NEX Images Thread
/forum/topic/969329/590

1       2       3              590      
591
       592              702       703       end

philber
Registered: May 21, 2008
Total Posts: 7520
Country: France

SKumar25 wrote:
Outstanding photo CoDaQue.

Sebboh, nice set, it appears the 50 lux pre asph has totally different character wide open than stopped down.

Lovely shot Jim.


+1. Exactly what I wanted to write.

Jim, while I find the picture very nice, I wonder about different composition, with the drops being maybe just a tad less low in the frame.



ebookman
Registered: Jul 15, 2012
Total Posts: 700
Country: United States

Still working through farm images. Nex 5n CV 15



LightShow
Registered: Aug 03, 2009
Total Posts: 5078
Country: Canada

Super shot CoDaQue, I'd love to see a larger version, but I understand if you don't wish to.



CoDaQue
Registered: Jul 19, 2012
Total Posts: 101
Country: Portugal

CoDaQue wrote:


Hammer tribe, Omo Valley, Ethiopia.

NEX-5N+CV15+Lr4+Nik Color Efex

Thanks for looking!


Thank you all for the feedback, I've just arrived from Ethiopia.

I feel I need to put some distance and time before PPing the shots (I also shot a Canon 6D in tandem).

But I could not resist posting this one, I hope I did not get carried away to much in PP... !



sculptormic
Registered: Feb 05, 2012
Total Posts: 1415
Country: Netherlands

A shop window in Lille.







ken.vs.ryu
Registered: Apr 24, 2005
Total Posts: 3523
Country: N/A




Nex-7 contax 28mm speedbooster
http://sonyalphanex.blogspot.com/2013/06/nex-7-contax-28mm-distagon-speedboster.html



lumis beans
Registered: Mar 15, 2007
Total Posts: 214
Country: United States

Contax 35-70 Vario @ macro end and Silver Efex



briantho
Registered: Oct 07, 2011
Total Posts: 1102
Country: Sweden

CoDaQue I concur with the others, a very nice photo.

Here's a berry with the G45.


Strawberry by briantho, on Flickr



peter_n
Registered: Nov 29, 2010
Total Posts: 854
Country: United States

CoDaQue wrote: But I could not resist posting this one, I hope I did not get carried away to much in PP... !

Amazing shots in this thread, and this recent one by CoDaQue is just quite incredible!


NEX-7 with the Zeiss 50/1.8 C-Sonnar:














cputeq
Registered: Jun 25, 2008
Total Posts: 4719
Country: United States

One from a while back that I finally processed to my liking, 5N and 18-55 kit:


Bales by J L Smith, on Flickr



cputeq
Registered: Jun 25, 2008
Total Posts: 4719
Country: United States

lumis beans wrote:
Contax 35-70 Vario @ macro end and Silver Efex


Really like that first shot, well-done.



sebboh
Registered: Nov 02, 2009
Total Posts: 10680
Country: United States

g28:











sculptormic
Registered: Feb 05, 2012
Total Posts: 1415
Country: Netherlands

A few from Lille, Northern france.

























freaklikeme
Registered: Apr 08, 2005
Total Posts: 5806
Country: United States

I picked up a ZM Biogon 25/2.8 in a trade. It's my second go-round with the lens. I knew it was great on the 5n, but I didn't think it would be as good on the 7 and I had the Elmarit 24 ASPH by then, so I sold it. So this time around, while I was curious to see what it was like on the 7, I figured I'd end up using it a few times on the GXR and then selling it, but I was wrong. It pairs up really well with the 7. The corners aren't perfect focused for infinity, but they're better than the Elmarit and there's no color shift that I can discern in the short time I had to play with the lens before other duties called. What I love best about the Biogon is the close up performance. I like the bokeh, which is something I find tolerable at best with wides, and the low distortion is fantastic.

First is wide open, second is at f/4.



sculptormic
Registered: Feb 05, 2012
Total Posts: 1415
Country: Netherlands

freaklikeme wrote:
I picked up a ZM Biogon 25/2.8 in a trade. It's my second go-round with the lens. I knew it was great on the 5n, but I didn't think it would be as good on the 7 and I had the Elmarit 24 ASPH by then, so I sold it. So this time around, while I was curious to see what it was like on the 7, I figured I'd end up using it a few times on the GXR and then selling it, but I was wrong. It pairs up really well with the 7. The corners aren't perfect focused for infinity, but they're better than the Elmarit and there's no color shift that I can discern in the short time I had to play with the lens before other duties called. What I love best about the Biogon is the close up performance. I like the bokeh, which is something I find tolerable at best with wides, and the low distortion is fantastic.

First is wide open, second is at f/4.


All I ever heard that it was no good on the 7. Always use it on the Ricoh GXR and never tryed it on the NEX-7.
Funny actually, one should always try oneselves and not only listen to other people
I will try it soon on the 7 because I really love the lens. One of the best out there, so clean and sharp and little distortion, perfect for photography with a lot of DOF.
I never used it for people or wide open shots only for architecture, cityscapes and landscapes.



sebboh
Registered: Nov 02, 2009
Total Posts: 10680
Country: United States

sculptormic wrote:
freaklikeme wrote:
I picked up a ZM Biogon 25/2.8 in a trade. It's my second go-round with the lens. I knew it was great on the 5n, but I didn't think it would be as good on the 7 and I had the Elmarit 24 ASPH by then, so I sold it. So this time around, while I was curious to see what it was like on the 7, I figured I'd end up using it a few times on the GXR and then selling it, but I was wrong. It pairs up really well with the 7. The corners aren't perfect focused for infinity, but they're better than the Elmarit and there's no color shift that I can discern in the short time I had to play with the lens before other duties called. What I love best about the Biogon is the close up performance. I like the bokeh, which is something I find tolerable at best with wides, and the low distortion is fantastic.

First is wide open, second is at f/4.


All I ever heard that it was no good on the 7. Always use it on the Ricoh GXR and never tryed it on the NEX-7.
Funny actually, one should always try oneselves and not only listen to other people
I will try it soon on the 7 because I really love the lens. One of the best out there, so clean and sharp and little distortion, perfect for photography with a lot of DOF.
I never used it for people or wide open shots only for architecture, cityscapes and landscapes.


yeah, always got to try these things yourself. i've heard many people tell me the g28 is no good on the NEX-7 either, but i love it. some people are more sensitive to these things than others.

i've always thought the zm 25 was a great lens for the 3d look (judging by other peoples photos) and it's supposed to be one of zeiss's sharpest lenses ever. looking forward to seeing more with it.

went to the beach today where it was unusually hot (for SF). here's a 50% crop from nex-7 + nikkor 105/2.5 AIS:





who says only the x-trans sensor can produce a watercolor effect?



lumis beans
Registered: Mar 15, 2007
Total Posts: 214
Country: United States

sebboh wrote:


went to the beach today where it was unusually hot (for SF). here's a 50% crop from nex-7 + nikkor 105/2.5 AIS:

who says only the x-trans sensor can produce a watercolor effect?



Great shimmer action. Looks like Seurat painted that "people" strip right through the middle.



Taylor Sherman
Registered: Mar 26, 2012
Total Posts: 1162
Country: United States

Wow! I can't see any color shift in that dog shot w/ the ZM25 at all. Yeah, I thought it'd have much more than that. After all, I had quite a bit of color shift with the ZM35, and I get shift with my Leica 21 and 28.



shelt
Registered: Apr 18, 2003
Total Posts: 253
Country: United States

Taylor Sherman wrote:
Wow! I can't see any color shift in that dog shot w/ the ZM25 at all. Yeah, I thought it'd have much more than that. After all, I had quite a bit of color shift with the ZM35, and I get shift with my Leica 21 and 28.


Remember, the color shift with the WA biogons is lessened dramatically at close focal lengths. Infinity is the big problem... But...it sure looks nice in these close-ups!



freaklikeme
Registered: Apr 08, 2005
Total Posts: 5806
Country: United States

sebboh wrote:
went to the beach today where it was unusually hot (for SF). here's a 50% crop from nex-7 + nikkor 105/2.5 AIS:

who says only the x-trans sensor can produce a watercolor effect?


That's cool. I love what it did to Cliff House.

That happened to me to a lesser degree when I was in Aptos last year, only the air temperature was fairly cool (mid-70s at the peak of the day). So I panicked when I saw the results, thinking there was something wrong with the camera, and it was probably an hour before I thought through the fact that the sand had the sun beating down on it all day, so the surface temperature was high, even though the air temperature was mild.



1       2       3              590      
591
       592              702       703       end