NEX Images Thread
/forum/topic/969329/544

1       2       3              544      
       546              684       685       end

adymitruk
Total Posts: 6

The crispy Sigma 19mm. The best $100 I spent on my NEX-7. This is OOC. My settings have saturation and contrast at -1 and sharpness at +2.

ebookman
Total Posts: 1356

adymitruk wrote:
The crispy Sigma 19mm. The best $100 I spent on my NEX-7. This is OOC. My settings have saturation and contrast at -1 and sharpness at +2.

That almost makes me want an automatic lens. That is amazingly sharp!
Here are a few shots from the yard this afternoon. Nex 7 with Carl Zeiss Jena 135mm f/3.5 at 5.6 The final shot was taken with a Leica Elmar 50mm f/2.8 and a Fotodiox focusing mount.

Jim Schemel
Total Posts: 4931

I agree for the price those Sigma / Nex lenses look like a great value.
-Jim

NEX 7 / Photex Tilt / Shift

ebookman

Jim Schemel wrote:
-Jim

Jim. educate me. I see you have a tilt shift lens but I really don't know much about them apart from the surreal pictures I have seen coming from them. They apparently are designed to serve a function in architectural photography. What is it? In this picture did you alter the perspective or the DOF or both? The Picture is great. What part did the tilt/shift play? What was the goal and what were you able to do that would not have been possible before?
-Dale

freaklikeme
Total Posts: 7226

Shift allows for in-lens perspective correction and can simplify panos. Tilt adjusts the plane of focus, and I believe that's what Jim employed here. He was able to point the camera up to frame his subject and use the tilt to maintain great depth on the subject without have to resort to a diffraction-inducing small aperture.

mcbroomf
Total Posts: 3577

Here's another image taken with a T/S adapter using an 18mm Distagon on Nex5N, tilted to do the same as Jim's.

Mike

ISO1600
Total Posts: 5097

_DSC1263 by Chris.jpg, on Flickr

_DSC1320 by Chris.jpg, on Flickr

_DSC1303 by Chris.jpg, on Flickr

Jim Schemel
Total Posts: 4931

ebookman wrote:
Jim Schemel wrote:
-Jim

Jim. educate me. I see you have a tilt shift lens but I really don't know much about them apart from the surreal pictures I have seen coming from them. They apparently are designed to serve a function in architectural photography. What is it? In this picture did you alter the perspective or the DOF or both? The Picture is great. What part did the tilt/shift play? What was the goal and what were you able to do that would not have been possible before?
-Dale

Dale,
to be honest i am still learning about these lenses my self and i have had little time to use it.In the shot above it allowed me to get the composition that i wanted from where i was holding the camera, without the shift it would have been a much more centered image.As i said i am still learning what the possibilities are with the lens myself

briantho
Total Posts: 1122

A few minutes ago... Canon FD 300/2.8

Sunset by briantho, on Flickr

Sunset by briantho, on Flickr

sculptormic
Total Posts: 2588

I am not much of a sunset guy myself, although I do them myself now en then , but that first one is really nice briantho!

This is the captain's Saint Bernhard on a boattrip today.

wfrank
Total Posts: 3219

Just got myself a good reason to try the Contax G 21/2.8 on the NEX (5N). It's not a perfect lens (far corners) but it's very capable overall.

Old railroad bridge

Huge krankenhaus on Södermalm

Another day, lots of rain

mcbroomf
Total Posts: 3577

Great shots on this page, some more flowers
The rhododendrons are rampant this year;
5N/10-18mm

5N (maybe a 28/2 Kiron)

Mike

sculptormic

Some more shot from the boat.

(This lens starts to vignet at the tele side, which I corrected)

ebookman

Bright colors and interesting places. Great page! Great shots and some nice lenses also.
These shots are from a walk in the woods this afternoon. All taken with Nex 7 and Minolta Zoom MD 35-70. I know I am right on the edge of HDR here but nothing else would make the detail stand out in this high contrast setting of almost four f/stops range.

LightShow
Total Posts: 5893

Jim Schemel wrote:
ebookman wrote:
Jim Schemel wrote:
-Jim

-Dale

Dale,
to be honest i am still learning about these lenses my self and i have had little time to use it.In the shot above it allowed me to get the composition that i wanted from where i was holding the camera, without the shift it would have been a much more centered image.As i said i am still learning what the possibilities are with the lens myself

Some info here:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/focusing-ts.shtml
A bit more here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perspective_control_lens
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilt–shift_photography
Miniaturization samples:
http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/11/16/beautiful-examples-of-tilt-shift-photography/

Emacs
Total Posts: 183

5N + Lux 50 asph

wfrank
Total Posts: 3219

Interesting shots Emacs.

A Volvo P1800 with NEX 5N and Contax G 21/2.8

sculptormic

When I was a boy of eight I once set in the narrow back of this car, a white one, with a famous Dutch painter and one of his paintings. He was going to change his painting for a compleet new Bruynzeel kitchen. And he did!

An architectural shots with the Tessar and Speedbooster.

philber
Total Posts: 9313

Totally thrilling shot, Wilhelm! A wall-hanger! Maybe, just maybe, consider cropping a bit off the bottom?
Brilliant, Michiel! Just the sort of shot I've tried many times and failed at...

sculptormic

And two with flags.

1       2       3              544      
       546              684       685       end