NEX Images Thread
/forum/topic/969329/543

1       2       3              543      
544
       545              702       703       end

taran
Registered: Mar 02, 2012
Total Posts: 383
Country: United States

I picked up the sig 30 after all the nice images here. Its a beautiful little piece. With a vented hood it looks pretty sweet on NEX 7 to boot.


delray 3.25.134069 by artistwithlight, on Flickr



lumis beans
Registered: Mar 15, 2007
Total Posts: 214
Country: United States

taran wrote:
I picked up the sig 30 after all the nice images here. Its a beautiful little piece. With a vented hood it looks pretty sweet on NEX 7 to boot.




I'm thinking I'll pick it up, too. I have the 19mm already. The pair (19mm and 30mm) is back on sale for $200 at B&H right now. Anyone need the 19 and want to split the set with me?





mawz
Registered: Sep 11, 2005
Total Posts: 8108
Country: Canada


Wasp by Mawz, on Flickr
NEX-7, Micro-Nikkor 85/3.5 DX VR



sebboh
Registered: Nov 02, 2009
Total Posts: 10680
Country: United States

more experimenting with the sigma 19mm. i still hate the sony controls with native lenses, but things seem to work best when i turn off AF and MF assist.








partitura
Registered: Aug 22, 2008
Total Posts: 321
Country: United States

Taylor - I really like the CV15 image on the previous page.
Phillip - stunning images. How do you hold that lens so steady??
Ceder - Beautiful cathedral. What did you use for the B&W conversion?

Here are a few taken in the last couple of weeks, thankfully not shot from a moving platform through a dirty window like on the previous page. All Nex 7 and Leica 24mm Elmar.





































sebboh
Registered: Nov 02, 2009
Total Posts: 10680
Country: United States

c e d e r wrote:
I have a converted cam, for infrared - and with the, is it 780nm?, filter, there is not much color left... But usually I just use the sliders in LR.

And like your stuff as well!

Cheers!


sweet! where'd you get it done?



alwang
Registered: Sep 02, 2011
Total Posts: 1045
Country: United States

I like these Sigma 19 shots, Sebboh and Loomis. I was thinking about adding an alt 28mm to my a850 kit, for stopped down landscapes, but the more I'm thinking about it, I'm not sure I can find a 28mm full frame lens that will beat the Sigma 19/NEX combo for less than $800-900.



Jacob D
Registered: Mar 30, 2009
Total Posts: 1757
Country: United States

sebboh wrote:
more experimenting with the sigma 19mm. i still hate the sony controls with native lenses, but things seem to work best when i turn off AF and MF assist.


My Sigma 19 has been collecting dust, mainly because of the controls/handling. It's probably a little more manageable with a touchscreen... but the MF experience with AF lenses on the NEX is fairly annoying.

Nice stuff by the way. I've been pretty impressed from what I've seen of the 19 and 30 posted here. I feel like I should grab the 30 also.



Jacob D
Registered: Mar 30, 2009
Total Posts: 1757
Country: United States

partitura wrote:
Here are a few taken in the last couple of weeks, thankfully not shot from a moving platform through a dirty window like on the previous page. All Nex 7 and Leica 24mm Elmar.


These are very nice. The last is my favorite.



sebboh
Registered: Nov 02, 2009
Total Posts: 10680
Country: United States

Jacob D wrote:
sebboh wrote:
more experimenting with the sigma 19mm. i still hate the sony controls with native lenses, but things seem to work best when i turn off AF and MF assist.


My Sigma 19 has been collecting dust, mainly because of the controls/handling. It's probably a little more manageable with a touchscreen... but the MF experience with AF lenses on the NEX is fairly annoying.

Nice stuff by the way. I've been pretty impressed from what I've seen of the 19 and 30 posted here. I feel like I should grab the 30 also.


yeah, controls are why i've not been using it much, perhaps i just need to spend more time with it. neither AF nor focus zoom are useful for quick focusing on a moving target, but manual focus was pretty usable even for chasing my daughter when i turned off the auto focus assist. if only i could set a minimum shutter speed for auto iso with auto aperture lens.

oh, if you want a sigma 30 i can sell you mine. i've just shot a few test shots with it and will always choose the g28 over it.

couple more with the sigma 19mm:






xbarcelo
Registered: Nov 04, 2010
Total Posts: 573
Country: Spain

very nice images, Partitura and Sebboh.
Some more from Berlin and Leipzig:

CV 12






Kit lens 18-55













sholt
Registered: Jan 08, 2012
Total Posts: 64
Country: Korea, South

sebboh wrote:
Jacob D wrote:
sebboh wrote:
more experimenting with the sigma 19mm. i still hate the sony controls with native lenses, but things seem to work best when i turn off AF and MF assist.


My Sigma 19 has been collecting dust, mainly because of the controls/handling. It's probably a little more manageable with a touchscreen... but the MF experience with AF lenses on the NEX is fairly annoying.

Nice stuff by the way. I've been pretty impressed from what I've seen of the 19 and 30 posted here. I feel like I should grab the 30 also.


yeah, controls are why i've not been using it much, perhaps i just need to spend more time with it. neither AF nor focus zoom are useful for quick focusing on a moving target, but manual focus was pretty usable even for chasing my daughter when i turned off the auto focus assist. if only i could set a minimum shutter speed for auto iso with auto aperture lens.

oh, if you want a sigma 30 i can sell you mine. i've just shot a few test shots with it and will always choose the g28 over it.

couple more with the sigma 19mm:



Though it's not nearly as nice as a good MF lens, I find the sigma 19 to be the best focus by wire of the native e- mount lenses i've tried. The 30 I find to be a little sticky. The sony lenses are annoying in that they take way too much travel of the focus ring to get through the range. I suppose that might be good for macro work, but otherwise it's a pain. A revised firmware which allowed a custom focus ring "gain" would be nice.



sholt
Registered: Jan 08, 2012
Total Posts: 64
Country: Korea, South

Queensland.
Damage from tropical cyclone Oswald.
Sigma 30 and Sony 50




















ebookman
Registered: Jul 15, 2012
Total Posts: 698
Country: United States

partitura wrote:

Here are a few taken in the last couple of weeks, thankfully not shot from a moving platform through a dirty window like on the previous page. All Nex 7 and Leica 24mm Elmar.

I would be really easy to love that 24mm Elmar, Great images on the past few pages everyone. I have been out wandering in the Arizona desert. Here are a few shots taken near ancient cliff dwellings. All taken with Nex 5N and CV 15 or G 28.



mawz
Registered: Sep 11, 2005
Total Posts: 8108
Country: Canada


Winter's Bench by Mawz, on Flickr
NEX-7, Nikkor 50/1.8 AI



uscmatt99
Registered: Jan 18, 2012
Total Posts: 333
Country: United States

CV 35/1.2












ZM 35/2.8












Nex Barker
Registered: Feb 08, 2013
Total Posts: 79
Country: Germany

Some Shots with Nex 7 and CV 15

Trusted Places I - II



Nex Barker
Registered: Feb 08, 2013
Total Posts: 79
Country: Germany

Trusted Places III -IV


Nex 7, CV 15



plasticmotif
Registered: Sep 23, 2010
Total Posts: 894
Country: United States

Very nice. Showing off why I love the Voigt 15 so much. It has presence.



ebookman
Registered: Jul 15, 2012
Total Posts: 698
Country: United States

Here are two more of Arizona with the Nex 5N and Voigtlander 21mm F4 Color Skopar at F16



1       2       3              543      
544
       545              702       703       end