Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/4191

1       2       3              4191      
       4193              4299       4300       end

mp356
Total Posts: 4329

Steve, very nice series.

RM, I like the second two images from your temple series.

Ray, just do it!

rattymouse
Total Posts: 4813

Directly across the street from Zhenru Buddhist Temple is Shanghai's largest fish market. There one can find hundreds of stalls selling all kinds of ocean sea food as well as some fresh water fish. While walking through there to get to the temple, I found this little guy. I looked over at him and he immediately reacted to my peer. He backed away, under the water, and as I stood there he slowly came back out. Clearly, his/her vision is excellent and we examined each other for a few moments. For a few bucks, I wish I could have bought him, and released him from his bondage, if only there were a suitable location. His fate is to be ripped apart alive and one can see that all across this fish market. I find this immensely painful to watch. And ironic as across the street there is this temple, which teaches loving kindness to ALL beings. Buddhism makes no differentiation between man and beast. Despite the popularity of these temples, I think that 99% of those who attend have no idea of the basic tenants of Buddhism. Everyone seemingly goes to temples to pray for wealth, prosperity, and good luck. The very antithesis of Buddhism.

55mm f/2.8 AIS on Neopan 400 film. Some slight motion blur due to very low light levels (slow shutter speeds).

DontShoot
Total Posts: 2289

bobbelbob wrote:
@DontShoot

Wow!! Those shots from Yosemite is just amazing. Such lovely texture!!
Im getting more and more convinced that I need one.

Now Ive seen som many great pics I just have to grab my camera and tripod and go out there and shoot!

Thanks Bob! yeah, it's a great place to shoot, but I'd wait until around March next year. It's too hot and dry right now.

jhinkey
Total Posts: 6033

Just got my 16/3.5 AI back from APS - I haven't shot with it yet, but WOW!
Totally clean inside.

No dust behind front element, no dust internally, and the deposit along the edge of the rear element is gone. Very cool.

The focus ring seems about the same, but the aperture ring is pretty stiff - not too stiff, but you won't accidentally bump it to another aperture.

I'll have to go shoot with it to make sure the optics are OK, but so far for $240 they did a great job.

John

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2962

jhinkey wrote:
Just got my 16/3.5 AI back from APS - I haven't shot with it yet, but WOW!
Totally clean inside.

No dust behind front element, no dust internally, and the deposit along the edge of the rear element is gone. Very cool.

The focus ring seems about the same, but the aperture ring is pretty stiff - not too stiff, but you won't accidentally bump it to another aperture.

I'll have to go shoot with it to make sure the optics are OK, but so far for $240 they did a great job.

John

That is good to know. I have a couple lenses that I am debating if I want to take the time to clean them myself or just have a shop do the work. Eagerly await your findings.

webisweb
Total Posts: 362

D610 + 105mm f/2.5

Nikkor 105mm f/2.5 by discoverfilm, on Flickr

Nikon F100 | Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 AIS | Fujifilm Pro 400H

Early March in Philly by discoverfilm, on Flickr

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 1462

webisweb wrote:
D610 + 105mm f/2.5

Nikkor 105mm f/2.5 by discoverfilm, on Flickr

Nikon F100 | Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 AIS | Fujifilm Pro 400H

Early March in Philly by discoverfilm, on Flickr

What beautiful composition and subjects W is W,

webisweb
Total Posts: 362

rafaelcasd wrote:

What beautiful composition and subjects W is W,

Thank you very much! Here is one more: Nikon F100 | Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 AIS | Kodak Portra 160NC

Sheepshead Bay by discoverfilm, on Flickr

kwoodard

Oh Shii.....!

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 1462

Nikkor 35 1.4 at 4 is a good full body portrait lens, portrait pic control, lighten shadows, no other change.

nikon nikkor 35mm 1.4 at 4 D3 Captain and Commander by Rafael CA, on Flickr

RicHammond
Total Posts: 60

Curtis posted that 85mm that is located in Japan. I've been leery of purchasing from outside the U.S.

What are the typical fees/duties? How about from Canada?

Thanks,

Great shots everyone. Digging the Yosemite and car shots. This is to hard to catch up.

The Df gets returned tomorrow for a full refund so I'll be on the hunt again.

kwoodard

rafaelcasd wrote:
Nikkor 35 1.4 at 4 is a good full body portrait lens, portrait pic control, lighten shadows, no other change.

Its shots like this that make me want one of these 35's... You are not helping my meager budget...

rattymouse

rafaelcasd wrote:

That's the kind of shot that can sell me on this lens! Other shots just kill it for me. Rarely have I see such a Jeckly and Hyde lens as this one.

cadman342001
Total Posts: 2971

RicHammond wrote:
Curtis posted that 85mm that is located in Japan. I've been leery of purchasing from outside the U.S.

What are the typical fees/duties? How about from Canada?

As I'm in Australia, Japan is closer than the US for me and seems to have more reasonable postage rates.

They seem to have some really nice examples too.

In Oz, as long as the item's value is below a thousand bucks then no duties, not sure about the States.

Andy

cadman342001
Total Posts: 2971

Well, I have just picked up a D800 local to me for 1600 bucks. I missed the DR and the cropability compared to the D700. So the 700 has gotta go.

Off to pick it up and pick up a new USB3 card reader !

Andy

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

35mm 1.4 AIS

DontShoot
Total Posts: 2289

105 2.5 AIS

leighton w
Total Posts: 9445

I was the only bidder on a 85mm f1.4 AIS for 400 bucks!

I feel like Ray when he finds those deals.

rattymouse

Joyriding in Shanghai.

Cropped from a 20mm f/2.8 AIS shot made on Fuji Acros film.

Fpessolano
Total Posts: 270

Something different, a video we made for our company. We used my d800 plus the ais 50/1.4, the ais 28, a gopro and few cuts from a piece that was made on national tv.
It was quite fun to use the manual lenses for video!

Anyhow this http://youtu.be/BjQ19lTU_uQ

1       2       3              4191      
       4193              4299       4300       end