Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/3876

1       2       3              3876      
       3878              4263       4264       end

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2900

Glad that I am not the only one who thinks about folks from this thread when taking or processing a shot. I really like the Caddy set Curtis. When I was looking at the final shot (your f/2, I think it is perfect at f/2), there is a vintage processing plugin in the VSCO pack (it is like SEP) that would give the shot a touch of 70's feel that I think would make the shot stand out.

Alan Yuen
Total Posts: 29

Another shot with my D7000 + 200mm F4 ai, haven't used it much at all but got it for such a bargain and works so well !

HCE HCE
Total Posts: 498

Alan He looks big!

D800 50mm f/1.2

-Jay-

craigjohn
Total Posts: 148

kwoodard wrote:
Glad that I am not the only one who thinks about folks from this thread when taking or processing a shot. I really like the Caddy set Curtis. When I was looking at the final shot (your f/2, I think it is perfect at f/2), there is a vintage processing plugin in the VSCO pack (it is like SEP) that would give the shot a touch of 70's feel that I think would make the shot stand out.

I just bought VSCO film pack 01 and 04 last week, and I'm really grooving the film grain these actions/presets produce. I imagine at some point I'm going to own all 5 packs, but I'll probably only use a three presets consistently for my weddings and portraits - two for black/white and Portra 800 for color. I'm not necessarily trying to replicate the film, but simply remove as much of the digital aspect out of the photo - and really, it all starts with using these old Nikkor lenses.

And yes, I know I can (and do) shoot film.

gbohannon
Total Posts: 11

Curtis and everyone,

Thanks for the warm welcome! I will try not to be a stranger. I do have a full time job and a full time teenager so my posts may not be a frequent as others. But I promise to try to make them as productive as possible.

George

pburke
Total Posts: 2077

I hope you realize that you made a potentially very expensive decision when you chose to come back to this thread frequently

davidthejr
Total Posts: 59

A couple more with the D7000 and 50mm f/1.8 series E. All at f/4

ISO 125 - 1/50

ISO 125 - 1/500

mp356
Total Posts: 4304

Some new faces here in the past 24 hours. Welcome aboard. One word of advice, this thread is addictive. Also, watch out for the NMFAS virus.

davidthejr

mp356 wrote:
...One word of advice, this thread is addictive. Also, watch out for the NMFAS virus.

+1 to that

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7717

Jose, yeah, I sold it a couple years ago, I think it was, to our lurker in India I did post it here on the board that I was unloading it then. And no, I'm not selling Nikki's sister, but for you, I would part with the Rokinon 1.4 version and possibly the extra 50-135

asiostygius wrote:
Too busy last days and unfortunately no time for shooting. Anyway I managed to read all pages every night using a lot the "like button".

Just have to mention the stunning duck shots from Ronny

And Laura, with so many 85/1.4 lenses, won't you sell your 85/1.8 for me?
Too bad you sold your second copy of the 80-200/4.5 before I know it.
And if you are willing to get rid of one of yours 50-135, who knows I can get it ?

Inspired by "Curtis' workers that will install a pipe", I found these "old" shots (2011) of other workers over here, in a time when I was exploring more my 600mm f/5.6 ais ED-IF:

Tractor 100m away, with Nikkor 600mm f5.6 ais por labecoaves, no Flickr

D7000 + Nikkor 600mm f/5.6 ai-s IF-ED + tripod. ISO 400, f/11 at 1/320s. The tractor was ~100m away.

2011-10-24_07-21-45h-web-600ais-40%-crop por labecoaves, no Flickr

D7000 + Nikkor 600mm f/5.6 ai-s IF-ED + tripod. ISO 400, f/8 at 1/800s. The worker was ~90m away. ~40% cropped.

NightOwl Cat

Sounds like a good plan John. I did something similar for photos of my husband with the kids and grandkids, for each of the kids and grandkids, had it printed through AdoramaPix and they turned out nicely.

jhinkey wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:
Beautiful images of Oreo, John. Always hate when one of my pets die, but glad you were able to capture the dog's personality through your shots, too.

jhinkey wrote:
We got the news this morning that one of my father-in-law's favorite dogs passed away yesterday after a somewhat short battle with cancer.
Over the years I've tried to capture some good images of his dogs just for such occasions and this inevitable occasion has indeed arrived.

One of photography's functions is to sufficiently record the present so in the future it can be better remembered as the past.

Here's a few images of the aptly-named Oreo with various MF Nikkors and Nikon DSRLs.

- John

She had a very very good home & life - my wife always jokes that her father took better care of his dogs than he did his own children. I'm going to take all the photos of her (Oreo) and put them into a little book for my father-in-law as a memento.

NightOwl Cat

Jay, great that the neighbors got together and helped out your friend! Looks like someone's knitting got a little out of hand and yeah, I think there's some sort of marketplace here already . Now a 12 step program might be handy...

HCE HCE wrote:
Scott Noon at the train station! Nice shot.

Chin Wonderful shot of the sleeping woman.

James _Great_ shots with the 28mm f/2.

Kevin Beautiful flower detail!

John Nice dog portraits.

NightOwl Cat What this forum needs is on line ordering.

George Beautiful, my favorite is the 1st one.

Ray The Location shot is nice. I couldn't chose between the B&W and the color museum shots, I like them both for different reasons, a whole lot!

Jose Very sharp! I tried some ocean side telephoto shots but the atmospheric seeing wrecked havoc!

Philippe Looks frozen in time.

Thanks to a lot of hard work by her neighbors my dear friend is back from a nursing home and is in her own house, celebrating!
It was a wonderful party.

D800 35mm f/1.4 AIS @ 1.4
Happy Birthday!

-Jay-

zephyres
Total Posts: 104

davidthejr wrote:

mp356 wrote:
...One word of advice, this thread is addictive. Also, watch out for the NMFAS virus.

+1 to that

+1 on that note.. There is 50mm 1.2 on the buy and sell board

mp356
Total Posts: 4304

Grain silo converted to offices. Taken with the 85 1.8 HC.
Scott

StonePhotog
Total Posts: 117

I haven't had time to post much, but I did get out a few weeks ago and snapped some flower shots in my front yard. This was with the 55mm f3.5, a true bargain of a lens.

davidthejr

(Whistles) that's a nice looking piece of glass. Thanks for the tip off!! unfortunately I think I'm gonna let this one go. I think I'm gonna save up for either a 35, or a 28 or 24. I think it was the 28 that had the close focus, I could be wrong but that has a cool look to the pictures. If you all have any advice I'm all ears!!

zephyres wrote:
davidthejr wrote:

mp356 wrote:

+1 to that

NightOwl Cat

That's a darn good price.

davidthejr wrote:
(Whistles) that's a nice looking piece of glass. Thanks for the tip off!! unfortunately I think I'm gonna let this one go. I think I'm gonna save up for either a 35, or a 28 or 24. I think it was the 28 that had the close focus, I could be wrong but that has a cool look to the pictures. If you all have any advice I'm all ears!!

zephyres wrote:
davidthejr wrote:

mp356 wrote:

+1 to that

cadman342001
Total Posts: 2934

Back online at last !

here's a few from the Mountain Bike World Cup round held nearby last week for Reagan and any other admirers of the female form. 180/2.8 ais wide open

Untitled by AndyMacDougallPhotography, on Flickr

Andy

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2900

Nice Andy, especially like the final shot.

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5101

Zichar wrote:
These were taken two days before I met Dean
Like a practice run you might say
I was intimidated! I hadn't shot streets in ages
I must have walked past her 6 times... or more
She woke up a couple of times just as I approached
Had my wife buy bananas at the next stall (amazingly sweet, had a distinct 'fuzzy' mouth feel)

D700 + 28 2.8 AIS
Sometimes I feel like I'm cheating with Auto ISO

on nights like these by Zichar, on Flickr

It's not you cheating Chin it's the camera

1       2       3              3876      
       3878              4263       4264       end