Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/4022

1       2       3              4022      
       4024              4184       4185       end

cadman342001
Total Posts: 2777

WOW Jay ! stunning waterfall view.

Georg - Here in Cairns we have many utility boxes with murals on of local wildlife etc. which is great, some graffiti and an alleyway in town devoted purely to the "art".

Taken with AF so - http://flic.kr/p/o4qR6J

Andy

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2836

Yes, go for the 55mm f/3.5 AI or converted to AI. Also, make sure it either comes with a PK13 (27.5mm) extension tube or get one to reach 1:1 magnification.

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2836

cadman342001 wrote:
WOW Jay ! stunning waterfall view.

Georg - Here in Cairns we have many utility boxes with murals on of local wildlife etc. which is great, some graffiti and an alleyway in town devoted purely to the "art".

Taken with AF so - https://flic.kr/p/o4qR6J

Andy

Andy, take the "s" out of the link so it is clickable: http://flic.kr/p/o4qR6J

cadman342001
Total Posts: 2777

Thanks Kevin

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 13024

Three of the swallows were crowded together in the nest constructed above a vent in a hall beneath where Sue's condo is. Today I mounted the 105 f/2.5 P AI and grabbed a few shots from across the hall. This is ISO 2500 at f/2.8. Close to a 100% crop...

Dustin Gent
Total Posts: 4767

thanks guys! I will be looking now

mp356
Total Posts: 4261

Nice work everyone. From a visit to Acadia. Taken with the 35 f1.4 Ais.

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 13024

What a gorgeous setting Scott. Is this in Canada? Such a serene photo. I love it.

James Markus
Total Posts: 4410

Jay, Great shot! This sure looks like Yellowstone below the falls. Is it? I've got a shot from further down the river that is 41 years old...oh, man does that make me feel old.....

HCE HCE wrote:
Thanks Kevin and James for the network help. It almost works!
D800 24mm PC-E

-Jay-

mp356
Total Posts: 4261

CGrindahl wrote:
What a gorgeous setting Scott. Is this in Canada? Such a serene photo. I love it.

Thank you Curtis. It is Acadia National Park along the Maine coast.

jhinkey
Total Posts: 5806

mp356 wrote:
Nice work everyone. From a visit to Acadia. Taken with the 35 f1.4 Ais.

Excellent Scott!

jhinkey

HCE HCE wrote:
Thanks Kevin and James for the network help. It almost works!
D800 24mm PC-E

-Jay-

Great shot Jay!

jhinkey

georgms wrote:
Dustin, Jose has a comparison between 55/2.8 vs 3.5 in the works. For me the cheap 55/3.5 works just great - one of the "best bang for the buck"-lenses I own.

Yep, the 55/3.5 AIS has done me well . . . never had the chance to try the 55/2.8.

leighton w
Total Posts: 9185

Dustin, I have the 55/2.8 and it's an excellent lens. It is very sharp up close and at distance, which to my mind, makes it a great normal range lens that could replace a regular 50mm.

The only thing you have to watch for with the older versions is oily aperture blades.

One more thing. This lens is so good, they still offer brand new ones. I think B&H has them in the mid 400's.

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7637

55 f/3.5 and the Nikon set of extension tubes would be best, but the Kenkos are good too.

Dustin Gent wrote:
great images in this thread! I am looking for a "cheap" macro lens for my D600 to go along with my 14-24mm. Wildflower season is gearing up around here in the PNW, and I would like to get something for my trips. I am thinking something in the 50-55mm range will be the cheapest option? I was searching through the thread a bit, but it is simply too many pages

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7637

Curtis, did you add grain to this?

CGrindahl wrote:
Three of the swallows were crowded together in the nest constructed above a vent in a hall beneath where Sue's condo is. Today I mounted the 105 f/2.5 P AI and grabbed a few shots from across the hall. This is ISO 2500 at f/2.8. Close to a 100% crop...

nampramos
Total Posts: 349

Hi guys! I am still alive!

Azores is great and I am having a great time.

I am getting ready to hike up Pico mountain, which is over 2300 meters high (more than 7500 feet high).

Here's some photos I took from the first 3 days of the trip in S. Miguel island. Now I am in Pico island.

Azores island thread: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1305459

All the photos I uploaded so far can be found on my Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nampramos

Here is one from Pico Island, the night I arrived here. The boat arrived at 10 p.m. and after having dinner at a restaurant next to the port we drove pass by the Pico mountain (the one we will hike up today) and took this photo. It was after midnight and the full moon was behind me.

D610 with the 35/1.4 AIS @ f/2, 10sec exposure and ISO 3200.

DSC_8529.jpg by Nuno André Ramos, on Flickr

Fpessolano
Total Posts: 211

Nice one nuno!

asiostygius
Total Posts: 2589

Gorgeous scenarios, John, Andy, Peter and Scott;

Curtis, loved the swallow's nest;

Jay, what a beautiful capture of rainbow + falls;

Nuno, superb nightscape! Did you observed coma at f/2 with the 35/1.4?

Ken Hill
Total Posts: 465

Andy the cold beer is missing from your beach shot. If it was there I'd walk right into it. Fantastic perspective!

Kevin thanks for the software tip and I downloaded it to my tablet. Read that the support is for the range of cameras by Nikon and with an interesting note that some features will be only available to the D810. Level 1 of another generation of software?

Reagan, I hear you. Watched a car show the other day that suggests a lot of the vintage restorations are using the LS1 for the reason of power and economy. You have the real deal but how can you resist 30mog and 400hp for a scratch build resto mod.

Ryan "four barrel coffee?" I take that to mean very strong as in "high test" or "unleaded" decaf here. Might be worth a trip to try a cup ... Oh nice shot too!

Peter ... stiff upper lip! Or as my wife says stubborn Scotsman! Glad you are back!

Georg thank you! As to the translation she pointed me to Google. Quite the movement back then and prosperity was everywhere. Disney is great ... the tourists it bring allow we here in Florida to the luxury of no state income tax!

Jay, millions walk away from Yellowstone with shots of the falls and you walk away with a masterpiece. You even have a rainbow! ***** Five stars

Curtis there has to be a caption for the three swallows. Nice work getting the shot.

Scott the state of Maine and its coastline is amazing. A year ago it was among the last six states of the lower 48 that we drove the Vette to. Acadia is a gem on the east coast and you found a terrific vantage point for your shot. My wife ate lobster sandwiches all the time there.

Nuno brilliant shot.

Ray, Old shots from St Leo's that I forgot I had. Using the 25-50 and the 16mm I treated them all to B&W processing.

Lastly, the search for the lens came to an end yesterday. If you recall I posted that my daughters sent me a fathers day gift certificate to Adorama. Spent the past week or so looking at their inventory of Nikon MF, stuck at about 150 lenses and yesterday saw it jump to 171. Called and talked to (shameless plug) Steve Chill a rep I've been dealing with for years. Found what I wanted and found one more not yet listed and in better shape. No brainer, I bought it.

Should have it in a few days, meanwhile guesses welcome!

1       2       3              4022      
       4024              4184       4185       end