NEX Images Thread
/forum/topic/969329/582

1       2       3              582      
       584              684       685       end

Taylor Sherman
Total Posts: 1579

taran - that beach shot w/ the Rokinon fisheye is awesome!

Taylor Sherman

From the Seafair airshow last weekend - with the CV 180/4

SKumar25
Total Posts: 2043

Couple with Nex 6 and Leica 35 Lux FLE:

omihay
Total Posts: 14

sebboh - great cron photo.
phillip - wonderful light in your pics.

5N + Meyer Orestor 100mm 2.8 foul around:

sholt
Total Posts: 151

Taylor -
Nice Blue Angels series! I haven't been up to Seafair for a while.

Here's a few from the southern oregon coast, near Bandon.
Nex-6, Sigma 19, CV 90/3.5

Taylor Sherman

Thanks sholt! Actually those aren't the Blue Angels, those are the Patriots. The Angels are currently grounded due to budget cuts.

Turnout for Seafair was quite low this year, and I think that had a lot to do with it.

The Patriots were excellent flyers, but a completely different class of jet than the F-18s the Angels fly. Not as fast, and not even close to as loud (which, depending on your POV, could be good or bad. For me, I love the ripping-air sound of the big jets).

Also, the weather was not very good that day, so I think that limited their routine. It was better on Sunday but I didn't watch the show then.

taran
Total Posts: 824

Taylor Sherman wrote:
Thanks sholt! Actually those aren't the Blue Angels, those are the Patriots. The Angels are currently grounded due to budget cuts.

Turnout for Seafair was quite low this year, and I think that had a lot to do with it.

The Patriots were excellent flyers, but a completely different class of jet than the F-18s the Angels fly. Not as fast, and not even close to as loud (which, depending on your POV, could be good or bad. For me, I love the ripping-air sound of the big jets).

Also, the weather was not very good that day, so I think that limited their routine. It was better on Sunday but I didn't watch the show then.

Airshows are not what they were, and perhaps never will be (stealth aircraft suck, quite frankly). So sad, probably the greatest outdoor spectacle America ever created was the McDonalds air and sea show in Ft Lauderdale.

I remember the Royal Canadian air force Snowbirds came on one year. The entire squadron wasn't as loud as a single F-14 with afterburners. The F-14 was the greatest show craft of all because it could fly so slow with its wings deployed on full afterburner in a max G turn. To see 400,000 people get singed by the heat from a pair of GE F110-400's was something else. Even after a shower I was wearing "Jet A" cologne for a good 48 hours.

taran
Total Posts: 824

@sculptormic... I think you have done a great job showing off the textural and architectural highlights of your town. The emptiness also adds a touch of post apocalysm that was also enjoyable, thanks for sharing.

sebboh
Total Posts: 12611

sholt wrote:
Here's a few from the southern oregon coast, near Bandon.
Nex-6, Sigma 19, CV 90/3.5

love the last 2!

taran wrote:
I remember the Royal Canadian air force Snowbirds came on one year. The entire squadron wasn't as loud as a single F-14 with afterburners. The F-14 was the greatest show craft of all because it could fly so slow with its wings deployed on full afterburner in a max G turn. To see 400,000 people get singed by the heat from a pair of GE F110-400's was something else. Even after a shower I was wearing "Jet A" cologne for a good 48 hours.

+1

the f-14 was always my favorite as well. always kinda wanted to witness a low supersonic pass.

Oldraven
Total Posts: 519

Last rays at Rialto Beach.

SKumar25

Couple of portraits of my daughter.

Nex 6 with 35 Lux FLE

Nex 6 with 50 Lux Asph

SKumar25

Was at Hyde Park, Sydney, and saw this elderly gentleman start dancing to the music from a nearby South American busker. Spent 10 mins watching him, he really brought a smile to my face. He had a contagious smile, was oblivious to the hustle and the bustle of the city, and brought cheer to all watching him. What a character!

Nex 6, Cron 90 AA.

philber
Total Posts: 9313

Lovely shots, skumar! The third one is my fave! I see you are shooting a Cron 90 AA. How different -or not- is it from a 75 AA, FL excepted?

Ronny Olsson
Total Posts: 5072

Great shot erveryone

Sony Nex 5R Carl Zeiss 1.4/85 ZF by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Taylor Sherman

taran wrote:

Airshows are not what they were, and perhaps never will be (stealth aircraft suck, quite frankly). So sad, probably the greatest outdoor spectacle America ever created was the McDonalds air and sea show in Ft Lauderdale.

Ah, wow. I never got to see an F-14 IRL. It was one of my favorite jets too. I went to a few airshows in the late 80s and early 90s, but haven't since (other than Seafair).

I think the loudest thing I ever heard was a B-1B on full afterburner, that was ridiculous. The concrete was vibrating.

SKumar25

Harbour bridge - Nex 6, 90 M Cron AA:

SKumar25

philber wrote:
Lovely shots, skumar! The third one is my fave! I see you are shooting a Cron 90 AA. How different -or not- is it from a 75 AA, FL excepted?

Thank you Philippe.

The 2 are a different especially in relation to rendering. The 75 is more clinical / modern, the 90 a bit more classical I'd say. This is especially the case with bokeh, and the way they transition from in focus to OOF. The 90 is more livelier, has more character, and different. The 75 more typical of modern short teles.

The other differences is that the 75 has a shorter MFD, and the 90 is a little older in design (introduced in 1998, and the 75 in 2005).

Here are the samples of the rendering from 90 AA.

Here is my daughter in front of the bridge above. Note the rendering of the boats. Note the rendering of the flags above the bridge.

Couple more examples:

mco_970
Total Posts: 5551

I like the second to last white flower, very dreamy & lovely!

joekraft
Total Posts: 3112

skumar, I am glad you posted those last two of the dancing man in that order. I read the reactions of the passersby very differently between the shots.

Nex6/Zeiss 24 1.8

Jeff Kott
Total Posts: 1601

Sorry for the cross post, but liked this one so I thought I would put it in this thread.

Touit 32 on Nex 7.

1       2       3              582      
       584              684       685       end