Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/4035

1       2       3              4035      
       4037              5889       5890       end

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 16784

Fantastic Ram! What a show stopper that is... Love everything about it...

I don't have children of my own though I met my God-son about a minute after he was born and his sister, my God-daugher 24 hours after she was born. But a friend at whose wedding I'd officiated invited Sue and I to be present for the birth of her first child. I've experienced nothing like it in my lifetime and would have great difficulty explaining how the magic of that moment worked. You and your wife are living it moment to moment with your daughter. I read last night a father describing the amazing love he experienced after his daughter was born, a love unlike anything he'd ever experienced before.

To me this photo takes us to the realm of something sacred, whatever that might mean to you and your wife and to those visiting this thread. I feel honored that you share photos of your daughter with all of us. Thank you.

CGrindahl

Fpessolano wrote:
I just scrolled the last pages and, georg, your rainy photo is wonderful! How did you take it?

Curtis - your argument on the language is partially correct. When I dismiss as outlier my family in law and their linguistic capabilities (my father is law speaks Dutch, French, German, Italian, English, Greek, Arab and I forgot what else) not related to life or business ... I did actually speak Swedish (as well as Japanese and Indonesian) long time ago when a teen .... As a way to get to foreigners girls on holidays :-) but as that age is long gone, this languages also by now. And believe me, I was not the only one Italian doing that ...

Have to chuckle at this Francesco... I've always known Italians as lovers and you've just confirmed it. Learning a language to succeed with an attractive woman is perhaps even more important than learning a language for a job. Are we to assume since you're living in Belgium that the woman who finally gave you the time of day speaks Flemish, or is it French, or Dutch?

Fpessolano
Total Posts: 278

Flemish 100%. So my kids are half Flemish half Italian ... Resulting too calm for Italy and to loud for Belgium :-)

nampramos
Total Posts: 1064

I know I'm crazy thinking about this but it just came up for sale locally.

Nikkor 800/5.6 AIS, number 119 out of the production line.

There's at least one person with one, right?

What can you tell me about it and how much does it normally sell for. I can go check it out in person on Friday. Comes with original box, original front and back caps and glass seems to be in pristine condition.

ramkumar999
Total Posts: 1282

CGrindahl wrote:

You and your wife are living it moment to moment with your daughter. I read last night a father describing the amazing love he experienced after his daughter was born, a love unlike anything he'd ever experienced before.

To me this photo takes us to the realm of something sacred, whatever that might mean to you and your wife and to those visiting this thread. I feel honored that you share photos of your daughter with all of us. Thank you.

Thank you Curtis for your kind comments. I just wanted to share the birth experience with you since you mentioned it.
When my wife's water broke on 8th Aug evening, we took her to hospital and was induced around 10pm that night. Me and her friend spent the night with her helping her cope with the contractions. My wife bravely said no to epidural as we found she was able to bear the pain through breathing.
Around 5:30 am, she was fully dilated and ready to push. That whole period of pushing seemed the longest to me after spending the whole night without sleep. I decided that I was not going to look at the actual birth for I feared I might faint..
When the baby fully came out and the doctor held her at 7:14 am, I just broke down and started crying.
There was a big relief and an instant connection to my daughter which I expressed through tears. I cannot express that emotion in writing.
Me and my wife are cherishing every moment with Smera and seeing the beginning of the journey of life.

ramkumar999

nampramos wrote:
I know I'm crazy thinking about this but it just came up for sale locally.

Nikkor 800/5.6 AIS, number 119 out of the production line.

There's at least one person with one, right?

What can you tell me about it and how much does it normally sell for. I can go check it out in person on Friday. Comes with original box, original front and back caps and glass seems to be in pristine condition.

Jose has one in his arsenal. He should be able to guide you. I am jealous that you found one locally., most of the times, these lenses in US only shows up in eBay.

nampramos

Do you know the usual end price on eBay there in the USA Ram?

Thanks!

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

Love the baby feet Ram. Terrific shot!

ramkumar999

nampramos wrote:
Do you know the usual end price on eBay there in the USA Ram?

Thanks!

They usually run around $2500 a piece.

MarkdV
Total Posts: 1152

CGrindahl wrote:

+1 absolutely, amazing beautiful photo of a special moment and person.

I don't have children of my own though I met my God-son about a minute after he was born and his sister, my God-daugher 24 hours after she was born. But a friend at whose wedding I'd officiated invited Sue and I to be present for the birth of her first child. I've experienced nothing like it in my lifetime and would have great difficulty explaining how the magic of that moment worked. You and your wife are living it moment to moment with your daughter. I read last night a father describing the amazing love he experienced after his daughter was born, a love unlike anything he'd ever experienced before.

You always have a great way of words Curtis and you are right, when my son was born it was incredible and the love you feel at that moment is something out of this world. You then go through life so excited to watch them learn and develop and grow, while trying to stop them doing so because each moment is so precious you can't bear to let it go.

We can't stop time, but at least we can catch the moment when he does something for the first time.

CGrindahl

Beautiful Ram, Mark. My guess is that most folks on this thread who have children would speak to how profound the experience of birth is. Of course, as John speaks about his daughter's disinterest in hiking or in Steve's comments about the teen years, the range of emotions associated with being a parent is broad. Reality is that there is no such thing as a perfect parent nor a perfect child. Parenthood gives us a deeper opportunity to explore what our intimate relationship do… our own humanity with all its imperfections. Hopefully, there won't be too much suffering along the way, but it can be humbling to see our own failings. But life gives us unending opportunities to find kinder ways of relating with those closest to us. And when all else fails… you can always call a marriage and family therapist…

A woman whom I knew quite well created with her husband a "therapy fund" into which they put money whenever they felt they'd done something to their daughter that would warrant help when she was older. It might have been tongue in cheek, but the reality is most of us spend a lifetime coming to terms with empathic failures experienced along the way. But love will find a way…

raboof
Total Posts: 2094

imperfections, failing, suffering... Wow Curtis, don't scare us

Ken Hill
Total Posts: 1118

Ram the real world, where important things really matter is fantastic and you took a big step ... congrats.

Off to PT and have a few for to post. But first, I'd like you to think of Central Florida as the safe repository of all your lenses. We (ray and I) will build a bunker called: FANMAIL

FANMAIL is the acronym for the Florida Arsenal for Nikon Manual "A" "I" Lenses.

Now to continue my "uber" boredom and silly- ness some bugs and a board in flight. Zone focusing of course

CGrindahl

raboof wrote:
imperfections, failing, suffering... Wow Curtis, don't scare us

I wouldn't be a good Buddhist if I didn't.

I'll spare everyone the Four Noble Truths...

bobbelbob
Total Posts: 1014

Thanks you all for the kind words. Gotta say there are lot of good work going on in here!! Inspiring!

Since I accidentally dropped my D700 into the sea a few days ago I will maybe upgrade tomorrow to the D800.
So, I am now asking all you experts here if there is something special I should think of regarding shooting manually on a D800?

nampramos

bobbelbob wrote:
Thanks you all for the kind words. Gotta say there are lot of good work going on in here!! Inspiring!

Since I accidentally dropped my D700 into the sea a few days ago I will maybe upgrade tomorrow to the D800.
So, I am now asking all you experts here if there is something special I should think of regarding shooting manually on a D800?

Sorry to hear about that!

I never used a D800 so I cannot really comment on it. But my D610 works great!

Take in consideration though that the D750 will be announced in September at Photokina.

Ronny Olsson
Total Posts: 5069

NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8 ED AI-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 36mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Ronny Olsson
Total Posts: 5069

Nikon 50 1.2 Ai-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

bobbelbob

Wow Ronny!! Extremely nice pics and what a nice bokeh.

Snyggt som bara den. O tack för välkomnandet!!

bobbelbob

Oh yes, my old D700 may now RIP. Waiting for a statement from the camera shop now so that my insurance can cover up...

Ok! Nampramos, I havent heard of the d750 until now. Sounds interesting. As I understood the D800 had big issues with the left focus problem in the first series. So for now I think I am going for the D800 with a newer serial number, well, if I like it.

But still it would be good with any kind of warning sign before I make up my mind :-) IF there are any.

1       2       3              4035      
       4037              5889       5890       end