NEX Images Thread
/forum/topic/969329/590

1       2       3              590      
       592              702       703       end

philber
Total Posts: 7520

SKumar25 wrote:
Outstanding photo CoDaQue.

Sebboh, nice set, it appears the 50 lux pre asph has totally different character wide open than stopped down.

Lovely shot Jim.

+1. Exactly what I wanted to write.

Jim, while I find the picture very nice, I wonder about different composition, with the drops being maybe just a tad less low in the frame.

ebookman
Total Posts: 700

Still working through farm images. Nex 5n CV 15

LightShow
Total Posts: 5078

Super shot CoDaQue, I'd love to see a larger version, but I understand if you don't wish to.

CoDaQue
Total Posts: 101

CoDaQue wrote:

Hammer tribe, Omo Valley, Ethiopia.

NEX-5N+CV15+Lr4+Nik Color Efex

Thanks for looking!

Thank you all for the feedback, I've just arrived from Ethiopia.

I feel I need to put some distance and time before PPing the shots (I also shot a Canon 6D in tandem).

But I could not resist posting this one, I hope I did not get carried away to much in PP... !

sculptormic
Total Posts: 1415

A shop window in Lille.

ken.vs.ryu
Total Posts: 3523

Nex-7 contax 28mm speedbooster
http://sonyalphanex.blogspot.com/2013/06/nex-7-contax-28mm-distagon-speedboster.html

lumis beans
Total Posts: 214

Contax 35-70 Vario @ macro end and Silver Efex

briantho
Total Posts: 1102

CoDaQue I concur with the others, a very nice photo.

Here's a berry with the G45.

Strawberry by briantho, on Flickr

peter_n
Total Posts: 854

CoDaQue wrote: But I could not resist posting this one, I hope I did not get carried away to much in PP... !

Amazing shots in this thread, and this recent one by CoDaQue is just quite incredible!

NEX-7 with the Zeiss 50/1.8 C-Sonnar:

cputeq
Total Posts: 4719

One from a while back that I finally processed to my liking, 5N and 18-55 kit:

Bales by J L Smith, on Flickr

cputeq
Total Posts: 4719

lumis beans wrote:
Contax 35-70 Vario @ macro end and Silver Efex

Really like that first shot, well-done.

sebboh
Total Posts: 10680

g28:

sculptormic

A few from Lille, Northern france.

freaklikeme
Total Posts: 5806

I picked up a ZM Biogon 25/2.8 in a trade. It's my second go-round with the lens. I knew it was great on the 5n, but I didn't think it would be as good on the 7 and I had the Elmarit 24 ASPH by then, so I sold it. So this time around, while I was curious to see what it was like on the 7, I figured I'd end up using it a few times on the GXR and then selling it, but I was wrong. It pairs up really well with the 7. The corners aren't perfect focused for infinity, but they're better than the Elmarit and there's no color shift that I can discern in the short time I had to play with the lens before other duties called. What I love best about the Biogon is the close up performance. I like the bokeh, which is something I find tolerable at best with wides, and the low distortion is fantastic.

First is wide open, second is at f/4.

sculptormic

freaklikeme wrote:
I picked up a ZM Biogon 25/2.8 in a trade. It's my second go-round with the lens. I knew it was great on the 5n, but I didn't think it would be as good on the 7 and I had the Elmarit 24 ASPH by then, so I sold it. So this time around, while I was curious to see what it was like on the 7, I figured I'd end up using it a few times on the GXR and then selling it, but I was wrong. It pairs up really well with the 7. The corners aren't perfect focused for infinity, but they're better than the Elmarit and there's no color shift that I can discern in the short time I had to play with the lens before other duties called. What I love best about the Biogon is the close up performance. I like the bokeh, which is something I find tolerable at best with wides, and the low distortion is fantastic.

All I ever heard that it was no good on the 7. Always use it on the Ricoh GXR and never tryed it on the NEX-7.
Funny actually, one should always try oneselves and not only listen to other people
I will try it soon on the 7 because I really love the lens. One of the best out there, so clean and sharp and little distortion, perfect for photography with a lot of DOF.
I never used it for people or wide open shots only for architecture, cityscapes and landscapes.

sebboh
Total Posts: 10680

sculptormic wrote:
freaklikeme wrote:

All I ever heard that it was no good on the 7. Always use it on the Ricoh GXR and never tryed it on the NEX-7.
Funny actually, one should always try oneselves and not only listen to other people
I will try it soon on the 7 because I really love the lens. One of the best out there, so clean and sharp and little distortion, perfect for photography with a lot of DOF.
I never used it for people or wide open shots only for architecture, cityscapes and landscapes.

yeah, always got to try these things yourself. i've heard many people tell me the g28 is no good on the NEX-7 either, but i love it. some people are more sensitive to these things than others.

i've always thought the zm 25 was a great lens for the 3d look (judging by other peoples photos) and it's supposed to be one of zeiss's sharpest lenses ever. looking forward to seeing more with it.

went to the beach today where it was unusually hot (for SF). here's a 50% crop from nex-7 + nikkor 105/2.5 AIS:

who says only the x-trans sensor can produce a watercolor effect?

lumis beans
Total Posts: 214

sebboh wrote:

went to the beach today where it was unusually hot (for SF). here's a 50% crop from nex-7 + nikkor 105/2.5 AIS:

Great shimmer action. Looks like Seurat painted that "people" strip right through the middle.

Taylor Sherman
Total Posts: 1162

Wow! I can't see any color shift in that dog shot w/ the ZM25 at all. Yeah, I thought it'd have much more than that. After all, I had quite a bit of color shift with the ZM35, and I get shift with my Leica 21 and 28.

shelt
Total Posts: 253

Taylor Sherman wrote:
Wow! I can't see any color shift in that dog shot w/ the ZM25 at all. Yeah, I thought it'd have much more than that. After all, I had quite a bit of color shift with the ZM35, and I get shift with my Leica 21 and 28.

Remember, the color shift with the WA biogons is lessened dramatically at close focal lengths. Infinity is the big problem... But...it sure looks nice in these close-ups!

freaklikeme
Total Posts: 5806

sebboh wrote:

That's cool. I love what it did to Cliff House.

That happened to me to a lesser degree when I was in Aptos last year, only the air temperature was fairly cool (mid-70s at the peak of the day). So I panicked when I saw the results, thinking there was something wrong with the camera, and it was probably an hour before I thought through the fact that the sand had the sun beating down on it all day, so the surface temperature was high, even though the air temperature was mild.

1       2       3              590      
       592              702       703       end