NEX Images Thread
/forum/topic/969329/589

1       2       3              589      
590
       591              701       702       end

taran
Registered: Mar 02, 2012
Total Posts: 368
Country: United States

Band shoot with sig 30 amongst other things...


adelerium 6.24.130039 by artistwithlight, on Flickr



sebboh
Registered: Nov 02, 2009
Total Posts: 10578
Country: United States

alwang wrote:
sebboh wrote:
wfrank wrote:
alwang wrote:
Man, I love how your mod has lowered the MFD on the G28. I still really wish someone built a helicoid adapter for Contax G.


It would have to be a quite intricate piece of mechanics as it in a very short space would need to house sort of two rings + focusing and the flange distance mechanisms. Not impossible but... intricate.


yeah, it would be very expensive too. might as well just get the m-conversion and a helicoid adapter.


Contax G actually has a longer registration distance than Leica M, and there are now a number of Leica M helicoid adapters (some for as little as $35. Personally, I'd pay as much as $90 for such an adapter)

If I did the m-conversion, I'd have to do it for all 3 of my G lenses, which would get pricey.


the problem is you need to fit both the gearing for the focus drive and the helicoid in a small space, the extra 2mm or whatever it is won't be much help. also, those cheap helicoid adapters have plastic helicoids and tend to wobble with any kind of torque. i wouldn't trust them to be able to take a flat field picture. my slightly more expensive one always induces a small amount of tilt. in order to make it work you would have to either use higher grade metals and fine machining (expensive) or expand the diameter a great deal, which would probably interfere with the grip. i don't think a $90 version of such an adapter would be worth buying. what might actually work better (and would be less fiddly to use) would be a straight up contax g to nex helicoid adapter with nothing on it to interface with the lens's own helicoid. it would be less fiddly with only one ring and the helicoid would be smoother than the geared screw drive thing on current contax g adapters. there is enough difference in the flange distances to allow infinity to reasonably close focus on all the lenses except the 90mm.



sebboh
Registered: Nov 02, 2009
Total Posts: 10578
Country: United States

couple more g28 shots:











alwang
Registered: Sep 02, 2011
Total Posts: 1035
Country: United States

sebboh wrote:


the problem is you need to fit both the gearing for the focus drive and the helicoid in a small space, the extra 2mm or whatever it is won't be much help. also, those cheap helicoid adapters have plastic helicoids and tend to wobble with any kind of torque. i wouldn't trust them to be able to take a flat field picture. my slightly more expensive one always induces a small amount of tilt. in order to make it work you would have to either use higher grade metals and fine machining (expensive) or expand the diameter a great deal, which would probably interfere with the grip. i don't think a $90 version of such an adapter would be worth buying. what might actually work better (and would be less fiddly to use) would be a straight up contax g to nex helicoid adapter with nothing on it to interface with the lens's own helicoid. it would be less fiddly with only one ring and the helicoid would be smoother than the geared screw drive thing on current contax g adapters. there is enough difference in the flange distances to allow infinity to reasonably close focus on all the lenses except the 90mm.


Sorry I wasn't clear: what you're suggesting is what I originally meant: bypass trying to link with the lens' focus mechanism altogether, and just focus entirely through a helicoid on the adapter. Should be no more complex than the Leica M helicoid adapters.



Jim Schemel
Registered: Oct 18, 2006
Total Posts: 4809
Country: United States

H.Lux wrote:
Jim Schemel wrote:
Sehfehler - Welcome to the NEX Image Thread.
These look nice.Look forward to seeing more with your C mount lenses.
-Jim

400 Takumar / NeX 7
Red Bellied Woodpecker Feeding Young by jmschemel, on Flickr


Beautiful colors, Jim. Love the pic.
The lens, is it with M42 mount? Which adapter do you use?

Thanks,
Stefan


Stefan,
thank you for your kind words.Yes it is the M42 mount and i use a M42 to nex adapter(fotodiox)
-Jim



sebboh
Registered: Nov 02, 2009
Total Posts: 10578
Country: United States

alwang wrote:
Sorry I wasn't clear: what you're suggesting is what I originally meant: bypass trying to link with the lens' focus mechanism altogether, and just focus entirely through a helicoid on the adapter. Should be no more complex than the Leica M helicoid adapters.


yeah, that makes more sense. the only problem is it probably won't provide enough throw for the g90 (not 100% sure about that will have check how much is needed for a 90mm lens).



joanlvh
Registered: Oct 19, 2008
Total Posts: 1358
Country: United States

nex 7 + 50 1.5



alwang
Registered: Sep 02, 2011
Total Posts: 1035
Country: United States

Leica 60/2.8:


nautilus by alwang, on Flickr



Jim Schemel
Registered: Oct 18, 2006
Total Posts: 4809
Country: United States

NEX 7 / Rokkor 50 @1.4
-Jim


Onion by jmschemel, on Flickr



ken.vs.ryu
Registered: Apr 24, 2005
Total Posts: 3502
Country: N/A

nex-7 + canon 135mm f/3.5 ltm







sebboh
Registered: Nov 02, 2009
Total Posts: 10578
Country: United States

rokkor 58/1.2:











ebookman
Registered: Jul 15, 2012
Total Posts: 683
Country: United States

Very late in the evening right before sunset on one of the longest days of the year. Nex 5n - Zeiss Biogen f/2.8 ZM
I will say it again. This is one incredibly sharp lens.



CoDaQue
Registered: Jul 19, 2012
Total Posts: 101
Country: Portugal



Hammer tribe, Omo Valley, Ethiopia.

NEX-5N+CV15+Lr4+Nik Color Efex

Thanks for looking!



mortyb
Registered: Feb 15, 2009
Total Posts: 1362
Country: Norway

Great shot.



sebboh
Registered: Nov 02, 2009
Total Posts: 10578
Country: United States

mortyb wrote:
Great shot.


+1

a few from the 50 lux pre-asph:
















joekraft
Registered: Apr 19, 2006
Total Posts: 3105
Country: United States

I haven't found any 24/1.8 images - how does that lens perform?



zhangyue
Registered: Jan 28, 2011
Total Posts: 2783
Country: United States

CoDaQue wrote:


Hammer tribe, Omo Valley, Ethiopia.

NEX-5N+CV15+Lr4+Nik Color Efex

Thanks for looking!


Great photo deserve a second look.



Jim Schemel
Registered: Oct 18, 2006
Total Posts: 4809
Country: United States

CoDaQue - great capture!
Sebboh - nice shots of your daughter.

-Jim

NEX 7 / Photex 35 T/S stopped down
Water Drops on Leaf by jmschemel, on Flickr



SKumar25
Registered: May 18, 2006
Total Posts: 1906
Country: Australia

Outstanding photo CoDaQue.

Sebboh, nice set, it appears the 50 lux pre asph has totally different character wide open than stopped down.

Lovely shot Jim.



Picture This!
Registered: Aug 03, 2010
Total Posts: 1929
Country: United States

CoDaQue wrote:


Hammer tribe, Omo Valley, Ethiopia.

NEX-5N+CV15+Lr4+Nik Color Efex

Thanks for looking!


What a great shot !!



1       2       3              589      
590
       591              701       702       end