A few more taken at the USF Botanical Gardens

135mm 2.0 AIS

55mm 1.2 K

Lovely Ray ! nice colours on the statue

Andy

cadman342001
Total Posts: 2898

dhamments wrote:
It's off to bed in Oz for now, and I leave you with a three image pano taken with my current favourite MF lens... the 28 2.8 ais

Cheers and good light,
David

Fantastic pano David, love the comp wit the tree and the sand spit.

Andy

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 13095

This needs to be posted again Chin. It is a really fine image. Love the work you're doing with film... inspiring even though not enough to convince me to contact Matt to ask for my FA back... I'll leave film to those of you who can find processing or do it yourself. But I love the work...

Zichar
Total Posts: 3521

Thanks Curtis. I've been pleased with some of the results (and the above image for that matter). I also went the consumer film route, hoping to bypass some of the cost by using the local supermart lab. Quality's alright I guess, though some can be downright nasty. Oddly that don't seem to matter too much to me since I still need to transform them to the image in my mine.

I'm browsing through another forum and have realised you can mount non-AI lenses with the DF with ease by flipping the AI tab out of the way. Not sure how I missed reading that feature. Have you had the chance to play around with one yet? Seems like that would enable you buy more non-AI lenses without waiting for that rare already-obsolete conversion-kit-ready version.
Though the thought did strike me now as I type it ... Or is it merely for the 'thrill of the chase'?

Zichar
Total Posts: 3521

Here's another from the other side
Had wanted to make it a second-parter to the duotone image above
But gave in to the sunset colours, washed out the rest instead and painted it in

FE2 + 28 2.8 AIS w/Ultramax 400

you should know i bleed blue by Zichar, on Flickr

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 2981

georgms wrote:
Philippe, very nice framing of the Lyon-shot. Is your move done?

Yes and no : I've been working in Lyon since last monday but I'm planning on moving the whole family to Lyon next summer at the end of the classes.

Thanks for the kind comment.

nampramos
Total Posts: 352

Great photos everyone! This thread gives me a lot of inspiration!

Here is one from yesterday´s afternoon chill in the garden.

Higher quality here: http://500px.com/photo/67624875

DSC_0335.jpg by Nuno André Ramos, on Flickr

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2882

Btw everyone that used the English Flickr... They now have restored the BBCode link to host images on forums like this one. Forgot to mention it when I posted yesterday.

Thank you for the compliments. I figured out a couple things converting to black and white and how to tone for the conversion. I personally love black and white more than color. Someone said that black and white "speaks to him in a way color can't..." I agree. Now I am all for nice vibrant color, but with what I figured out, will be seeing a lot more monochrome work from me.

HCE HCE
Total Posts: 487

Ronny I compared the 300 f/4.5 EDIF with a non EDIF 300mm f/4.5. There is a _big_ difference in image scale per given extension with the IF model falling far short.
Curiously I didn't see any difference in IQ, but this was just a quick outing, and not a very 'scientific' test.
We all know what beautiful work you do with tubes, so I thought I'd mention this.
I have a 300 f/2.8 AF too, but haven't tried it with tubes.

D800 55mm f/1.2

-Jay-

Fons Baerken
Total Posts: 82

d800 85mm f/1.4 ais

leighton w
Total Posts: 9288

WOW! 11 pages since my last visit. You guys are pumping it out!

Here's a couple from yesterday with the 50-135. This first one is a young family that have been customers of ours ever since they moved to town.

The Walters by Leighton Womack, on Flickr

And some tulips the City planted next to the market. Needless to say it was photography extensively by all.

Tulips by Leighton Womack, on Flickr

leighton w

kwoodard wrote:
Btw everyone that used the English Flickr... They now have restored the BBCode link to host images on forums like this one. Forgot to mention it when I posted yesterday.

Kevin, FWIW, it was always there. They just renamed the "Push Pin" tab BACK to BBCode.

They have also renamed "Sets" to "Albums".

saph
Total Posts: 2312

The sets vs. albums stumped me for a bit before I got it.

This is from Central Park, S2 + 5cm 1.4 SC on Ektar 100 film.

CentralParkGardenStairway by maryland_photos, on Flickr

leighton w

Samy, you're really getting the most out of that S2.

kape06111
Total Posts: 60

DF and 50 f1.2 AIS (testing)

leighton w

kape06111 wrote:
DF and 50 f1.2 AIS (testing)

Hans is it? Nice work with the 1.2, and welcome to the thread.

nampramos

Guys, my newly acquired 105/2.5 Ai is stuck wide open. When I rotate the aperture ring, nothing happens.

I actually can't remember testing this out when I got it in the mail (stupid, I know) and I think I've only shot wide open so far.

Today I tried shooting at f/8 and it was super overexposed and it was then I realized the aperture isn't working.

Is this an easy fix?

EDIT: It actually moved now, after a bit of shaking and turning of the aperture ring and moving the focus ring. So it isn't completely broken but there's probably something a bit loose inside, right?

ramkumar999

Do you see any oil in the blades when you close down? Also try pressing diwn the aperture prong near the rear element once the apwrture is closed down. It should spring back and forth.
nampramos wrote:
Guys, my newly acquired 105/2.5 Ai is stuck wide open. When I rotate the aperture ring, nothing happens.

I actually can't remember testing this out when I got it in the mail (stupid, I know) and I think I've only shot wide open so far.

Today I tried shooting at f/8 and it was super overexposed and it was then I realized the aperture isn't working.

Is this an easy fix?

EDIT: It actually moved now, after a bit of shaking and turning of the aperture ring and moving the focus ring. So it isn't completely broken but there's probably something a bit loose inside, right?

mp356
Total Posts: 4287

24 hours, 6 pages, and amazing photos. Great work everyone. Wore out the like button.
Scott

Fons Baerken
Total Posts: 82

ramkumar999 wrote:

Do you see any oil in the blades when you close down? Also try pressing diwn the aperture prong near the rear element once the apwrture is closed down. It should spring back and forth.
nampramos wrote:

Is this an easy fix?

it may be on the camera the ring right on the aperturering got stuck temperarily there is a lever that controls the aperture on the camera mechanically

1       2       3              3805      
       3807              4242       4243       end