Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/4101

1       2       3              4101      
       4103              5891       5892       end

georgms
Total Posts: 4045

Steve, nice shots from the iron birds (okay, make that aluminium or some alloy).

John, I really enjoy looking at your mountain-shots. The many small details are calling for a high MP-count sensor - unlike my bold style of photography ;-).

Carl, wonderful macro-images!

Ric, love those weathering signs!

Chuong, a really beautiful portrait of your daughter!

Sorry, I've missed many great pictures and postings like Buddy's excellent bokeh-double-portrait and Leighton's work with the superfast 85.

georgms

Played with the stitching-software from Kolor today, it worked pretty well for this stitched/merged image:

6 vertical shots with the 55/1.2Ai at f/4 stitched in Autopano
The outside of the city-wall, old church with new spire (the old one came down 1942) and a borderline-building.

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

Ken Hill wrote:
Another day in Paradise ...

The car shots are astounding and worthy of publication. Great to see and much enjoyed.

Jose thanks for the CPL comparison. I rarely give mine a thought because of the PP possibilities.

Jay the lens shortage in C/FL is due to the convergence of MF glass on the west coast. We are mere beginners here. Nice shot too!

George Thanks for the kind words!

Ray some coverage of the "big event" send me some jpg's so I can send them to the kids and friends.

Dean ... ouch! Too many injuries being reported. Let's do what the government does and not report them that way we'll all feel better! Get well...

Samy thanks ...

Ric the Red Vette needs to see the Pacific and I need to be in it. (Car and ocean!)

Scott thanks for the comments! Reagan will buy you lobster if you show him how to eat it like a Maniac!

Andrew welcome and nice example of the Df sensor. Good looking family I presume !

Curtis .... the display came about because of your distaste for the D800 and the table behind my computer had Ray's D610, a D700, D800, Df and V1. The conclusion you came to was observed by us and the results of passing the cameras around is that you may be happy with the Df. How's that for scientific!

Raphael. how can I saw thanks. Driving the Vette after more than 4 months was GOAL. Thanks for the work shots ... gorgeous gals! (By the way you are aware you have a picture of a FORD in the background!) CVN78

Steve - heck with the neighbors. The car lives in the garage. Great shots and vintage A/C is always a favorite. We also took the "wheel chair" and walker out of the Tahoe yesterday. No going back. The stick .... hospital supplied "old mans" walking cane $39. Sporting goods walking stick (with a compass in the top) $19 ... a no brainer.

For the trip to North Carolina a light load is the goal. Thinking the Df, 16 fisheye, 28 2.8, 50mm 1.2, 105mm2.5 and the 200F4. Thoughts!?/

Here's the link to the photos you are welcome to D/L whatever you want
http://raysteele.zenfolio.com/p87106434

HCE HCE
Total Posts: 865

Steve I like the cockpit shot. Imagine if we all had flying cars with Italian electrics!

henry Best ever shot of McDonald's. I like how the machine forms a 3rd arch.

D800 24mm PC-E

-Jay-

georgms

Jay, ^that's one of your very best images I've seen so far. Love the muted tones and "traces of color".

Reagan
Total Posts: 4619

georgms wrote:
Jay, ^that's one of your very best images I've seen so far. Love the muted tones and "traces of color".

I agree with Georg. Great stuff Jay

R

ramkumar999
Total Posts: 1282

Sorry guys., I have been swamped with a lot of parenting responsibilities., hence unable to take my camera out.
However I came around a very unique piece of Nikon Camera. Anyone interested in this DF?
http://petapixel.com/2014/09/18/brikk-release-24k-gold-nikon-df-kit-lens-opulence/

the solitaire
Total Posts: 2123

No thanks Ram. If I want to carry additional weight I'd rather carry an extra lens rather then gold foil.

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 3777

Jay, I'm with Georg. I really liked all the stuff you've posted lately.

From the Saintes-Maries de la Mer, 180 2.8 ais :

HCE HCE

georg What a beautiful pano of the wall, perspective looks very natural and the stonework is a great for detail.

Guess I should be careful what I wish for, I had wanted some fog but when I set out it was so thick I drove past the entrance to this lighthouse, and then got lost on a familiar road!
D800 24mm PC-E

-Jay-

HCE HCE

Thank you for all the kind remarks!

D800 24mm PC-E

-Jay-

RicHammond
Total Posts: 357

Thanks a lot!

A 85mm f1.4 AIS is on the way. $450 This will be the most expensive MF glass I've purchased to date. This brings my collection to 10.

RicHammond
Total Posts: 357

Jay - OUTSTANDING!

Ronny Olsson
Total Posts: 5072

Awesome shots Jay

More testing with 16mm f3.5
Tomorrow I will hopefully test it more and try to teach me how to use it properly .. have only tried it a couple of times when I've been out with Nitro
feels hard to use right now

Nikkor 16mm f3.5 AI fisheye by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 2487

georgms wrote:
Rafael, the "Expeditionary Warfare Center"-lettering behind the beauties made me smile. Time for a pacifistic guy like me to convert?

Georg. The US Marines can convert you in just a few weeks. Let me know if you need contact info. Free toys, room, and berth.

The EWC is just an ambitious name to reflect that we work on ships for expeditionary forces. The only warfare conducted here is to conquer the corner offices.

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 2487

Ken Hill wrote:
Another day in Paradise ...

The car shots are astounding and worthy of publication. Great to see and much enjoyed.

Jose thanks for the CPL comparison. I rarely give mine a thought because of the PP possibilities.

Jay the lens shortage in C/FL is due to the convergence of MF glass on the west coast. We are mere beginners here. Nice shot too!

George Thanks for the kind words!

Ray some coverage of the "big event" send me some jpg's so I can send them to the kids and friends.

Dean ... ouch! Too many injuries being reported. Let's do what the government does and not report them that way we'll all feel better! Get well...

Samy thanks ...

Ric the Red Vette needs to see the Pacific and I need to be in it. (Car and ocean!)

Scott thanks for the comments! Reagan will buy you lobster if you show him how to eat it like a Maniac!

Andrew welcome and nice example of the Df sensor. Good looking family I presume !

Curtis .... the display came about because of your distaste for the D800 and the table behind my computer had Ray's D610, a D700, D800, Df and V1. The conclusion you came to was observed by us and the results of passing the cameras around is that you may be happy with the Df. How's that for scientific!

Raphael. how can I saw thanks. Driving the Vette after more than 4 months was GOAL. Thanks for the work shots ... gorgeous gals! (By the way you are aware you have a picture of a FORD in the background!) CVN78

Steve - heck with the neighbors. The car lives in the garage. Great shots and vintage A/C is always a favorite. We also took the "wheel chair" and walker out of the Tahoe yesterday. No going back. The stick .... hospital supplied "old mans" walking cane $39. Sporting goods walking stick (with a compass in the top) $19 ... a no brainer.

For the trip to North Carolina a light load is the goal. Thinking the Df, 16 fisheye, 28 2.8, 50mm 1.2, 105mm2.5 and the 200F4. Thoughts!?/

Ken. All CVNs are Chevys. Regardless of naming. .

Ronny Olsson

Nikon 50 1.2 Ai-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Ronny Olsson

Nikkor 105 2.5 Ai by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 16784

Jay, I've dropped quite a few likes at your recent photos but I want to join with others who really appreciate the work you've been sharing with. Photography is about light but that surely includes shadow as well. Love these night shots...

On a more mundane note... THEY ARE PAVING MY STREET! I came home this afternoon to this scene. Of course, I had to park a couple of blocks away, but I had the foresight to bring my camera as i walked to my cottage. This is taken a couple hundred feet from my driveway with the 55 f/1.2 S.C. AI at f/5.6, then converted in SEP.

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 9317

Easy fix

RicHammond wrote:
That must be a UK version because the shutter release I on the other side. No wonder the bodies always cost more there. :-)

MDoc9523 wrote:
First photos using the D610 and the 35mm 1.4 AIS. My sweetheart Melody and a selfie.

1       2       3              4101      
       4103              5891       5892       end