555              686       687       end

Jim Schemel
Total Posts: 4739

NEX 7 / Photex Tilt Shift Nikon Mount.
-Jim

Old Man Walking by jmschemel, on Flickr

ebookman
Total Posts: 483

NEX 5N Today I was shooting with the G90 2.8 wide open.

sculptormic
Total Posts: 1093

Departure

philber
Total Posts: 7212

ebookman, I hate you. You series on the sewing machine is just the sort of thing I have been trying to do for years and failing miserably at. Your last shot is wonderful!
Michiel, I hate you too, and exactly for the same reason. How dare you succeed where I fail Your second picture is brilliant!

SirJon
Total Posts: 36

@wfrank @michael49

thank you guys

sculptormic
Total Posts: 1093

Thanks Philipe That's the advantage of a zoom lens; framing. No cropping just a little barrel correction for the horizontal line under.

taran
Total Posts: 291

Wow, everything in the last two pages is incredible. I have my favorites, of course, but I'm really thinking the best photos I am seeing online right now happen to be coming from the NEX platform.

joevain
Total Posts: 26

Couple with the Heliar, thought id see how it holds up against some strong direct lights.

bridge-1 by joe_vain, on Flickr

bridge-2 by joe_vain, on Flickr

alwang
Total Posts: 963

edwardkaraa wrote:
Thank you very much Matt for the very important info. I will be getting the Voigtlander adapter since the dealer is just a couple of blocks from where I live. I hope my 35/2 will have less color shift than the 35/2.8 due to the less compact design, but I may be wrong on this one.

I'd definitely recommend getting one of the M adapters with a focusing helicoid, like the Hawk's adapter. The Hawk's is built quite well, and the improvement in MFD really opens up how you can use rangefinder lenses.

plasticmotif
Total Posts: 833

taran wrote:
Wow, everything in the last two pages is incredible. I have my favorites, of course, but I'm really thinking the best photos I am seeing online right now happen to be coming from the NEX platform.

What attracted me to this forum in the first place is the quality of shooters. I look at all the other subforums here and there is quality in each of them. The Alternative forum, NEX Thread and Zeiss Thread especially, has amazing photography. The Landscape forum is the same.

alan_m
Total Posts: 231

@ Srhphoto - Tokina 300 is impressively sharp - handheld or mono/tripod?

Lots of great stuff here recently!

NEX-f3 + MC Rokkor-x PG 50/1.4 (I'd somehow forgotten how nice its bokeh can be):

Flowers by specularist, on Flickr

darrellc
Total Posts: 385

Nex 7 with ZM 35/2 Biogon. Sold both a while ago, but was going thru older pictures and b&w shots with this combo really stood out!

About To Take Flight by DarrellC, on Flickr

Hands 2 by DarrellC, on Flickr

sebboh
Total Posts: 9668

40 cron:

g28:

Jim Schemel
Total Posts: 4739

A few from a recent trip to NYC
-Jim

NEX 7 / Vivitar 13

NEX 7 / Photex T/S

uscmatt99
Total Posts: 315

Some photos from the Phoenix Zoo. NEX-6, Voigtlander 90/3.5 SL-II, all at f/3.5 or f/5.6

uscmatt99
Total Posts: 315

alwang wrote:
edwardkaraa wrote:
Thank you very much Matt for the very important info. I will be getting the Voigtlander adapter since the dealer is just a couple of blocks from where I live. I hope my 35/2 will have less color shift than the 35/2.8 due to the less compact design, but I may be wrong on this one.

I'd definitely recommend getting one of the M adapters with a focusing helicoid, like the Hawk's adapter. The Hawk's is built quite well, and the improvement in MFD really opens up how you can use rangefinder lenses.

I got a Hawk's knock-off on ebay. It was around $35 USD, and the build is terrible. All thin aluminum, very loosey-goosey as the helicoid extends out to the point there was wobble. It was a springless friction mount, and I also made the mistake of rotating the lens the wrong way to get it off, such that the lens mount dug into the aluminum and scraped off the black paint. That said, it was really cool seeing what the ZM25/2.8 could do with close focus. The detail was ridiculous. I'm considering going all in and getting a Hawk's.

mawz
Total Posts: 7282

Private Property by Mawz, on Flickr
NEX-7, ZA E 24/1.8

Jacob D
Total Posts: 1757

uscmatt99 wrote:
alwang wrote:
edwardkaraa wrote:

I got a Hawk's knock-off on ebay. It was around $35 USD, and the build is terrible. All thin aluminum, very loosey-goosey as the helicoid extends out to the point there was wobble. It was a springless friction mount, and I also made the mistake of rotating the lens the wrong way to get it off, such that the lens mount dug into the aluminum and scraped off the black paint. That said, it was really cool seeing what the ZM25/2.8 could do with close focus. The detail was ridiculous. I'm considering going all in and getting a Hawk's.

Matt, nice cacti. The Voigt 90 is a super sharp little lens. Was the adapater you got by any chance the "L.M.E." one? I have been doing some research on it and have heard some similar comments.

alwang
Total Posts: 963

sebboh wrote:
g28:

This one cracks me up. My 20-month-old would be doing less studying and more gobbling.

ISO1600
Total Posts: 4388

Barker, that running dude shot is awesome!

1       2       3              553      
       555              686       687       end