Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/3583

1       2       3              3583      
       3585              5889       5890       end

Stokesey
Total Posts: 1543

Jay the youngster seems to have a handle on that canon ....

Nice capture !!!

Steve

georgms
Total Posts: 4045

Stokesey wrote:
Jay the youngster seems to have a handle on that canon ....

Nice capture !!!

Steve

Yeah, I wonder what would be his target...

a.RodriguezPix
Total Posts: 2236

HCE HCE wrote:
Georg Nice colors! That 1st shot's sign must be prohibiting something...

Ram I like the silvery B&W version best.

Gregg Rust and wood make a very nice subject. I recently got accused of carrying that tin around, but honest, it was just a polarizer!

Ken What an interesting waterfall, lots of interesting angles possible with this one.

Leighton Took me 4 times before I saw what is going on, pretty cool!

-Jay-
I love these! These birds are awesome and this photograph is perfect!

Big Appa
Total Posts: 1288

Georg, your photos of the factory closing are very much the experience I had back
in 1995. After my 28 years there, they also closed, and at age 60 I was looking for another job. I know how the fellow in the photo must feel. I hope he has good luck
with retirement or finding other employment.

Ed

georgms
Total Posts: 4045

Big Appa wrote:
Georg, your photos of the factory closing are very much the experience I had back
in 1995. After my 28 years there, they also closed, and at age 60 I was looking for another job. I know how the fellow in the photo must feel. I hope he has good luck
with retirement or finding other employment.

Ed

Ed, thanks. He is 62 now and is hoping for promised new retirement-regulations. After 47 years of hard physical work he should have the right to retire with full pension in my opinion.
Most new jobs here are desktop-employments (call-centers, insurances, marketing and stuff like this). Not the proper job for many people formerly employed at the wharfs and industrial plants...

leighton w
Total Posts: 12621

Thank you all for the comments and likes. I really appreciate them.

Jay - The Egrets are wonderful!

Steve - Got to love a door that's this red. Thanks for sharing.

Jose - Great angle on that bird.

Georg - What a sad story about this guy. You captured him beautifully.

leighton w

I've decided that I want to make a change in my photography, so I've decided to sell all of my Nikon gear and move to Olympus 4/3. I will be posting my kit in a couple of days on the B&S page. It's been a fabulous ride here and I'll miss all of you, although I'll check in from time to time.

asiostygius
Total Posts: 3289

Fools' Day

Rinie Hoff
Total Posts: 1629

Hi Guys, thank you all for welcoming me back! It's nice to be back, at least for now. I know being active takes more time than I have at the moment. Otherwise I go to bed too late ;-)
Here are some more photo's from the same event, all with the 180mm, f/2.8, except the one of my cat, that was taken with the 35mm f/2

Three graces....

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 3777

"Main street" ,Riquewihr, Alsace :

pburke
Total Posts: 3008

leighton w wrote:
I've decided that I want to make a change in my photography, so I've decided to sell all of my Nikon gear and move to Olympus 4/3. I will be posting my kit in a couple of days on the B&S page. It's been a fabulous ride here and I'll miss all of you, although I'll check in from time to time.

joanlvh
Total Posts: 1750

DF+85mm

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 16784

leighton w wrote:

Has hell frozen over?

I didn't think so...

leighton w

You guys just know me too well!

CGrindahl

leighton w wrote:
You guys just know me too well!

We know you drank the Kool-Aid LONG ago...

There is no hope for you but to keep coming back to this thread for the antidote...

leighton w

Mr. G
Total Posts: 809

leighton w wrote:

If you don't mind me asking, what prompted the change? Compactness of the kit? Other then weight, I cannot see any reason to change. All the high end systems from the main manufacturers take the same photos. Other then color cast, there is (to my eyes anyways) very little difference.

I for one am going to miss your constant presence here.

Gregg

CGrindahl

Hooked one... Gregg, you haven't been around long enough to appreciate that Leighton is a big kidder. He ain't going anywhere... I've even put it in my will that when I die he gets this thread...

Mr. G

For a man losing his job after 40 odd years, he looks pretty happy. Maybe he gets to retire and play cars and cameras all day like our good friend Reagan ....

Mr. G

CGrindahl wrote:
Hooked one... Gregg, you haven't been around long enough to appreciate that Leighton is a big kidder. He ain't going anywhere... I've even put it in my will that when I die he gets this thread...

Hook....Line.... and Sinker

Got me good.....

I was getting ready to make an offer on his f1.2

1       2       3              3583      
       3585              5889       5890       end