NEX Images Thread
/forum/topic/969329/552

1       2       3              552      
       554              703       704       end

ukkisavosta
Total Posts: 418

Some good images on this page. Jacob D, I like your rock shot and road shot; plasticmotif, great panos.

Long time no post, but with the flat and monotonous winter receding, I decided to snap some quick ones from the yard with the C3 + Helios 58mm f/2. These are slightly stopped down (2.8 or 4). Wish summer was here already.

Spring forward 1 by JaakkoHeikkila, on Flickr

Spring forward 2 by JaakkoHeikkila, on Flickr

Ply by JaakkoHeikkila, on Flickr

Jaakko

Tokigor
Total Posts: 54

Nex 3 with Minolta MC 35mm 1.8 wide open

ulrikft2
Total Posts: 2102

Sony nex-7 + contax-g 45/2 and sigma 19/2.8:

edwardkaraa
Total Posts: 7582

uscmatt99 wrote:
edwardkaraa wrote:
Great photos everyone!

I have a question though. I have been considering the Nex 6 for a while but unsure about the corner performance with my ZM wides. Would very much appreciate your opinion

Edward,

I've been using the NEX-6 with the ZM 25/2.8, ZM 35/2.8, CV 15/4.5 and CV35/1.2. Both Biogons have a little bit of smearing and faint color shift compared to the GXR. The CV15 has more than I expected, to the point I stopped shooting all of the snowy Michigan scenes with it on the NEX-6, it just remains on the GXR. The CV 35/1.2 is flawless with edge to edge corner sharpness and no color shift.

I had bad luck with cheaper adapters, and went through a few before just spending a bit more for a Fotodiox Pro adapter. Cheap ones either didn't reach infinity or were not entirely parallel to the sensor plane. I think the best one is probably the Voigtlander one because the release tab is so low profile, many of them will dig into your right middle finger. I can't remember, but I don't think I've seen you do much on a tripod. Regardless, the palm grip from Jim Buchanan has really made the camera more comfortable for me to shoot with, especially with heavier lenses mounted. It's got an Arca-Swiss base built into it as well, which I use all the time.

Thank you very much Matt for the very important info. I will be getting the Voigtlander adapter since the dealer is just a couple of blocks from where I live. I hope my 35/2 will have less color shift than the 35/2.8 due to the less compact design, but I may be wrong on this one.

philber
Total Posts: 7528

Edward, I had a Voigtländer adapter and, while it was definitely very good, I cannot say that it was better than my Novoflex, which I like even a bit better.
Regarding trouble with the ZM 35 f:2.0, it is marginal on the NEX 7, so you should be fine, by my reckoning, on the 6. Have fun!

CronoDL
Total Posts: 128

Here's some recent ones.

The first one is taken with a Nikon Series E 50mm 1.8 mounted on a Metabones Speed Booster.

Rainy Day by DannyLamNYC, on Flickr

This one is taken with the E Mount 16mm 2.8

On the Brooklyn Bridge by DannyLamNYC, on Flickr

philber

Really like your second shot, Danny! Very interesting use of B&W

xbarcelo
Total Posts: 578

NEX 3+kit lens from quite a while back

Nex Barker
Total Posts: 80

Lots of wonderful shots on the last pages

perost
Total Posts: 50

It's been a while since I posted something, so here's a few comments on the last pages:
Jacob D, lots of great photos. I really like the composition and colors in your last photo (the one with the road).
twelveish, I like the whole airport set. I think the first one is my favourite, with the shadowed man.
sculptormic, great portraits!
Tokigor, I like the clean and fresh feeling in your photo. Lovely colors.
ulrikft2, great composition in that second photo!

I've got a new lens, an aus Jena 135/3.5 manufactured sometime between 1967 and 1970 according to the serial nr. I got it cheap because the focusing was stiff and grinding. Took it apart yesterday, greased it properly and spent ages assembling it again. I've seen instructions for repairing a CZJ 135/3.5 and thought the aus Jena would be similar, but the aus Jena has a preset aperture and a mechanism for opening up the aperture to compensate when focusing closer that took some time to figure out. But miraculously it now works fine, so here's a couple of photos from it. All of them wide open with no hood (waiting on one from ebay).

srhphoto
Total Posts: 115

Sony NEX-7 + Tokina 300mm f2.8 AT-X SD in Canon FD mount.

HSHC_140413_DSC01925 by srhphoto, on Flickr

HSHC_140413_DSC01121 by srhphoto, on Flickr

Cheers,

Simon.

sebboh
Total Posts: 10680

Nex Barker wrote:

awesome shot!

philber

sebboh wrote:
Nex Barker wrote:

awesome shot!

+1! Awesome indeed!

Nex Barker
Total Posts: 80

@ sebboh
@ philber

Thanks

wfrank
Total Posts: 2970

SirJon wrote:
been a while since the last post...

nex 5n g28

Superb SirJon. As is #3 on that page.

michael49
Total Posts: 5437

SirJon wrote:
nex 5n kit lens

Nice!

plasticmotif
Total Posts: 907

Spent the entire day shooting yesterday. I got about 25 keepers. So, sorry for the deluge!

Tokina 90

G45

Rokkor 58/1.2

Rokkor 58/1.2

After shooting the shot above, I heard a rustle and check out what landed right in front of us...He had been circling previously. I changed lenses and he moved.

CV15

(Need to work on the color on this one, I think)

uscmatt99
Total Posts: 333

NEX-6, CV 90/3.5 SLII

sculptormic
Total Posts: 1422

Grandson

sebboh
Total Posts: 10680

rokkor MC PF 135/2.8:

2 image stitch with the 40 cron:

1       2       3              552      
       554              703       704       end