Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/3759

1       2       3              3759      
       3761              5891       5892       end

Ronny Olsson
Total Posts: 5072

Great set Craig

Nikkor 28 f2.8 ai-s von Ronny Olsson ( Thank's for over 3 000 000 views ) auf Flickr

Fons Baerken
Total Posts: 92

50mm f/1.2 ai-s

joanlvh
Total Posts: 1750

DF+501.2

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4683

Fons Baerken wrote:

50mm f/1.2 ai-s

Very nice Fons. Those roses look like they are made of silver.

nampramos
Total Posts: 1064

Tomorrow my new 85/1.4 will be here so today I decided to go for an evening walk with the 85/2.

Here are 3 I think came out alright...

DSC_1306.jpg by Nuno André Ramos, on Flickr

DSC_1307.jpg by Nuno André Ramos, on Flickr

DSC_1330.jpg by Nuno André Ramos, on Flickr

basilisk
Total Posts: 92

My main disappointment with my 105mm f2.5 AI is the minimum focus distance. Maybe I should have got the Micro.
Anyway, stuck it on my "dumb" 20mm pre AI extension tube, which forces me to work in Liveview, as the tube doesn't transmit aperture data. I actually like working like this, I would recommend anyone who wants to see proper DOF preview to get a magnifying LCD loupe - the cheap ones are fine if you don't need dioptre adjustment.

Here are a few shots, I like trying to find the idiosyncrasies of an optic. I like the cats-eye bokeh; I knew the 50mm f1.2 could do this, but I didn't know about the 105mm. 7 blades give heptagons on the shut down highlights - does the AIS version have 9 blades?

@ approx f5.6. Fairly tight crop
Alium by the water by JamesNewman, on Flickr

Wide open
Red Pear Sunset by JamesNewman, on Flickr

Wide open
Red Pear Sunset by JamesNewman, on Flickr

kwoodard

Nuno, I like the first two. The third needs some help. The bottom right where it appears nearly blown out needs to be "burned" down and the subject could use a little "dodging" to bring it up.

nampramos
Total Posts: 1064

Thanks for the feedback Kevin! I will play around with them tomorrow maybe. Now I basically only converted them to IR.

EDIT: I actually just edited it. Was bothering me after your comment You like it more now?

kwoodard

nampramos wrote:
Thanks for the feedback Kevin! I will play around with them tomorrow maybe. Now I basically only converted them to IR.

EDIT: I actually just edited it. Was bothering me after your comment You like it more now?

Yes, much better.

Stokesey
Total Posts: 1543

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Steve : as the Comte d'Auteroche did during the battle of Fontenoy in 1745, I should have said : "Messieurs les Anglais, tirez les premiers!" -)

Phillipe

If only I could draw first. Then I wouldn't need a camera.

But would I shoot first

And maybe ask questions later.

I will make an exception for you Phillipe, because you're so good at what you do with a camera.

Steve

Paul Gabel
Total Posts: 442

Craig, lovely light on the giraffe. The black and white works quite well. Like the purple family shot too.
James Newman, l Iike the red pears.

Ken Hill
Total Posts: 1118

My first thought was. Joe Thiesmans break!

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

craigjohn wrote:
Sorry to read of your news, Ken. Heal up quickly so you can get back to shoot's. ...and you know if ESPN would have caught that on video, it'd be replayed 100 times 'til saturday.

On Mother's day, Wisconsin's first weekend of glorious weather this year, the fam went to the madhouse that is the Milwaukee Zoo. The line of cars waiting to get into the zoo was nuts. The line of cars extended FAR down Bluemound RD in both directions. Instead of the 105/2.5 AIS, I brought my 135/2.8 AI'd. Here's what I saw.

Just a note on the first photo, those aren't parked cars down the side of the road - that's the line.

jhinkey
Total Posts: 8411

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Great set Craig

Nikkor 28 f2.8 ai-s von Ronny Olsson ( Thank's for over 3 000 000 views ) auf Flickr

Always great Ronny . . . never get tired of seeing these.

saph
Total Posts: 3699

Sorry, off topic, but this is a very sad piece of news - a young photojournalist died in Central African Republic. Seems like she was reporting from right in the midst of a conflict zone.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-27400896

cadman342001
Total Posts: 4467

Just say if I'm boring you. It won't stop me posting them but at least we'll know where we stand

1. 35/1.4 Ai @ f4
_AGM0685 by AndyMacDougallPhotography, on Flickr

2. 105/1.8 wide open
_AGM0736 by AndyMacDougallPhotography, on Flickr

3. 35/1.4 Ai wide open
_AGM0729 by AndyMacDougallPhotography, on Flickr

4. 105/1.8 wide open
_AGM0727 by AndyMacDougallPhotography, on Flickr

Andy

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 16784

You never need apologize for fine photos that are well presented. I enjoy the work you've been sharing with us the past few weeks. Of course, I'll be very interested in what you find during your holiday in Great Britain. Each of us is challenged to use the setting in which we find ourselves to find subjects that excite us. Granted, some of us have the advantage of being in particularly fascinating settings. I doubt any of us would complain, for example, about having the opportunity to spend time in Paris. I certainly had a great time shooting in Istanbul. But few of us are so blessed which means we're challenged to make the best of what we have. I'm enjoying what you've found to share with us Andy...

pbraymond
Total Posts: 1943

Ken Hill wrote:
Well I guess it's time to give a recap of the events of Friday night. Ray ,Jay and Reagan will tell you that I normally wear cowboy boots. Going to St. Augustine I decided to be a tourist and I had a brand-new pair of what are supposed to be good running shoes and run around in shorts and a T-shirt.

Coming down a flight of stairs from dinner my left shoe felt a little bit awkward and I noticed that the sole had come unglued from the bottom. So I stopped at a wrought-iron stanchion picked up my left leg tore the sole off and dropped it to the ground. What I failed to see that there was a drop from where I was a big drop standing and my next step came down on my right ankle twisted it and I heard the snap of the tibia bone and the second snap of the fibula. I knew it was broken and was unable to get up. Then I felt the patella on my left knee which was completely swollen and I immediately thought it was broken. I later learned that the hamstring became severed from it.

Just that quick and if I'd been wearing my cowboy boots I probably be posting pictures today. Many thanks again to everyone cheering me up.

Go about your lives and have fun, don't worry about the small stuff if it happens to you it will happen and you have no say in it.

Robin is been at my side since this happened. She has a bed inside the hospital room next to me and she's been nursing the nurses and nursing me. She got me some cherry ice pops yesterday was the best thing in this world I could've ever eaten.

I'm afraid there will be no surgery for my 55 1.2 SC lens. I might make a trophy out of it. Certainly never going to take a picture again but I did take some pictures after the incident and once I get my camera back I'll see if any of them came out.

I think it was John the pointed he went for a long run and found himself locked out. I think it's always a good idea if you're going to go anyplace hiking running or any place on the trail leave a note of when you're going to go when you going to come back. My incident happened in front of a group of people and 911 was only minutes away.

Thank you everyone for the kind words and the pms. Looking at the photos every day is a highlight I will stay in touch with this thread.

NightOwl Cat wrote:
When you're up to it, Ken, I've got to hear the story of the hike gone bad. Makes me think I need some sort of noisemaker in my pockets now when I go out. I think your wife is going to need quite a few prayers too.

Ken Hill wrote:
Yesterday you brightened my day. Strangers with a common interest, and for the most part who have never met face-to-face we really formed a bond.

Somewhere in my destroyed D700 is a door for Leighton, mile marker "0" of the Spanish Trail that starts in St. Augustine and ends in San Diego. Perhaps a mission for Rafael to find the other end.

So the prognosis is this I have a right ankle that I can't put any weight on for the next six weeks. My left leg is braced stiff, that's the one with the hamstring reattachment and knee injury. They have got me stand with a walker and hop yes I did say hop a couple of feet.

Thank you Ray for getting the word out, all for the PMs, well wishes, emails and cheerful sentiment. Keep up the Great photography it is a highlight of my day. I owe you all a debt of gratitude.

Wow Ken, my legs and ankles just shivered reading your account. Praying for a speedy recovery.

pbraymond

Steve, awesome first shot from under the bridge. I'm a sucker for symmetry like that and you caught some great lighting on the water as well.

Craig, beautiful family beautifully captured!

Phillipe, keep the Tuileries pics coming. You too Steve.

Kevin, looks like you're shooting again! Hooray, and the pics are't too shabby either :-)

James (Newman), what great work with the 105 + tubes. Wonderful lighting and background selection.

pbraymond

D700 28 f2.8 AIS, purely visual b+w processing, simply by moving sliders around. I do wish I had played more with the Nik Efx when I had it on a trial run, but things got bus right after I started the trial.

jhinkey
Total Posts: 8411

cadman342001 wrote:
Just say if I'm boring you. It won't stop me posting them but at least we'll know where we stand

1. 35/1.4 Ai @ f4
_AGM0685 by AndyMacDougallPhotography, on Flickr

2. 105/1.8 wide open
_AGM0736 by AndyMacDougallPhotography, on Flickr

3. 35/1.4 Ai wide open
_AGM0729 by AndyMacDougallPhotography, on Flickr

4. 105/1.8 wide open
_AGM0727 by AndyMacDougallPhotography, on Flickr

Andy

Not boring at all! Keep 'em coming!

1       2       3              3759      
       3761              5891       5892       end