Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/3802

1       2       3              3802      
       3804              4263       4264       end

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 1425

Very nice photos everyone.

Went to Grand street Cruising again. This time the 5.8cm D3, all photos at 1.4. Iris does not work on this lens, gets stuck but it does not matter.

Fords today. Pardon Flickrs JPG artifacts.

nikon nikkor 5.8cm 1.4 D3 Back Ford woody by Rafael CA, on Flickr
nikon nikkor 5.8cm 1.4 D3 Flamed Ford Pickup by Rafael CA, on Flickr
nikon nikkor 5.8cm 1.4 D3 Red Ford Pickup by Rafael CA, on Flickr
nikon nikkor 5.8cm 1.4 D3 For Pickup tow by Rafael CA, on Flickr
nikon nikkor 5.8cm 1.4 Easter Bunny by Rafael CA, on Flickr

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 1425

Just in case you feel left out, here is a Chevy, errr... GMC, 5.8cm at 1.4

nikon nikkor 5.8cm 1.4 D3 Chevy pick up by Rafael CA, on Flickr

All the pictures above have different degrees of processing.

For showing what the 5.8cm does on its own at 1.4, this one below has standard picture control on the D3 and no processing other than jpeg conversion.

nikon nikkor 5.8cm 1.4 D3 Corvette no processing at 1.4 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 2991

Paul Gabel wrote:
Philippe like the dancing couple. I'm going to be in Lyon next week. It will be my first stay there, normale just passing through to the Mediterranean.

Thanks Paul. Take time to visit and look at as many places as you can, Lyon is indeed one of the most beautiful cities in France.

Zichar
Total Posts: 3530

This thread needs more temples...
I walk by this everyday as my parking lot is just beyond their gates
Since Dean has let up on the red and golds, I thought I should contribute some

FE2 + 28 2.8 AIS w/Ultramax 400

closed for the season by Zichar, on Flickr

nampramos
Total Posts: 354

A fresh one from today, lovely weather in Sweden. I am going back out again before it changes!!

DSC_0285.jpg by Nuno André Ramos, on Flickr

Shot with D610 + 105/2.5 Ai, wide open.

Happy Easter!

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2419

Great shot Nuno

NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8 ED AI-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 36mm von Ronny Olsson ( Thank's for over 3 000 000 views ) auf Flickr

NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8 ED AI-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 36mm von Ronny Olsson ( Thank's for over 3 000 000 views ) auf Flickr

Nikon 50 1.2 Ai-s von Ronny Olsson ( Thank's for over 3 000 000 views ) auf Flickr

saph
Total Posts: 2320

Nice way to start the morning on this thread: colorful classic cars, magnificent temple, photogenic dog, glowing flowers and an in-focus snail with its shell gently blurring away into the background!

Here's a Central Park artist in New York City with the S2 and 10.5cm 2.5 rangefinder lens.

Kodak UltraMax 400 film.

ArtistInNY by maryland_photos, on Flickr

Interesting history of this 10.5cm lens, its the first in Nikon's long, very successful line of 105mm lenses (On the photosynthesis site, I counted 30 variants including S-mount and F-mount), ending with the 105 f2 DC which is still made).

From the mir website, the 105mm focal length was unique, helping "dispel the shadowy image of often being labeled as an oriental "copycat" from the German counterparts." It was timed to follow the release of the S2 rangefinder, and introduced the standard 52mm filter size to Nikkors.

http://mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/nikon/nikkoresources/RF-Nikkor/RF105mm/index.htm

Zichar
Total Posts: 3530

Wow I must be doing something wrong, my Ultramax looks nothing like that!

cadman342001
Total Posts: 2934

There is a 105/1.8 (7/10) on the buy & sell for $350 if anyone is interested ?

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1287886

Heads up also, I'm letting my 135/2.8 ais and 180/2.8ED go as I have the 135/2 and minty 180 on the way.

PM me if interested, I paid $115 for the 135/2.8 and $299 for the 180 but am flexible. No interest they go on the buy and sell or ebay. Will post pics tomorrow.

Andy

zephyres
Total Posts: 104

DSC_4350 by A_N_I_L, on Flickr

Taken with Nikon Series E 75 - 150mm

deang001
Total Posts: 1541

Zichar wrote:
This thread needs more temples...
I walk by this everyday as my parking lot is just beyond their gates
Since Dean has let up on the red and golds, I thought I should contribute some

FE2 + 28 2.8 AIS w/Ultramax 400

closed for the season by Zichar, on Flickr

Nice ... and Nice to see the ol' FE2 in action again. Funny you you mention me & temples as I was at one yesterday showing some friends from Aus around. I used Fuji Fortia 50 slide film so no pics back for a week or so. I just hope I didn't screw anything up

James Markus
Total Posts: 4421

I just wanted to see this again - bravo!

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Place des Terreaux, Lyon :

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 2991

thank you, Jim, much appreciated.

NB. I really like Thoreau's words in your profile!

Stokesey
Total Posts: 792

Love your Argentine Tango pic Phillipe

Makes me want to rush back to France for more pix .....

The bee in action is superb Ronny !!

Samy your New York picture is almost Parisienne in style ....

Goerg, your monochrome is wonderful ....

Gregg the colour in those poppies certainly does look good .... how much better can it get ??

Andy ..... I want me some of those pure drugs ...... fed up with the impure ones ...

James ... that Pheobe is queen of all she surveys .... high maintenance I bet .....

Rafael ... your cars are always brilliant !!

Steve

Mr. G
Total Posts: 615

Ronny: Your snail looks ready for butter and garlic

Rafael: great set with the cars. I like the red Vette SOOC but maybe that's cause it's a Vette and I'm partial. If you set the camera to "vivid" it should pop like your processed photos

Andy: great set inside the old drug store. Is that a museum setting?

Georg: Love the person on the roof, especially the close up tele shot.

Everyone else: Great work, it is always enjoyed. I look forward to these pages every day.

Gregg

Stokesey
Total Posts: 792

Just going through some more of the pictures I took in Paris recently ....

And found two that made me think a little ....

What is it with French leaders .....

They always seem to be striding somewhere purposefully .....

Perhaps that's just the way it is in France ......

Steve

Mr. G
Total Posts: 615

cadman342001 wrote:
There is a 105/1.8 (7/10) on the buy & sell for $350 if anyone is interested ?

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1287886

Heads up also, I'm letting my 135/2.8 ais and 180/2.8ED go as I have the 135/2 and minty 180 on the way.

PM me if interested, I paid $115 for the 135/2.8 and $299 for the 180 but am flexible. No interest they go on the buy and sell or ebay. Will post pics tomorrow.

Andy

Andy

What would be the shipping $$ to the USA for the 135?

What's the condition, cosmetic / mechanical / optical?

Is the focus helicoid well dampened or does it turn very easily?

Thanks ..... Gregg

nampramos
Total Posts: 354

Been out all day in the garden with the D610 + 105/2.5 always close by. I might be turning the BBQ on in a bit.

Here are two more from Gordon.

DSC_0312.jpg by Nuno André Ramos, on Flickr

And a crop from the above.

DSC_0312-2.jpg by Nuno André Ramos, on Flickr

James Markus
Total Posts: 4421

Thanks Americo. It sounds like we have a common addiction to cats - or they to us. I have five, all but one are rescues.
Iggy is 16 years old, but in rough shape now. The vet predicted he would die within 6 weeks - 12 years ago.
Photo Here

Then there is Lucy...a store bought kitty about 12 years old
Photo Here

And Ciara who I rescued from the animal shelter in 2008...
Photo Here

Then Charlie - who is the only cat that adopted us. I'm not sure why he decided to live here, but he is the most gentle animal I have ever met.
Photo Here

Phoebe was abandoned by her mother under a deck at the age of three weeks old last summer. They had to take the deck apart to get to her, and she has charmed all the other cats and the rest of the family.
Another Photo Here

a.RodriguezPix wrote:
James Markus wrote:
Thanks for the comments about Phoebe. She was on her throne today (a chair covered with a throw).

I didn't stage this...she actually sits in the chair this way. PC-Nikkor 28mm f3.5 at about f4 or 5.6

I love that name! I might stil it, for my baby gray! Nice photo's! My girls names are, Luna Bleu, Soleil Tabitha, Jasmine Rose, Romea, and Valentina, because we thought those last two were boys! I'm a cat house, and well, I sleep on the floor. xD oh yeah, we named Isis, Isis, before we figured out she, is actually a he, however, my son insisted we kept calling him Isis, versus Osiris! Aslo, Cupid is the other brother, nd Kitty Kitty is their mom! Our outdoor cats are there as well, and, being the name crazy man I is, they are named as followed, Autumn, due to his time of birth, and color, Sage, likewise on the color, and their sister is Tommi, and their mama is Solstice. e have a boy that basically lives out there in our shed as well, and he hath been named, SOL! xD

dhamments
Total Posts: 303

Thanks for the likes everyone! There are so many fine photos uploaded daily on this forum that I find myself "liking" so many that I sometimes feel guilty when reading the sequential comments that some members take the time to compose. Rest assured that I look at each and every post despite not commenting as often as I'd like.....

It's off to bed in Oz for now, and I leave you with a three image pano taken with my current favourite MF lens... the 28 2.8 ais

Cheers and good light,
David

1       2       3              3802      
       3804              4263       4264       end