Fuji X100
/forum/topic/938409/0

2       3              5       6       end

nikt
Total Posts: 6025

I know it's not a Nikon mount, but given the history of the tow companies, this camera would have been fantastic with interchangeble Nikkors.

Anyone here consider this camera? What do you reckon Nikon will release?

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1009/10091910fujifilmx100.asp

I love this!

mfletch
Total Posts: 1461

Beautiful retro styling.

nikt

Fixed lens unfortunately.

luminosity
Total Posts: 4002

Wow. It looks terrific, and dare I say... beautiful.

What's wrong with a fixed lens? Bring it on! I might go for one of these. I bet these end up being used in weddings all over the place. Not as a main camera, but certainly for a different look or for a second shooter.

jmcfadden
Total Posts: 30242

luminosity wrote:
Wow. It looks terrific, and dare I say... beautiful.

What's wrong with a fixed lens? Bring it on! I might go for one of these.

yeah , neato camera for sure , perhaps they should even leverage it with a special jpeg engine with the S2 type "look"?

J

mfletch
Total Posts: 1461

I assumed it had an interchangeble mount at first. It still looks great even with the 23/2 fixed lens. I'd be OK with the fixed lens, if Fuji can manage near DSLR focusing.

Jammy Straub
Total Posts: 6869

Well that's certainly unexpected. Looks nice!

abam
Total Posts: 4201

lovely. depending on the output, and if fuji wants to imitate leica pricing as well, this might be a great little walkaround.

svenjosh
Total Posts: 89

Every fixed focal length APC sensor cam including the likes of Sigma DP1 and Leica X1 have been plagued by focus problems. They can neither AF fast nor can you MF easily. hope this breaks the trend. I am for sure interested.

Svenjosh

Mister Bean
Total Posts: 593

Ooh, this thing looks great. It's unfortunate that it doesn't have interchangeable lenses, but i can live with 35mm. They may have just made the replacement for the F31fd.

Kit Laughlin
Total Posts: 3546

Very nice. OTOH, if I buy *another* compact (have the S90, the GF-1, had the LX-3, and the LX-5 is waiting at home as I type this) I might be dead by nightfall tomorrow.

Very very nice looking, for sure.

loudtiger
Total Posts: 1648

How much?? When?

nikt

Hey Kit.

Me too!! But look at it. It's hot.

ytwong
Total Posts: 1542

I hope fuji will make a M43

ytwong
Total Posts: 1542

and from my experience, Fuji 's lens for compact cameras has quite a bit of purple fringing and CA.
Every fixed focal length APC sensor cam including the likes of Sigma DP1 and Leica X1 have been plagued by focus problems. They can neither AF fast nor can you MF easily.
they claim their recent F300EXR compact has fast AF with their phase detection(on main sensor) + contrast detection hybrid focus so maybe the same could be applied to X100?

galenapass
Total Posts: 3928

Wow. That's the first interesting camera I have seen in a long time. Thanks for posting.

Sambru
Total Posts: 749

It looks very nice. Too bad I just picked up an LX3 Panasonic

Pavel
Total Posts: 4973

I surely don' mind the fixed lens ... I kind of like that actually. If the shutter lag is good ... I will buy one no matter the price. What a gutsy move on Fuji's part!

Now ... why can't Nikon go back to its roots and offer something similar in an up-to-date rangefinder?

Ed Sawyer
Total Posts: 2198

The fixed lens is the best part about this camera. (too many wankerish compact zooms already, no need for more of that rubbish).

-Ed

luminosity
Total Posts: 4002

One key difference between this and Sigma's DP cameras is that the X-100 appears to have both optical and electronic viewfinder capability. The DPs are electronic only, as are the Olympus Es.

2       3              5       6       end