bring up some great shots of these--mostly in Alaska.

Taylor Sherman
Total Posts: 1578

I have too many lenses, and the 35 Cron-R is on my "to sell" list, but it's going to be difficult. For middle-ranges and infinity I've got other, better options. But it has a unique style for close-ups.

Jim Schemel
Total Posts: 4931

Philip - nice job in rendering the reds in the car / truck shots.Any special processing? I have found that the NEX 7 struggles a bit with the red channel and without some adjustments really blows them out.
-Jim

photoomaha
Total Posts: 499

From a wedding on Saturday. Nex 6 with 35 1.8.

Phillip Reeve

Jim Schemel wrote:
Philip - nice job in rendering the reds in the car / truck shots.Any special processing? I have found that the NEX 7 struggles a bit with the red channel and without some adjustments really blows them out.
-Jim

hehe, those are jpgs ooc, using the standard profile

eosfun
Total Posts: 2138

Phillip Reeve wrote:

That explains why there is still some LoCa from Sony's 50/1.8 in your shots? I see it especially in the shot of the Auto Union Horch. Not that it makes your pictures bad, I love these shots from a totally different character than your hallmark backlit landscapes, but that's because I have "gasoline in the blood" I guess . Anyway it should be easy to correct even from a JPG file. Thanks for sharing and your always inspiring photography Phillip! You just made me decide to post some classic cars from the weekend in the Canon board (my car pix are not alt).

Phillip Reeve

eosfun wrote:
Phillip Reeve wrote:

That explains why there is still some LoCa from Sony's 50/1.8 in your shots? I see it especially in the shot of the Auto Union Horch. Not that it makes your pictures bad, I love these shots from a totally different character than your hallmark backlit landscapes, but that's because I have "gasoline in the blood" I guess . Anyway it should be easy to correct even from a JPG file. Thanks for sharing and your always inspiring photography Phillip! You just made me decide to post some classic cars from the weekend in the Canon board (my car pix are not alt).

I noticed it and decided that i didn't care enough to invest 2 minutes to remove it

taran
Total Posts: 824

delray 8.16.131769 by artistwithlight, on Flickr

delray 8.13.131651 by artistwithlight, on Flickr

Ongoing experiments, and learning to see in a different way. F3 deep bw + pentax 18mm 110. SOOC.

alwang
Total Posts: 1124

First one is great, Taran!

G28:

soft peaks by alwang, on Flickr

Phillip Reeve

@ taran: looks great, would you mind sharing your PP?

taran

@Philip- thanks for the kind words. My shots are never PP, all SOOC, BW+3 contrast.

I hardly ever touch RAWs anymore, coming from Nikon garbage RAW/jpgs for 12 years, I find the Sony cameras impossible to f-up, unless I shoot in manual

Phillip Reeve

taran wrote:
@Philip- thanks for the kind words. My shots are never PP, all SOOC, BW+3 contrast.

I hardly ever touch RAWs anymore, coming from Nikon garbage RAW/jpgs for 12 years, I find the Sony cameras impossible to f-up, unless I shoot in manual

why is nikons implementation garbage?

blueshadows
Total Posts: 1141

NEX 7, Metabones Smart Adapter and Canon 400 5.6L.

taran

Phillip Reeve wrote:
taran wrote:

why is nikons implementation garbage?

They never got skin tone right, the only thing I cared about when I was shooting professionally.

Also, the jpg engine for most nikon bodies up until recently was abysmal, completely inflexible and lifeless, with no options like the ones I have for my NEX 7.

Since switching to NEX, up until last night when I processed some old Nikon shots, I couldn't remember the last time I touched a RAW file. Only when I have to process old files from my Nikons do I fire up the RAW converter, because the jpgs need a barf bag.

rji2goleez
Total Posts: 6689

NEX 5N, Zeiss 21mm ZE with Metabones adapter

Jim Schemel

Jim Schemel

A few more from the woods.
-Jim

Amish Walking the Path by jmschemel, on Flickr

Hocking Hills Falls Bleach Bypass by jmschemel, on Flickr

1       2       3              594