/forum/topic/929565/4002

1       2       3              4002      
       4004              5890       5891       end

nampramos
Total Posts: 1064

Who here owns the 200/2?

Which TC works with it?
Which ones work best?
Is it possible to use the new TCs with this lens?
Is a 400/4 AIS much better than the 200/2 with a 2x TC?

Thanks!

pburke
Total Posts: 3008

CGrindahl wrote:
pburke wrote:
kwoodard wrote:
51200 ISO

Sony A7S - goes to iso 409600

http://youtu.be/XgbUgNiHfXM

Pretty amazing performance. You must be a happy camper with your Sony setup. Maybe you want to initiate a thread in the Alternative Gear forum for folks shooting with Nikon MF lenses mounted on Sony cameras. Ronny is setup to join you and you might find others inspired to play that game. Looking at his results with the A7 on the Shooting with Tubes thread in the Macro World forum one can't help but be impressed. But my pockets aren't deep enough to support two systems and the Df is definitely calling to me...

Oops! I didn't read closely enough and assumed it was John posting that link. Sorry Peter. I don't know whether you're contemplating an investment in Sony gear or simply keeping in touch with what's on the market. John has been talking about a mirror less camera for ever and a day. The camera certainly works for him when hiking and may be attractive to you for the same reason...

I just came across that a few days ago after some guy in a hiking forum pointed out that my DSLR setup was a) too heavy and b) sucked compared to what compact cameras can do. Obviously, at $2500 for 12MP tit better be awesome. I'll never buy a Sony camera, given everything I have ever owned from Sony since the 1985 Walkman I bought (which still works today), has died shortly after the warranty ran out...

Ken Hill
Total Posts: 1118

CGrindahl wrote:
Fpessolano wrote:
Curtis, it will be fun, I took the 135Q because of your comparison and the fact I got one in very good condition at very low price. And because of your posts I took the 200/4QC ....

Perhaps that is the reason Laura keeps dropping that statue of the devil on this thread and points a finger at me...

In truth, hanging out on this thread will invariably tickle one's fancy for one or another of these fine lenses. There are many in my kit that came only because of what I'd seen others do with a given lens. I'm delighted it is working for you Francesco...

We've been doing this for one another for ALMOST four years. We celebrate our four year anniversary THIS Friday. Don't miss it!

Leighton is providing beer and lamb chops. I believe Reagan has promised dancing girls...

I never thought of it this way ... I thought the devil took control of Laura and others to spread NMFAS something to which you appear to be a carrier.. I see you are falling prey to NDfAS of which I'm now a carrier.

pburke

ok, back to how poorly my DSLR performed in the mountains. I even have to stitch images to get a proper wide angle view...

here 3 landscape frames with the 20mm f/3.5 on top of each other to get dramatic sky and cool rocks below at my feet. Processed as if Black and White, but then some Photoshop magic to give me best of both workds - tonal range of the SilverEfex version, color from Camera Raw version.

all three frames f/8 1/160s ISO 100, polarizer to get the water reflections to cooperate.

Ken Hill
Total Posts: 1118

leighton w wrote:
First shot with the 135mm f2.8 QC wide open. Sent it to John White last Monday and got it back today. He really does nice work and fast!

Hydrangea by T. Leighton Womack, on Flickr

Yes he does!

pburke

John White had his hands on my 105mm and 135mm. Haven't bought any other non-AI converted lenses lately. My 55 came with factory AI kit, and my28mm f/3.5 fell into a fish tank.

Stokesey
Total Posts: 1543

nampramos wrote:
Who here owns the 200/2?

Which TC works with it?
Which ones work best?
Is it possible to use the new TCs with this lens?
Is a 400/4 AIS much better than the 200/2 with a 2x TC?

Thanks!

I have one Nuno, and I know Ram has one too.

I have used TC14a, TC200, and TC-16a with it. And all are very capable. I cannot comment on difference with 400mm f4

I only have a 400mm f3.5. And don't use it often preferring the 200 plus 2x even though it's a tiny fraction slower.

Just my preference because I can't carry both big lenses and really like the 200mm so it's easy to carry TC200 with me in addition

Hope that's useful

Steve

nampramos
Total Posts: 1064

Thanks Steve. I sent you a PM!

By the way, MF-addicts: a 800/5.6 AIS just came up for sale here in Portugal. Asking price is 4500 EUR and includes the original case, an adapted TC17EII, has a Dandelion chip on, filter holder, hood, etc.

cadman342001
Total Posts: 4466

Back to Edinburgh museum

35/1.4Ai @ f2.8
_AGM2859 by AndyMacDougallPhotography, on Flickr

_AGM2853 by AndyMacDougallPhotography, on Flickr

another Dino
_AGM2709 by AndyMacDougallPhotography, on Flickr

and a Victorian drinking fountain commonly found in the streets of the city in Victorian times apparently
_AGM2721 by AndyMacDougallPhotography, on Flickr

Andy

Fpessolano
Total Posts: 278

Go for it Nuno! I will be happy with a 300/28 plus TC.

Joseph.
Total Posts: 3595

leighton w wrote:
Love the first one Joseph!

Thanks, Leighton

kwoodard wrote:
51200 ISO

Yep, actually the Df can go up to 204800 ISO but it gets really noisy

monday wrote:

Joseph, Nice grabs while riding around. Love the shadow pic.

Thanks Ryan!

Lieutenant Z wrote:
a view of the Beaujolais, near Lyon, in the "pierres dorées" area :

Wow, that is a very serene capture! I can look at this all day.

CGrindahl wrote:
I have to say, the appearance of more photos taken with the Df is keeping the juices stirred. When things slow down a bit at Sue's new condo, I'll have to get serious about selling the D700 so I can begin shopping for a used Df. I'd promised myself I wouldn't spend more than $2,000 for a body but I felt a twitchy fingers when I saw one listed on the Buy and Sell board a few days ago for $2,075. Mmm... but not until the D700 is passed along to someone with a thousand bucks... Send your friends my way...

Go for it Curt! You and the Df are made for each other I love the Df, and it's what got me hooked really deep on MFNG. So when you get a Df, which color are you getting??

RicHammond
Total Posts: 357

Go for black Df. My thinking is the markings on the dials will be easier to see in low light.

again D300 135mm f2.8 AIS. This is located in a town on the north shore of Big Bear Lake called Fawnskin. The park has these life size statues. Very strange as they are of random people with no theme. Cowboy, Fighter Pilot, Indian, Baseball Player, Cop. Now that I think of it it's the Village People theme! The park is a donation from Shirley Jones.

tough guy by ric_hammond, on Flickr

RicHammond

kinda freaky

Mavrick by ric_hammond, on Flickr
Chief of Fawnskin by ric_hammond, on Flickr

Stokesey
Total Posts: 1543

Lieutenant Z wrote:
a view of the Beaujolais, near Lyon, in the "pierres dorées" area :

A couple of my favourite restaurants are in the Beaujolais region

Chez La Rose Juliénas is one of them

Love a place in Morgon too

So much good wine there. Mmmmmmm I might need another visit after the harvest

Thanks for the reminder Phillipe

Steve

monday
Total Posts: 260

It would be fun to have a super long lens for urban spying from my place. Most likely will get one next year. However the prices on these MF compare if not more then the new tamron 150-600 that many people are raving about. So may have to end up going that route.

georgms
Total Posts: 4045

monday wrote:
It would be fun to have a super long lens for urban spying from my place. Most likely will get one next year. However the prices on these MF compare if not more then the new tamron 150-600 that many people are raving about. So may have to end up going that route.

Reminds me of this and the controversial debate about it.
Apart from the legal and ethical questions I think it's a interesting counterpart to today's selfie-flood.

RicHammond

monday wrote:

Jimmy Stewart like?

jhinkey
Total Posts: 8410

Finally sorted through and batch post-processed all of my images from Mt. Adams - they can all be seen here:
http://hinkey.zenfolio.com/p376949475

Most taken with the 16/3.5, 45/2.8P, and 135/3.5 AIS, but a few were taken with the 20/2.8D and a batch was taken with the Sony A7r (16/3.5 and 135/3.5 only).

I still plan on selecting a few more for posting here.

- john

georgms

Ric, nice takes on the "Village People" ;-)

Peter, cool processing of your lake-shot.

Joseph, the dull late evening light works great on "shipwrecked".

Leighton, congrats to your Ai'd 135/2.8 QC - the bokeh is really nice.

Philippe, your view of the Beaujolais makes me wanna visit this area - beautiful shot of this piece of the world.

Ronny, love your coastal-shots!

Steve, wow, the old Merc looks like the definition of a luxury two-seater. No modern car is even close in terms of "class". Thanks for sharing!

Ray, hope you've had a nice birthday! The sunset is stunning.

John, the tiny yellow blossom works great under the blue sky.

Ken, the plumbing connector is nicely spotted! I think the lens is a 200-400, but could be wrong. Still have the original hoods for my long lenses, but it's good to know that there are much cheaper replacements available.

David, very nice skyline-shot. The red reflection works great.

Philip, I always liked your shots with the 28/2.8 and the two recent ones are no exception. Still have to try the 28/2.8 Ais, but with so many other nice lenses it's hard to pick one up just to try it out ;-)

Samy, I like your "tropical bokeh". Btw, stumbled across a NIKKOR-T 10,5CM/4,0 + LENS HOOD/CAP in "A condition" from a reputable seller, but the pricetag of 1088 Euros made me back off But it's a very cool lens and as demonstrated a good performer.

Paul, the "semi-selfie" with the guy behind the window is fantastic. Love the field-images and the "Calella de Palafrugell" too.

Rafael, I really enjoy looking at your work with the old 5.8cm Nikkor. The F with sportsfinder and the lovely Sekonic is a beauty.

Scott, the B&W-image is my fav from your tractor-set, not for it's lack of colors or better wonderful multitude of grey-tones, but for it's framing.

georgms

Thanks for the kind comments and likes on the images from the Baltic Sea - really much appreciated! The Danish and Swedish coasts are full of fantastic subjects, wish I had a bit more time to explore it.

Here's another typical view on one of the many small Danish coast-villages, also taken from a moving boat with the 400/3.5:

typical church by georgsfoto, on Flickr

1       2       3              4002      
       4004              5890       5891       end