Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/3611

1       2       3              3611      
       3613              5891       5892       end

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

Thank you Samy. I love what you do with the 400mm. I have often thought of getting that lens but I already have the 300mm 4.5 and a 14A so i don't know if it would get used enough to justify

Great set of photos Nancy especially the rust!

Ken amazing shots of the Blue Angels I love the one through the trees!!! Thanks for the comment. I think Jay and I are going to the U. of T. again on Thursday if you would like to join us

Whooo Hooo Curtis another beautiful classic lens - rescued

Georg thanks for the comment. I love the harbor photo. B&W really works with that shot!

Thank you very much James and Andy. It is a very picturesque location and I can't wait to go back!! Actually I think Jay and i will go this thursday if all works out

Laura some how I thought that the jets would bring a comment from you

Ram love the soft haze in the air in that first photo - NICE

Rafael it looks like all of the pieces are there for the Model T. A project for you perhaps?

Jose what a cute little Cock-tailed Tyrant beautifully captured.

Thank you David. You would not be disappointed in the 35mm 1.4. I enjoy your posts. The beach photos brings a little serenity to us, since most don't get to see this scenery in person

leighton w
Total Posts: 12621

Scott - Sorry about that. Still a great shot Rafael!

David - Love the sunset over Koombana Bay. As far as my B&W, just added some contrast and clarity in LR. Probably to much, but what the heck.

Ken - Those last two, but especially the second one are outstanding!

Ronny Olsson
Total Posts: 5072

Thank's
As always great shot's everyone

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 36mm von Ronny Olsson ( Thank's for over 3 000 000 views ) auf Flickr

georgms
Total Posts: 4045

Ken, absolutely love the last shot! Very moody, I love the "grain", it looks like a movie-poster to my eyes. Thanks for your kind words!

Ronny, superbe flower-shot again. Have to play more with longer lenses and tubes - thanks for sharing your inspiring work!

georgms
Total Posts: 4045

Inspired by the thread-starter's work - thanks, Curtis! One from this afternoon, shot while killing some spare time (waiting for a call):

Milchstern von georgsfoto auf Flickr
D700 + Ai 55/1.2 wide open, Nikon PK-11A extension tube
7 focus-bracketed shots stacked/blended together in PS
The German name for this plant/flower is "Milchstern", could be a "Star of Bethlehem" or a relative plant, but I'm not 100 percent sure.
As usual, I'm not really happy with the framing.

MDoc9523

Not only beautiful Georg, but also inspirational.

mp356
Total Posts: 5639

Ken, great series of the Blue Angles. The last image is terrific and very well titled.

Ronny, lovely color in this floral. I like the dark background.

Georg, beautiful b&w floral. Love the grain and tones.

the solitaire
Total Posts: 2122

This weekend I played around with tubes a bit.

This is a 55mm f3,5 micro Nikkor with PK-1`3 and PN-11 tubes attached, at f11 on my D300

I was in the woods, taking pictures of treestumps (again)

55mm f1,2 S.C Nikkor @ f2

55mm f1,2 S.C Nikkor again at f2

And then I got photo bombed

MDoc9523

Scott I am glad I caught you. I was looking at your Zenfolio 2014 folder and I really love number 47. Great framing.

MDoc9523

Buddy that eye photo is just plain scary
Love the dog photo

MDoc9523

QUick question to all. I just realized that when I am through taking photos and I am putting my bag back together to store. No matter what lens is on my camera, I will take it off and make sure that the 35mm 1.4 AIS is on my camera. Does anybody else do that or have I got a bad case of OCD?

Ken Hill
Total Posts: 1118

MDoc9523 wrote:
QUick question to all. I just realized that when I am through taking photos and I am putting my bag back together to store. No matter what lens is on my camera. I always make sure that the 35mm 1.4 AIS is on my camera. Does anybody else do that or have I got a bad case of OCD?

No Ray, Like me you have CDO ... when you must put OCD in alphabetical order. Yes my current walk around lens the 35-70 is affixed. The 55mm 1.2 SC and the 180 2.8 ED are close by.

Thursday may be good. I have that deposition in the AM in Tampa ... won't be in Wranglers though!

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4683

deang001 wrote:
I'm thinking about adding the 28/2.8 series E as well, but it gets a bad write up most of the time. Is it really that bad? Has anyone had any experience with it?

On Fx, it gets soft at the corners, but it is quite nice on Dx. I would say that it is a little under rated because of its mix of plastic/metal in its construction. Optically, it is pretty nice. I usually set it to f/5.6 and leave it there. f/5.6-f/8 is the sweet spot for sharpness.

My set on Flickr with this lens and D7000: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kevinwoodard/sets/72157632470475929/

A few notables. Also, this lens renders quite nice, don't have to do much processing with it. Most shots on my Flickr page don't have a lot of processing with this lens.

This shot processed in Gimp

HDR

And a shot mimicking the shot that brought me to this thread ala Curtis.

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 3777

Ken, stunning series of the Blue Angels

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 3777

180/2.8 ais :

kwoodard

Here is one other with the Series E 28/2.8 that I remember a lot of people liking...

ISO800 and f/16

Stokesey
Total Posts: 1543

We all know how much Leighton like a door ......

Well on this occasion I went for the grand entrance ....

Sorry Leighton ... no door as such .....

And then beyond the entrance and in the courtyard of the British Library in London is this contorted draughtsman ...

But my concession is to Leighton .... by using the Leighton lens !!

Steve

the solitaire

MDoc9523 wrote:
QUick question to all. I just realized that when I am through taking photos and I am putting my bag back together to store. No matter what lens is on my camera, I will take it off and make sure that the 35mm 1.4 AIS is on my camera. Does anybody else do that or have I got a bad case of OCD?

Ray, for me it's the 55 f1,2 S.C

Always on there in case I wish to just grab the camera and take some photos around the house

kwoodard

the solitaire wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:

Ray, for me it's the 55 f1,2 S.C

Always on there in case I wish to just grab the camera and take some photos around the house

That has become the lens that lives on the camera for me as well (well, the 55/1.2 AI). It dethroned the Series E 50/1.8 that used to live there.

the solitaire

Kevin, the 55 f1,2 Ai is a lens that I would also like to own. Mainly because it's pretty much the same lens as the 55 f1,2 S.C but looks different because of the rubber covered focus ring

1       2       3              3611      
       3613              5891       5892       end