/forum/topic/929565/3899

1       2       3              3899      
       3901              5890       5891       end

lsds
Total Posts: 169

One from a few evenings ago..105 2.5 AI @f2.5

nampramos
Total Posts: 1064

Nice one Lestor! I like the framing and PP.

I did not get into the timelapses yet since these old Nikkor's aren't really made for astrophotography (never tried the 58 Noct). I recently bought a Samyang 14/2.8 that is now on the mail coming my way and with that one I will venture into time lapses. I have seen quite a few ones that I would like to replicate and I have already read some tutorials about it as well. I am leaving Azores next Friday and after that I will spend the month of August in mainland Portugal. I will see if I can find a dark enough spot around where I will be staying. Otherwise in September when I am back in Sweden that should not be a big problem.

To everyone else, thank you very much for your likes and comments. Sorry I haven't been very active with likes and comments myself but time in front of the laptop as been very little this past week. I am doing some PP right now on photos from today (whale watching) and will upload them in a few minutes.

dhamments
Total Posts: 1105

I tried out the new Nikon D810 as well as a Nikon DF today. I can't say my DF experience was enjoyable. I was able to mount the non AI 16 millimeter I recently purchased on the DF, however the camera and lens didn't feel great in my hands. The grip is just too shallow.The D810 however was another story. The camera feels great, the shutter is extremely quiet and the out of camera jpegs blew me away. Lots to think about!
Cheers for now, David.

nampramos

It is time to go to bed here but before I do that, I will share some photos from today that I just finished PP.

I shot all of them with the 85/1.4 AIS, the longest lens I brought with me. For that reason, I am not sharing any whale photos since we couldn't get closer than 50 meters from them, unless they chose to come to us (which they didn't this time).

The view from the whale watching boutique, while we were given the briefing. This is Pico mountain, 2300 meters high, the one we spent the night at the top and I took some Milky Way photos.

DSC_9504-Edit.jpg by Nuno André Ramos, on Flickr

My brother on the left and my friend from Sweden on the right, all geared up to go whale watching.

DSC_9506-Edit.jpg by Nuno André Ramos, on Flickr

En route to see some Sperm whales with a newborn, while they came to the surface to breath.

DSC_9718-Edit.jpg by Nuno André Ramos, on Flickr

One of the other boats that was going around with us. Great whale watching company, carrying a lot for the environment and the animals, definitely recommend them: espacotalassa.com

DSC_9754-Edit.jpg by Nuno André Ramos, on Flickr

nampramos

And some color ones, also with the 85/1.4 AIS, for those of you that don't really enjoy my B&W shots

DSC_9548.jpg by Nuno André Ramos, on Flickr

This little fellow appeared right next to our boat and the crew quickly grabbed it and tagged it. They are born in Florida and this whale watching company has an agreement with Florida's University to tag them when they see one of these around the Azores so that they can study their migration patterns.

DSC_9683.jpg by Nuno André Ramos, on Flickr

All the attention at this time was to the above turtle, which was on our boat.

DSC_9689.jpg by Nuno André Ramos, on Flickr

Here's one of the better ones with the 85/1.4 AIS of some common dolphins that were playing around our boat. Some even jumped to the air but I couldn't turn the camera around quickly enough.

DSC_9832.jpg by Nuno André Ramos, on Flickr

More can be seen on my Flickr page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nampramos/

stedge
Total Posts: 920

Hello, all, been away a while. Will need to catch up but with the quick review I have done I must say there is some beautiful work going on.

We had a new addition to the family. He's another boxer, and his name's Cooper (to go along with our 4yo boxer, Magnus, aka "Turd"). Hanging out with my daughter.

200/4 ais

cadman342001
Total Posts: 4466

Abandoned barn in Wales

35/1.4 @ 2.8
_AGM3319 by AndyMacDougallPhotography, on Flickr

_AGM3317 by AndyMacDougallPhotography, on Flickr

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 2486

Sorry for an accidental duplicate post.

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 2486

Great to see this thread threading along, love to see Curtis doing mission work.

My family is gone, now I can take pictures, but unfortunately it was a sad day today.

My bigger Eucalyptus used to be a lush tree with lots of hanging branches and leaves, it is the tree in the center of this photo.

Wildflowers 28mm F3.5@f11 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Then it got in the habit of dropping big branches, not sure why, it had dead wood inside parts of the trunk. The last huge branch that broke off left it split in half with a long crack running down the center.

It had to come down, which made me very sad, it became unsafe.

nikon nikkor 35 200mm 3.5 ais D3 The tree had to come down 5 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 35 200mm 3.5 ais D3 The tree had to come down by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 35 200mm 3.5 ais D3 The tree had to come down 2 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 35 200mm 3.5 ais D3 The tree had to come down 3 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Firewood for years to come, I wish it would rain. This last one is with the 135 2.0.

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4682

Here is a first for me, but it involves the processing, not the gear. I have been looking for free solutions to use on a Linux operating system. I have been having issues with Windows and have wanted to try out Linux for a while. Let me know what you think on the processing. For color calibration, I imported the ICC profile from my Windows machine, I can't use my calibration tool on Linux just yet...

D7000 and Nikkor 55mm f/1.2 @ f/2.8

_DSC9942 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

Fpessolano
Total Posts: 278

Today is my youngest birthday, so I need to share his photo when he got his favs ... The dinos!
As I said the 180 does good also for portraits!

leighton w
Total Posts: 12621

Eric - good to see you again. Great portrait of your daughter and a cute puppy.

Kevin - I think it works, but for me, I'd like to see a tad more contrast, especially in the mid-tones. Perhaps a gentle s-curve would do it. YMMV.

leighton w

I've been a very very bad man. I actually purchased an AF lens thinking I might need it for a job coming up in a couple of weeks. Well, the short of it is, that I already have in the box heading back to KEH. The lens itself (Tamron 28-75mm f2.8) was capable, but I DID NOT like the whole experience of the capture, I felt so out of place and struggled at times with focus points and exposure. I think I'll stick with with our beloved MF lenses from now on.

The only two images I'm happy with can be seen here. http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1218828/87#12475124

georgms
Total Posts: 4045

Kevin, the creamy tones are a nice match for the subject.

georgms

Rafael, sorry to see the Eucalyptus going. California's water-shortage is a theme in some papers over here - hope you'll get some rain.

georgms

Francesco, nice candid of your youngest. Dino-unboxing makes a great subject ;-)

Eric, nice to hear from you. Congrats to the newest family-member.

Andy, very nice and moody barn-images from Wales!

Jose, as usual excellent portraits of the nectar-robber.

Nuno, nice sets from the Azores. Nice portrait of the turtle and it's portraitists ;-)

Curtis, the 85/1.8's bokeh works very well on the Father-statue. Love your play with lines an shadows on the two architectural images.

Lestor, nice bench-shot. I've shot a bit with MF-Nikkor's the past weeks, but don't really like most of the results (has nothing to do with the lenses used).

Samy, Tri-X and your 18/3.5 team up really well.

mp356
Total Posts: 5639

leighton w wrote:
I've been a very very bad man. I actually purchased an AF lens thinking I might need it for a job coming up in a couple of weeks. Well, the short of it is, that I already have in the box heading back to KEH. The lens itself (Tamron 28-75mm f2.8) was capable, but I DID NOT like the whole experience of the capture, I felt so out of place and struggled at times with focus points and exposure. I think I'll stick with with our beloved MF lenses from now on.

The only two images I'm happy with can be seen here. http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1218828/87#12475124

I can sympathize. I tried using one of the AF lenses I have last week and it was a very strange experience. It felt out of control for focus point. Must admit, I did the same and just carried MF glass recently. I still feel I need to have a couple AF lenses around for those times when fast focusing is needed.

leighton w

mp356 wrote:
leighton w wrote:

I can sympathize. I tried using one of the AF lenses I have last week and it was a very strange experience. It felt out of control for focus point. Must admit, I did the same and just carried MF glass recently. I still feel I need to have a couple AF lenses around for those times when fast focusing is needed.

Maybe we have become too set in our ways. As far as fast focusing goes, I haven't a need for it at this time. That's NOT to say that I won't in the future though.

leighton w

Ok, back to what I know best, MF. To my friends in the Netherlands, I drink to you.

Amsterdam by T. Leighton Womack, on Flickr

Reagan
Total Posts: 4619

Beautiful state park just north of Tallahassee,Fl

Reagan

1       2       3              3899      
       3901              5890       5891       end