Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/4104

1       2       3              4104      
       4106              4375       4376       end

Stokesey
Total Posts: 858

Nuno, those beach shots are a bit cheeky ..... love 'em

David .... that's more my sport ... great work !!

Rafael, gorgeous car shots .... love the ultra wide stuff

Ryan .... fabulous really makes me want to come back to SF

Jay, does that spider go like a Ferrari too ??

I may not have mentioned .... but my son and I love the St Tropez area of the South of France

We have cycled there together and on our own too ... many times .... it is so good to ride in the warm air

So here are a few taken on the F3 with 50mm f1.8

I was trying to travel light as I was carrying the camera in the bag while riding too ...

8397c Bikes + JPS St Tropez by Steve of phnart, on Flickr

My bike is the yellow Corima

8305c SS Corima by Steve of phnart, on Flickr

An awesome machine to ride ... and fast, due to it being light too !!

8310c JPS L Alpe by Steve of phnart, on Flickr

My boy at the bottom of the Alpe d'Huez ready for the start of the climb .... took us about 55 minutes for the 13 kilometres

8315c JPS on L Alpe by Steve of phnart, on Flickr

We might have been quicker if I hadn't kept stopping to take a few pix .... this last one got a bit shaky ... it's a tough climb on a bike !!

Steve

Reagan
Total Posts: 3109

nampramos wrote:
I see you liked the view Reagan. You should come for a visit

It reminds me of the Zak Brown song "Toes"
The young girls would welcome me until the money runs out

R

Zichar
Total Posts: 3584

Wow Steve, looks like a cool journey. Do you still ride today?

>>

I had her in the new baby cot err before the arrival of its intended owner
Think I got the effect I wanted...

in my own house by Zichar, on Flickr

pburke
Total Posts: 2131

This plant is called Sky Pilot - they are found only really high up. These flower clusters are about 2 inches in diameter each. Found around 12,000 feet near the Yosemite southern border. Slight crop of 20mm f/3.5 AI shot

f/8.0 1/200s ISO 100, polarizer

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

Chin great insight into the photo called "folded in". I really like this one and of course that dog is precious! Love your portrait but you look a little mean

Steve I have been enjoying the blasts from the past! Is that you standing next to the bike?

Monday it is a joy to see your daily walks in the city. Such diversity! The flower lady and the business suit should be framed!!!!

Rafael beautiful lenses. I just want to hold them
The fisheyes are great!

Ronny great work as always!

Mark those are amazing shots especially the "guard standing watch"

Samy I'll bet you really enjoyed the beach scenes. Really nice skies. Love the church as well as the other shots of Charleston

Andy the macro work is certainly first class - well done!!!!

Jay your macro is very special rich in detail and colors - wow!!

Jeff I absolutely love the texture of your photo!

David well done using zone focusing.

Welcome to Shane from Japan. I think yours is the first post in this thread from Japan. So good to have you as a part of our thread!!!!

Ray

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

These are using the 35mm 1.4 AIS

Ken Hill
Total Posts: 563

Nuno nice "beach bums"

Peter saw a program called "Mile/Mile and a Half" that documented hikers on the Muir Trail. They need your photographs badly. Interesting show though! For any divers out there. Mono Lake is at 6,400ft (1,950m) over sea level. It's salinity is seven times that of sea water. IT HAS LIMESTONE CAVERN vents at the bottom emitting freshwater ... care to do a dive plan?

Ray the 18mm 3.5 makes Frank Lloyd Wright look even better. His long/low approach to his design and that lens are made in heaven. We need to take Curtis there when he visits.

Leighton good luck with the file work. You'll love the colors that lens produces with the DR of the D600.

Steve the Red Lambo in my mind out classes a Yellow Ferrari. One at the track definitely outclasses one in a parking lot. Nice series by the way. Glad to see you and your son having a "proper holiday" and enjoying the outdoors and getting exercise.

Jay, when I scrolled on to your rig I thought it was one of those Nikon thermos jugs. Good work and color from the Ferrari yellow spider. Cal Tech called they want their electron microscope back!!

Ryan will PM you with something I did that I thought interesting in you industry! Nicer piano man but the luggage on wheels is a classic.

Ronny what incredible depth to the sea and the rocks. Good work!

Raphael ... if getting bored produces these shots from you .. have at it. Loved the 59 Chev, the 57 a close second. The lenses and the young lady cure everyone's low blood pressure. You mentioned the 60mm 2.8AF, one of my AF keepers along with the 70-180. Both used MF most of the time. Both crystal clear and sharp.

Mark the falls and the sentry in Dubrovnik are terrific. The 85 shines as a "people lens" for me at least.

Andy wow, just wow. What a range of photography expertise you show.

Kevin ... you're on the west coast as we easterners say. You have an extras three hours on your day. Don't rush the Marantz! My Sansui blows away anything modern.

Jeff incredible artistic and photographic eye.

Chin the mystery man at the market appeals to me .. definitely not posed yet ideally conveys the scene. Also when was that ... you in your twenties? Lastly, what is your dog in jail for?

Samy ... Charleston is a destination no one should miss. Having been there and seeing your work it is superb. I miss the city a long to get back.

David the wide angle is my favorite. How you captured thirds and composition is great.

Yesterday I took the 43-86 Ai-S for a spin. It's not a bad lens. Toned the EV down and it is very color friendly. Hope it comes through to your monitors. The first is me getting inspired by you all in B&W.

Fpessolano
Total Posts: 276

Nuno - is there a front to the beach also :-)

I was away a day while driving south in Brittany and again the thread moved a lot with several nice photos.

DontShoot
Total Posts: 2367

Zichar wrote:
Durians...
D700 + 28 2.8 AIS

all shook up by Zichar, on Flickr

I like this shot.. and with a 28 2.8 too! Last time I brought Durian at work, the entire office HATED me

Stokesey

MDoc9523 wrote:

Steve I have been enjoying the blasts from the past! Is that you standing next to the bike?

Ray

Thanks for the compliment Ray ..... but NO not me

That is my son, Justin.

He certainly had the figure to be sporting the lycra cycling skin-suit ...

I would have looked like the Michelin man in comparison, which is why I stayed the other side of the camera ....

Cheers

Steve

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 3038

From Clansayes, Drôme, the Church St Michel and the remains of the 14th century walled fortifications surmonted with a 7 metre high statue of the Virgin Mary :

Stokesey

Just been out in the garden as my wife pointed out what she thought was a dead moth ....

Well I suppose it looked tired !!

0239c moth by Steve of phnart, on Flickr

While I was out there I took some others too ... but nothing close to Ronny's technique ... all with PN-11 tube

Moth was taken on 105mm f2.5 and others on the 180mm f2.8

0262c young dragonfly by Steve of phnart, on Flickr

dragonfly on the 180mm

0249c acer seeds by Steve of phnart, on Flickr

Acer seeds on 105mm

0284c anenome by Steve of phnart, on Flickr

Anenome flower on 180mm

thanks for all the comments and likes.

Steve

saph
Total Posts: 2444

Nice work folks! And thanks guys for the likes and comments. Ray, the beach scenes were nice, and Nuno captured them well

Lots indeed to see in Charleston. Here's one at the Yorktown. Old glory and the venerable Phantom. 18 3.5 AIS mounted on Nikon FG. Ektar 100.

YorktownAndFlag by maryland_photos, on Flickr

Reagan
Total Posts: 3109

Fpessolano wrote:
Nuno - is there a front to the beach also :-)

I was away a day while driving south in Brittany and again the thread moved a lot with several nice photos.

I was wondering the same thing

R

Fpessolano
Total Posts: 276

What is the feeling here over the ais PC 28/3.5 on a d800?

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 13370

You've seen those signs in zoos that say...

The same MIGHT be true when it comes to certain photos of young women in provocative attire or poses... We wouldn't want to contribute to Reagan having heart palpitations.

CGrindahl

Ronny just posted a series of photos on Shooting with Tubes in the Macro World forum, only one of which would qualify for this thread. I definitely think they are worth checking out. Amazing work by our Swedish friend.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1001614/38#12512280

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2549

Thanks Curtis .. have just added 8 images which would qualify for this thread

CGrindahl

Drop one in Ronny to whet people's appetite...

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2549

Female

NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8 ED AI-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 36mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Male

NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8 ED AI-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 36mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

1       2       3              4104      
       4106              4375       4376       end