Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/3684

1       2       3              3684      
       3686              4320       4321       end

mike-in-ak
Total Posts: 221

For all the Aurora junkies (like me )

These were all shot with a D3s - Nikkor 24mm /2.0 combination at varying ISO / shutter speeds. The Corona's were shot with an aperture of /2.8

Sorry if it's an over abundance.

adh67
Total Posts: 561

Nice Aurora shots. I like the trees in the foreground on nr1

Bert

adh67

MDoc9523 wrote:
Here are a few more photos from Hollis Garden in Lakeland using the D600 and my new 135mm F2

I really like the last one great picture.

Bert

adh67

A few more from the back yard. This time with the 135mm F3.5 Ai and a PK12 extension tube.

Bert

jhinkey
Total Posts: 6045

adh67 wrote:
A few more from the back yard. This time with the 135mm F3.5 Ai and a PK12 extension tube.

Bert

Excellent! The 135/3.5 is an excellent lens and holds up very very well on today's high MP sensors. I have been searching for a lighter weight 135mm from any manufacturer and so far have not come up with one that is better optically and lighter/smaller too.

georgms
Total Posts: 3479

adh67 wrote:

Bert

jhinkey wrote:
Excellent! The 135/3.5 is an excellent lens and holds up very very well on today's high MP sensors. I have been searching for a lighter weight 135mm from any manufacturer and so far have not come up with one that is better optically and lighter/smaller too.

+1 Bert, beautiful work with the humble 135/3.5!
The 135/3.5 Ai (paid about 30 Euros for copy with dented filter-ring, but clean glass) and a worn 55/3.5 Micro (about 45-50 Euros) are on top of my bang-for-buck list ;-)

Mr. G
Total Posts: 615

Beautiful work all. I am committed to working around the house today so I quickly used the Like button.

My favorite today being saph's shots of the memorial sculpture in Baltimore.

Have a great rest of the weekend.....

Gregg

Mishu01
Total Posts: 2389

saph wrote:
The Katyn Memorial in Baltimore, where President Street coming from downtown meets Aliceanna street, which heads out into the historic Fells Point waterfront district. Also with the 35 OC.

KatynMemorial1 by maryland_photos, on Flickr

Katyn forest, near Smolensk in Russia, was where nearly 22,000 captured Polish officers were massacred under orders of Stalin in 1940. Interesting and recent further tragedy was the Polish president and his entourage died on their way to the 70th anniversary commemoration in 2010. Their aircraft crashed on approach to Smolensk. Memorials to the 1940 massacre have been built worldwide including the one in Baltimore.

Very interesting pictures of Katyn Memorial! Thanks for sharing!

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 3018

It is well known that girls are always late.....

mp356
Total Posts: 4353

Rafael, I like the straight on elevation view of the farmhouse. The windmill in nicely placed.

John, lovely sunsets.

Peter, nice play with the water droplets. Great idea on using colored water.

Buddy, great street scenes at night.

David, nice beach series.

Jay, I like the graphic lines of the palm.

Ken, nice work with the 25-50 at sunrise. Great colors.

Samy, I like the "Workshop" composition very much.

Chin, Oolong is a great model. Luckily she works relatively cheap.

Jeff, nice capture of the Pelican.

Ray, I like the Hollis Garden entry arch.

Roberto, the 28 2.8 does do nice close-up work. These are very nice.

Mike, great aurora images.

Bert, nice looking backyard flowers.

Philippe, great mood, setting, and composition captured here. Very nice.

mp356
Total Posts: 4353

The sun is trying to bring spring our way. It managed to peak thru some snow squall clouds for a brief visit today. Taken with the 16 f3.5 (de-fished in LR).
Scott

pburke
Total Posts: 2131

A few more water drops today - the first two actually were milk drops into water. Same setup with the 105mm f/2.5 AI but closer with slightly longer extension tubes to get in closer,

dhamments
Total Posts: 337

Zichar wrote:
David: Beautiful scene, brings back a lot of travel memories for me. My brother, wife and I once trudged up barefoot from the beach back to our tent, north WA, off Quobba. It was dark, past sunset, and I handed my brother the tripod and told him to watch out for snakes in the low bushes. All of a sudden he stopped, the rest of us bumping in back-to-back like Larry, Curly and Moe. The whites of his eyes showing in the darkness as he stage whispered, I think I saw something slither across the trail. We shouted then ran as quick as we could, goose-stepping all the way up.

That's wonderful Jay. I love the colours and the background just seem like rays shooting out

Samy: Probably a stretch stretch stretch stretch stretch humvee limo

Thanks for looking Chin! Funny you should mention the snake... as we left the beach after sunset and travelled up the dirt road back to our camp we came across a smallish (6 foot long) carpet python soaking up the heat on the road. He'd just eaten, as evidenced by the bulge in his mid belly, and had no intention of moving, so we had to drive around him. I took a shot with my D7100 and 16-85 and on-board flash but can't post it for obvious reasons...

giag
Total Posts: 136

That's the worst lens flare I've ever seen!

kwoodard
Total Posts: 3002

Post it on the manual focus shooters shooting AF.

dhamments wrote:
Zichar wrote:
David: Beautiful scene, brings back a lot of travel memories for me. My brother, wife and I once trudged up barefoot from the beach back to our tent, north WA, off Quobba. It was dark, past sunset, and I handed my brother the tripod and told him to watch out for snakes in the low bushes. All of a sudden he stopped, the rest of us bumping in back-to-back like Larry, Curly and Moe. The whites of his eyes showing in the darkness as he stage whispered, I think I saw something slither across the trail. We shouted then ran as quick as we could, goose-stepping all the way up.

That's wonderful Jay. I love the colours and the background just seem like rays shooting out

Samy: Probably a stretch stretch stretch stretch stretch humvee limo

Thanks for looking Chin! Funny you should mention the snake... as we left the beach after sunset and travelled up the dirt road back to our camp we came across a smallish (6 foot long) carpet python soaking up the heat on the road. He'd just eaten, as evidenced by the bulge in his mid belly, and had no intention of moving, so we had to drive around him. I took a shot with my D7100 and 16-85 and on-board flash but can't post it for obvious reasons...

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7752

Love 'em all, never get tired of seeing them. Someday I'll get lucky and we'll have a night that's clear when we're supposed to be able to see them...

mike-in-ak wrote:
For all the Aurora junkies (like me )

These were all shot with a D3s - Nikkor 24mm /2.0 combination at varying ISO / shutter speeds. The Corona's were shot with an aperture of /2.8

Sorry if it's an over abundance.

James Markus
Total Posts: 4446

Reversed 24mm ais of Nikkor bits and pieces....

Socalpicman
Total Posts: 156

Great photo's all, wearing out the like button

Trying again, having issues posting my pic's.

DSC_6921 by PicMan JD, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, and your patience,

JD

Socalpicman
Total Posts: 156

James love the processing on "bits and pieces".

Looks like I figured out getting URL's on flicker, Old Dogs can learn new tricks A couple more from around the house.

DSC_6885 by PicMan JD, on Flickr

DSC_6948 by PicMan JD, on Flickr

Thanks for looking,
JD

kwoodard
Total Posts: 3002

JD, unreal detail! Very cool.

James, love the detail shots. Good to see you back.

I have made judicious use of the Like button... Seems that is all the time I really have anymore.

1       2       3              3684      
       3686              4320       4321       end