Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/4128

1       2       3              4128      
4129
       4130              5891       5892       end

Fpessolano
Registered: Jun 30, 2014
Total Posts: 278
Country: Belgium

Rafael - thanks, definitively an interesting lens. very tempted!

Alaskan - wow!



Reagan
Registered: Jan 10, 2010
Total Posts: 4619
Country: United States

CGrindahl wrote:
Finally, a Df on the Buy and Sell forum for $2,000... BUT the D750 is looking awfully sweet from what I'm seeing being shared by those working with the camera. My guess is that given the form factor of the two bodies, I'd likely prefer the D750... Mmm, decisions, decisions. Of course, no new camera is a decision as well..

Loving the photos from Alaska.


Prices will drop from Black Friday till New Year
I just hope I am still around to see it.

Reagan



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12621
Country: United States

David - Congrats on the D750, those images look darn good sooc.

Curtis - If I was spending your money, I'd buy the D750 in a heartbeat over the Df! And really just for that sensor, which I believe, is the same one on the D600/610.



Ken Hill
Registered: Jul 28, 2013
Total Posts: 1120
Country: United States

Reagan wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
Finally, a Df on the Buy and Sell forum for $2,000... BUT the D750 is looking awfully sweet from what I'm seeing being shared by those working with the camera. My guess is that given the form factor of the two bodies, I'd likely prefer the D750... Mmm, decisions, decisions. Of course, no new camera is a decision as well..

Loving the photos from Alaska.


Prices will drop from Black Friday till New Year
I just hope I am still around to see it.

Reagan



You're right about the sales that are to come, also that's when Nikon has lens and returns at a nice discount!

As to where you'll be on Black Friday, probably having a turkey sandwich and a beer like the rest of us!



the solitaire
Registered: Jun 22, 2013
Total Posts: 2123
Country: Germany

Here is another photo made with the 20mm f3,5 Nikkor-UD. At f8



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12621
Country: United States

Ken Hill wrote:


As to where you'll be on Black Friday, probably having a turkey sandwich and a beer like the rest of us!



Not everyone, we'll be having chicken and lamb sandwiches!



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12621
Country: United States

the solitaire wrote:
Here is another photo made with the 20mm f3,5 Nikkor-UD. At f8









Worthy of another look. Love it Buddy.

I love the lighting in this, it has a real warm feel to it. I noticed the same look in Rafael's images with this lens. Is this a common trait with it?


Fpessolano
Registered: Jun 30, 2014
Total Posts: 278
Country: Belgium

According to what i read online, yes.

leighton w wrote:
the solitaire wrote:
Here is another photo made with the 20mm f3,5 Nikkor-UD. At f8









Worthy of another look. Love it Buddy.

I love the lighting in this, it has a real warm feel to it. I noticed the same look in Rafael's images with this lens. Is this a common trait with it?


the solitaire
Registered: Jun 22, 2013
Total Posts: 2123
Country: Germany

Not really the lens Fransesco. I addde a lot of that warmth in Lightroom to make up for a somewhat gloomy day. The 20mm f3,5 UD renders color rather neutral. I'll upload the original for you. Just a sec



straight from the D3 NEF to lightroom to JPG to deviantart



HCE HCE
Registered: Apr 15, 2012
Total Posts: 865
Country: United States

Philippe Those Canon shooters sure have style!

D800 16mm f/3.5 pano





-Jay-


Lieutenant Z
Registered: Nov 21, 2010
Total Posts: 3777
Country: France

HCE HCE wrote:
Philippe Those Canon shooters sure have style!

-


Well seen, Jay! -)

and nice pano from you, great light and color.



Reagan
Registered: Jan 10, 2010
Total Posts: 4619
Country: United States

Your on a roll again Jay

R



RicHammond
Registered: Jun 28, 2014
Total Posts: 357
Country: United States

Walking Along Interstates
D300 85mm f1.4 AIS
9-27-2014-050 by ric_hammond, on Flickr
9-27-2014-049 by ric_hammond, on Flickr
9-27-2014-048 by ric_hammond, on Flickr
9-27-2014-047 by ric_hammond, on Flickr



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12621
Country: United States

the solitaire wrote:
Not really the lens Fransesco. I addde a lot of that warmth in Lightroom to make up for a somewhat gloomy day. The 20mm f3,5 UD renders color rather neutral. I'll upload the original for you. Just a sec



straight from the D3 NEF to lightroom to JPG to deviantart


I'm the one that was interested, thanks.



RicHammond
Registered: Jun 28, 2014
Total Posts: 357
Country: United States

Tail Lights
D300 24mm f2.8 AI. Capture NX2, Kodachrome filter
Lot-O-Tail Lights by ric_hammond, on Flickr



the solitaire
Registered: Jun 22, 2013
Total Posts: 2123
Country: Germany

leighton w wrote:
the solitaire wrote:
Not really the lens Fransesco. I addde a lot of that warmth in Lightroom to make up for a somewhat gloomy day. The 20mm f3,5 UD renders color rather neutral. I'll upload the original for you. Just a sec



straight from the D3 NEF to lightroom to JPG to deviantart


I'm the one that was interested, thanks.


Dang! Sorry about that Leighton. I should have noticed the beard

I obviously was distracted by a series of things happening here (new pup in the house. Stuff is happening all of the time) and figured that since Fransesco was so interested in the UD Nikkor that it was him asking the question

The warm rendering however really is a matter of personal taste and not the lens. It renders not at all different from any of the multicoated scalloped Nikkors I own. The 135mm f3,5 Nikkor-Q.C seems to be the oddball lens rendering considerably colder then the other lenses in my collection.



HCE HCE
Registered: Apr 15, 2012
Total Posts: 865
Country: United States

Thanks for the likes!

D800 24mm PC-E 18 image pano





-Jay-


leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12621
Country: United States

the solitaire wrote:
leighton w wrote:
the solitaire wrote:
Not really the lens Fransesco. I addde a lot of that warmth in Lightroom to make up for a somewhat gloomy day. The 20mm f3,5 UD renders color rather neutral. I'll upload the original for you. Just a sec



straight from the D3 NEF to lightroom to JPG to deviantart


I'm the one that was interested, thanks.


Dang! Sorry about that Leighton. I should have noticed the beard

I obviously was distracted by a series of things happening here (new pup in the house. Stuff is happening all of the time) and figured that since Fransesco was so interested in the UD Nikkor that it was him asking the question

The warm rendering however really is a matter of personal taste and not the lens. It renders not at all different from any of the multicoated scalloped Nikkors I own. The 135mm f3,5 Nikkor-Q.C seems to be the oddball lens rendering considerably colder then the other lenses in my collection.


No worries! I like the original, but I like the PP you did on the warm version better. Might have to keep this lens in the back of my mind, what's left of it.



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12621
Country: United States

Jay, wonderful as always. I bet you'd be interested in this video.

http://youtu.be/A6ovDdRNNg8



HCE HCE
Registered: Apr 15, 2012
Total Posts: 865
Country: United States

Leighton I was comparing the older AIS version with a new G lens at max aperture and when I saw this I immediately thought of your out of focus abstract! The newer lens turns the BG into mush while the older lens makes up a new structured region. Guess the new lens might well make the subject pop more but the old one puts it in a fantasy land. The old lens is quite noticeably bluer as well.

D800 35mm f/1.4
This is the upper left corner, about 10% of the frame.





-Jay-


1       2       3              4128      
4129
       4130              5891       5892       end