Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/4192

1       2       3              4192      
       4194              4238       4239       end

Pinarello65
Total Posts: 352

RicHammond wrote:
Curtis posted that 85mm that is located in Japan. I've been leery of purchasing from outside the U.S.

Seriously there is nothing to worry about buying from Japan. I have bought about 4 of my MF lenses from Japan and in my opinion you generally get better quality at the same price points. I have the same experience with Korea. On every occasion the seller communicated with me, was polite and keen to deliver asap. When I bought my 50mm 1.2, not only was the lens in near mint condition, but he also just tossed in a wide "nikon pro" strap as a gift and included a kind hand written note of thanks and wishing me much enjoyment with the lens. That wont happen every time of course, but overall my experiences have been all positive. Right now i have a 'pristine mint' 35 1.4 en route from Korea and mint 24 2.8 and 105 2.5 ais en route from japan via EMS express mail service, eta to Australia about 4 days. Postage all in the region $20-$25 or free. Japan is my preferred source, from the home of Nikon!

Carl

rattymouse
Total Posts: 4618

A Chinese and Canadian pair of warships, docked on the Huangpu River, Shanghai.

Nikon FM2n w/85mm f/2.0 lens on Fujifilm Acros film.

georgms
Total Posts: 3399

leighton w wrote:
I was the only bidder on a 85mm f1.4 AIS for 400 bucks!

I feel like Ray when he finds those deals.

Congrats, Leighton

Ken Hill
Total Posts: 504

The past few days have been a roller coaster with good news and bad. I made a buddy in the hospital who had lost two legs to diabetes and we were the kings of rehab. No SLACKERS was our motto. We kept in touch every couple days and on the 22nd his phone went to voicemail. I learned Saturday that he had a heart attack and died the week before. "Dex" was 52 and a steak chef for Lakeland's Famous Red Bar, who cooked for among others, Tom Selleck, George Bush, Tammy Wynette and Geroge Jones and about every sitting Governor..

I went to the pool yesterday for the first time. I have full weight bearing on my right ankle so now the fun starts. With no one around to call me "slacker" I swam 75 yards with some effort. Very disappointing since my cave dives would require me to swim two miles and not break a sweat. The basic exercise though is to walk in the water. Water displace about 62 lbs. /29k of your body weight per cubic foot/ 28 liters of waters. So in effect at 200 lbs/90k I weigh 70% of that in 3'/1m water and 20% of that in 5'. Trying to coordinate the moves and get good balance.

A picture of my pool and my new track.

While looking for the shot I found a truck to go with Jay's car a few pages back. Life must go on!

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5085

leighton w wrote:
I was the only bidder on a 85mm f1.4 AIS for 400 bucks!

I feel like Ray when he finds those deals.

Way to go Leighton! You can't beat that deal. I can't wait to see your photos with that lens!!!

georgms
Total Posts: 3399

Steve, I like your "mono"-set with the 55/1.2 a lot.

Joseph, the flare (or ghosting) works great on your dry-river-shot. The same image without flare would look almost too perfect/clean for my taste.

Tom, again very nice shots from Shanghai - how do you like the 20/2.8 compared to the 24/2?

raboof
Total Posts: 1480

16mm f3.5 with the AI ring that I got from Jose

Stokesey
Total Posts: 778

Thanks for all the likes and comments guys ...

Here are just a couple more from the 55mm f1.2

I liked the window being dirty and the building being abandoned, as in a Forgotten Space.

The Royal Institute for British Architects exhibition and competition seems to have moved on ...

0990c RIBA window mono by Steve of phnart, on Flickr

And I thought a pano would work of the Harris Library and Museum in monochrome.... from the 55mm

So without further ado ...

Harris Library Museum c mono by Steve of phnart, on Flickr

Both are converted in SEP2 ... I really don't use that plug-in enough ... it is a wonderful tool

Steve

MDoc9523

raboof wrote:
16mm f3.5 with the AI ring that I got from Jose

Nice shots Chuong. The 16mm AI factory ring was originally mine. I sold it to Jose a while back because it was the wrong one for mine and It was the last one I could find in the U.S. I am so glad that it stayed in the "family"

leighton w
Total Posts: 9279

Thanks Georg and Ray!

Ken, sorry to hear about your friend, what a shame.

raboof
Total Posts: 1480

Yeah.. I am glad that he let it go. I made the mod to my non-ai ring but I didn't like that it's "modified"

Quick one from up here.

Ken Hill
Total Posts: 504

leighton w wrote:
Thanks Georg and Ray!

Ken, sorry to hear about your friend, what a shame.

Thanks

craigjohn
Total Posts: 143

RicHammond wrote:
Curtis posted that 85mm that is located in Japan. I've been leery of purchasing from outside the U.S.

What are the typical fees/duties? How about from Canada?

Thanks,

Great shots everyone. Digging the Yosemite and car shots. This is to hard to catch up.

The Df gets returned tomorrow for a full refund so I'll be on the hunt again.

I bought (won) one lens from Japan, a 50mm f/2-H for $45. One bid, the only bid, and it arrived within 10 days. I actually didn't even know I bid on a lens from Japan until I received the tracking number and noticed it was being shipped Japan.

So I really don't have much reservations about buying from Japan. Not sure I'd buy from North Korea, though.

bobbelbob
Total Posts: 36

@raboof

Awesome shot with the 16mm on the pond with the birds flying. I really like that one!

Here is another one with my 35mm f/2.0 ais last night.

@f/11 and 5 sek

Bicycle by Kristian Hagelin, on Flickr

Fpessolano
Total Posts: 250

bobbelbob wrote:
@raboof

Awesome shot with the 16mm on the pond with the birds flying. I really like that one!

@f/11 and 5 sek

I love this type of shots! Well done.

bobbelbob
Total Posts: 36

Fpessolano wrote:
bobbelbob wrote:
@raboof

@f/11 and 5 sek

I love this type of shots! Well done.

Thanks a lot!! Its getting darker earlier in the northern hemisphere now, which means that it is a lot easier to shoot pics like this, and its not necessary to stay upp all night for this :-)

Oosty
Total Posts: 4036

Ken Hill wrote:
The past few days have been a roller coaster with good news and bad. I made a buddy in the hospital who had lost two legs to diabetes and we were the kings of rehab. No SLACKERS was our motto. We kept in touch every couple days and on the 22nd his phone went to voicemail. I learned Saturday that he had a heart attack and died the week before. "Dex" was 52 and a steak chef for Lakeland's Famous Red Bar, who cooked for among others, Tom Selleck, George Bush, Tammy Wynette and Geroge Jones and about every sitting Governor..

I went to the pool yesterday for the first time. I have full weight bearing on my right ankle so now the fun starts. With no one around to call me "slacker" I swam 75 yards with some effort. Very disappointing since my cave dives would require me to swim two miles and not break a sweat. The basic exercise though is to walk in the water. Water displace about 62 lbs. /29k of your body weight per cubic foot/ 28 liters of waters. So in effect at 200 lbs/90k I weigh 70% of that in 3'/1m water and 20% of that in 5'. Trying to coordinate the moves and get good balance.

While looking for the shot I found a truck to go with Jay's car a few pages back. Life must go on!

Sorry to hear about your friend. All the best with the continued rehab.

Love the truck but how does it go round left hand corners?

DontShoot
Total Posts: 2155

28 2.8 AIS

MDoc9523

Ken Hill wrote:

So sorry about the loss of your friend. I saw two of his work mates from Red Barn just this week and they were asking about him. Such sad news.

Oosty
Total Posts: 4036

They've left - the house is quiet and we have our lives back! But we really miss her!

1       2       3              4192      
       4194              4238       4239       end