NEX Images Thread
/forum/topic/969329/564

1       2       3              564      
       566              715       716       end

dkerins
Total Posts: 56

There don't appear to be any screws on the black part of the adapter as you describe.. I don't think it is adjustable.

Taylor Sherman
Total Posts: 1578

Some fun with fireworks, using the SEL35F18:

DSC00739.jpg by Taylor Sherman, on Flickr

DSC00748.jpg by Taylor Sherman, on Flickr

DSC00740.jpg by Taylor Sherman, on Flickr

sebboh
Total Posts: 12605

^^ cool!

here's a few shots from the pen f 42/1.2 from this morning, all wide open:

Taylor Sherman

Thanks! I like the look of the dinosaur on that last one.

ebookman
Total Posts: 1356

This is my first experience with a tilt/shift adapter. I am still trying to figure out what it can do. This particular adapter is for Minolta MD to Nex. I am using a Rokkor-X 45mm f/2 lens. One shot is on the horizonal plane and one shot verticle. It can of course do everything in between.

joekraft
Total Posts: 3110

What would be the best option for a 24mm e-fov lens with these, do we think? I probably wouldn't buy a leica or zm lens, but I have a canon 24 L right now, so I could have some flexibility to sell/trade. I'm actually wondering if a 10-22 efs wouldn't be a good option.

sebboh

joekraft wrote:
What would be the best option for a 24mm e-fov lens with these, do we think? I probably wouldn't buy a leica or zm lens, but I have a canon 24 L right now, so I could have some flexibility to sell/trade. I'm actually wondering if a 10-22 efs wouldn't be a good option.

a speedbooster + the OM 24/2.8 might be pretty good? it's slow and a little wider, but the cv 15/4.5 is pretty awesome too.

lenticular11
Total Posts: 1313

Taylor Sherman wrote:
That's really cool. Here's a picture from yesterday, also with some heat shimmer, but due to something else:

DSC00307.jpg by Taylor Sherman, on Flickr

You can see the "chop" effect the propeller has had on the heat from the exhaust, then when it hits the wing things get fuzzy.

This is a 100% crop from a hand-held shot with the CV180 on the Nex-7.

That's a great shot!

Sorry to resurrect a photo from pages back, but I'm an irregular browser of this thread now...

...rather than the prop chopping up the flow from the exhaust stubs, what you are probably seeing is a spiral of propeller vortices being shed from the prop tips in relatively humid air. This is caused by pressure drop, hence condensation, in the vortex, the same phenomenon you get with wingtip trails (or fleeting condensation when a fighter aircraft does a high speed pass and some of the flow around the aircraft is transonic).

Taylor Sherman

joekraft wrote:

If AF is OK, and f/4 is fast enough, I would try the Sony 10-18 OSS. I think it's a pretty good deal, though I haven't owned one myself. Most reports show that it's pretty good optically, and the OSS is handy even for such a wide lens if you're taking pictures in twilight. If Zeiss hadn't announced their 12mm about a year ago I'm pretty sure I would've gotten the Sony.

Otherwise, for 24mm exactly, your options are limited. Either an SLR lens + speedbooster as sebboh mentioned, or the Sony 16mm which is so-so (though, also tiny and relatively fast at f/2.8).

freaklikeme
Total Posts: 7212

joekraft wrote:

The Canon FD 17/4 is a decent option for a good price. Very low distortion given it's focal length, decent color, very center sharp. I prefer the Minolta 17/4 for it's colors and better performance close up. CA and flare are about the same on either. Both are big, but I don't find either unreasonable on the 7.

You could always go with a 16mm fisheye and defish the shots.

partitura
Total Posts: 384

Here are a few from last week.

Two flower shots with the CY 85mm and speed booster.

Two with the Leica 24 Elmar.

I'm thinking about selling my Sony/Zeiss 24mm. Now that I have the Leica, the Sony/Zeiss just sits there unused.

philber
Total Posts: 9313

I couldn't agree more, Partitura. The Leica 24 is just such a joy on the NEX. BTW, if you mount it on a helicoid, you can get a rally short MFD and do amazing flower/close-up shots. Regarding your pics, 1&3 are my favorites

dkerins
Total Posts: 56

Thanks for your reply Sebboh. It confirms my suspicions. The adapter works fine and I can live with the off-kilter alignment.

partitura
Total Posts: 384

Thanks, Philippe. I really should get the helicoid adapter. It would be great to have a shorter MFD.

philber

Partitura, this is the sort of detail I get from my 24 with Hawks'. Obviously, it is a severe crop, but still. The second one (just cropped to throw away a bit of useless background) gives you a fair idea of how close you can get. Remember, that flower is not huge...:-)

sculptormic
Total Posts: 2582

Some flowers.

philber

Lovely shots, Michiel! If only you didn't actively enjoy this sort of funky bokeh!

Taylor Sherman

I like it :-) especially the second picture.

sebboh

yeah, i definitely like the swirls in both those shots.

50 lux pre-asph wide open:

and at f/11:

perost
Total Posts: 52

Two photos from a recent visit to Kolmården zoo, the first with the Contax 50/1.7 @ f2.8, the second with the SEL18200 @ 137mm/f6.3 (aka "why did I leave the Jena 135/3.5 at home?" :P).

And some forget-me-nots with the Contax S-Planar 60/2.8 @ f5.6 and 1:1 magnification.

1       2       3              564      
       566              715       716       end