NEX Images Thread
/forum/topic/969329/593

1       2       3              593      
       595              701       702       end

peter_n
Total Posts: 839

NEX-7 with a Leica 24mm/f2.8 Elmarit. Taken a couple weeks ago in Carlingford, Co. Louth, Ireland.

Nex Barker
Total Posts: 74

Tuscany, where the Wind blows

joekraft
Total Posts: 3105

Looking at this thread gives me kind of schizophrenic feelings toward the NEX 6 I have. So many great shots, but so few are with any lenses I am likely to get.

Does anyone shoot any ZE lenses with an NEX? I am only very slowly making progress through this thread, and I haven't seen any examples yet of a ZE+NEX. FWIW, I have a 35/2 and 100/2, so that is what I would be shooting with (haven't decided to buy an adapter yet, so I have to rely on others :S).

sebboh
Total Posts: 10572

joekraft wrote:
Looking at this thread gives me kind of schizophrenic feelings toward the NEX 6 I have. So many great shots, but so few are with any lenses I am likely to get.

Does anyone shoot any ZE lenses with an NEX? I am only very slowly making progress through this thread, and I haven't seen any examples yet of a ZE+NEX. FWIW, I have a 35/2 and 100/2, so that is what I would be shooting with (haven't decided to buy an adapter yet, so I have to rely on others :S).

those lenses perform great on the NEX, but not many people use them because they are gigantic compared to the camera. btw you need one of the more expensive smart adapters if you are going to change aperture on the NEX with a ZE lens.

couple of shots with an even bigger lens on a nex-7 leica R 350/4.8:

and one with the 50 lux pre-asph wide open:

Jim Schemel
Total Posts: 4809

Sebboh,
Nice birding with the Leica 350.Not as easy as you make it look.
Jim

lumis beans
Total Posts: 213

joekraft wrote:

I use a Techart smart adapter with a ZE 35 1.4. Works well so far. The bad: the tripod mount is horrifying. It's a separate piece held on with tiny, soft, uninspiring bolts and it wobbles badly. No way would I trust it for anything but level shooting (and barely that). I'm considering doing some mill work and redo the mounting holes and hardware as soon as I'm sure there's nothing electrical in the way.

A few from the backyard.

Zeiss Vario 35-70mm

ebookman
Total Posts: 682

Nex 5n -- 2.8/35 ZM on Hawks helicoid adapter

joekraft

Nice shots! I am back and forth on which metabones adapter to get, but am leaning towards the adapter over the speed booster. I did the hold it next to the body thing, and the 35 at least would be pretty manageable. I havent compared the charts, but I think from what ive seen even a $600 adapter with a little bigger lens is a better play, for me, than the touit. The problem is that if i do get the adapter, then I have to find something 24ish, as that is my wide lens now.

sebboh wrote:
joekraft wrote:

those lenses perform great on the NEX, but not many people use them because they are gigantic compared to the camera. btw you need one of the more expensive smart adapters if you are going to change aperture on the NEX with a ZE lens.

couple of shots with an even bigger lens on a nex-7 leica R 350/4.8:

joekraft

That gotta be about like putting the 85 1.2 on it. Which, as impractical as it would be, i sure would like to try.
lumis beans wrote:
joekraft wrote:

I use a Techart smart adapter with a ZE 35 1.4. Works well so far. The bad: the tripod mount is horrifying. It's a separate piece held on with tiny, soft, uninspiring bolts and it wobbles badly. No way would I trust it for anything but level shooting (and barely that). I'm considering doing some mill work and redo the mounting holes and hardware as soon as I'm sure there's nothing electrical in the way.

A few from the backyard.

Zeiss Vario 35-70mm

sebboh

sculptormic wrote:
This one is a 5 image stich at infinity. I tryed to stich them before doing PP on each photo individually.
You see a dark vertical line above the bush. I tryed to get rid of it but it was beyond my skills in ACR. Very annoying.

this kinda thing happens to me periodically. sometimes photoshop can automatically fix vignetting and sometimes it can't.

here's one from today with the g28, seems my pre stitch corrections were't adaquate:

freaklikeme
Total Posts: 5711

Nice. I don't think I've seen the bridge from that angle. The fog hanging over the city I've seen quite often.

sebboh

freaklikeme wrote:
Nice. I don't think I've seen the bridge from that angle. The fog hanging over the city I've seen quite often.

thanks, it's taken from the parking lot of the bay area discovery museum. i redid the stitch after doing a full correction of the individual files with the flatfield plugin:

freaklikeme
Total Posts: 5711

^^^Even nicer. Is the museum worth checking out?

Another close up with the Biogon, cropped.

sebboh

freaklikeme wrote:
^^^Even nicer. Is the museum worth checking out?

if you have an under 10 child definitely. otherwise probably not, though i was quite distracted by my 2 year old so i could have missed a lot.

your flower looks quite 3d to my eye, very nice.

sculptormic
Total Posts: 1360

sebboh wrote:
sculptormic wrote:
This one is a 5 image stich at infinity. I tryed to stich them before doing PP on each photo individually.
You see a dark vertical line above the bush. I tryed to get rid of it but it was beyond my skills in ACR. Very annoying.

this kinda thing happens to me periodically. sometimes photoshop can automatically fix vignetting and sometimes it can't.

Thanks sebboh. I did not think of that.
One can of course correct the vignetting in all the files before stiching.

From yesterday evening.

sculptormic
Total Posts: 1360

Don't know why all the text is in the quote color now

omihay
Total Posts: 14

hello everyone.
awesome photos here, congratulations for your efforts.

Nex 5N + Meyer Orestor 100mm 2.8 (14 petals)

alan_m
Total Posts: 231

Family wedding, all F3 + Canon FD 35/2:

Wedding - chefs at work by specularist, on Flickr

Wedding - beauty check-up by specularist, on Flickr

Wedding - dessert by specularist, on Flickr

Wedding - emotional father by specularist, on Flickr

Wedding - dancing queen by specularist, on Flickr

Wedding - can you feel it? by specularist, on Flickr

Wedding - the morning after by specularist, on Flickr

alan_m
Total Posts: 231

Almost forgot the main attraction. :-)

Wedding - the happy couple + one by specularist, on Flickr

alwang
Total Posts: 1035

Lumis, the composition on the last shot is great. Alan, the wedding shots are excellent as well.

1       2       3              593      
       595              701       702       end